OByrne Cup 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeythelips

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on January 15, 2020, 12:12:05 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on January 14, 2020, 11:39:06 PM
Healy will be in the team that finishes the league ....Mark my words

He may be 33/34 but he's still one of the best options we have ar corner-back considering the losses of Attride and Dillon this year. I wonder will Saunders be brought in as well to cover that position after U-20's finish campaign. He looks physically ready for senior inter-county football.

He might be wasted in corner back, he could also be slightly exposed as he would surly not have the same pace he once had. He is a terrifically experienced footballer and leader and I wonder would he have more influence on a game at centre back.

SCFC

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on January 15, 2020, 12:12:05 AM

He may be 33/34 but he's still one of the best options we have ar corner-back considering the losses of Attride and Dillon this year. I wonder will Saunders be brought in as well to cover that position after U-20's finish campaign. He looks physically ready for senior inter-county football.
I would think O'Flynn, Barry and Saunders will all be part of the senior team from the under 20's.

thegreeenandgold

You could be right but if Timmons, Healy and Munnelly are starting, we will be heading to Div 3.  All great servants but are past their prime, they genuinely would be left for dead by reasonably decent inter county players.  You could be right that they are the best we have, but if that is the case we are in big trouble. Sugrue was in the process of changing our age profile,  a return of these lads would not be a good sign.  Again this is not a slur on any of the 3 players as they have been superstars for Laois in their day but they are not getting younger & two them would have a tough time of it with injuries.