David Clifford protection

Started by Kingdom37, January 25, 2020, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Do you think the umpire might have got his little book out to ask Clifford for an autograph and then thought better of it. :)

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 10, 2020, 05:18:00 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 10, 2020, 05:11:58 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 10, 2020, 04:06:45 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 10, 2020, 03:52:03 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 10, 2020, 02:48:57 PM
Tyrone wans out in force today. Delusional

😂 Muppets like you make me laugh. What is delusional
Do I aye? You're the muppet here if you think Clifford deserved the red. Only reason why Tyrone won the game.

That made me laugh. You seem to be forgetting again that Peter harte was sent off as well but no one seems to mention that. If you think Clifford was the only reason you lost then you definitely are delusional
Did it aye?
I'm not from Kerry so I didn't lose anything. Peter Harte ahaha your whataboutery knows no bounds.

You may as well be from Kerry when you speak with that level of bias.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Kingdom37

Do I aye? You're the muppet here if you think Clifford deserved the red. Only reason why Tyrone won the game.

That made me laugh. You seem to be forgetting again that Peter harte was sent off as well but no one seems to mention that. If you think Clifford was the only reason you lost then you definitely are delusional

Peter harte was put off for diving.

tonto1888

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 10, 2020, 07:34:21 PM

So did both players dive then and Hartes was his second yellow?

illdecide

Quote from: Throw ball on February 10, 2020, 06:40:03 PM
Do you think the umpire might have got his little book out to ask Clifford for an autograph and then thought better of it. :)

I wouldn't doubt it...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Kingdom37

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 10, 2020, 07:44:56 PM

Murphy was standing his ground

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 10, 2020, 10:03:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2020, 09:55:47 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 10, 2020, 09:10:50 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 09, 2020, 10:53:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2020, 10:35:53 PM
I don't get the "key player isn't going to be the instigator" we're hearing from Whelan. Yeah, somebody might be getting at him but that doesn't give him licence to step outside the rules of the game. Also, if a ref sees two players wrestling, it would not be right for him to decide who probably started it.

We haven't yet seen how that particular incident started btw.

I agree, the ref went with his umpires though, forwards can be cute hoors also, conning a ref is standard. From the footage I'd have black carded the Tyrone lad. I don't do the two yellows card thing, unless it's actually two yellows!

You've instigators and retaliatory fouls which will result in yellows or worse. But I'll generally dismiss second yellows or hop balls even.

Is there other footage going around? On the footage I've seen none of it showed who started it. They both stumble into screen with fists full of each others shirts.  So if you, as a ref turned around and saw the two guys wrestling you'd just book one? ref can only act on what he saw or the Umpires tell him.

I can only call what I see, if the umpires see something different then you consult them, again you don't have to go with their call and they can't tell you its a yellow card offence, they can only tell you what happened, but as I said on the footage that we all seen, the Tyrone lad looked like he wrestled him to the ground, black card offence. grabbing shirts is not an offence, whoever pulled who to the ground takes the card
If that's the correct interpretation of the rules then I don't know what to say. They were both wrestling, but because Clifford hit the ground it's a black card? Maybe I've been away from playing the game too long but that seems nonsense to me.

The correct interpretation of the rules are what I've already said, consult your umpires if they have called you in for an off the ball incident. It's very simple, even if you've not played for a while that was always the case. I stated you can only go with what you saw, and from the footage I seen (granted it's didn't show the start) but if I see a player drag a player down and if he's on top logic would tell you the defender dragged him down.

I'd like to see the footage again, I'm sure someone has it on a phone. Dragging someone down off the ball should be a black card, so giving the yellow was the wrong call in my book
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 10, 2020, 07:51:09 PM

Maybe Clifford should have tried doing the same.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

You have no idea why he got the second yellow

Kingdom37

Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2020, 08:21:18 PM

Maybe Clifford should have tried doing the same.

When someone grabs you by neck are you expected to stand there

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2020, 07:16:56 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 10, 2020, 05:18:00 PM

Did it aye?
I'm not from Kerry so I didn't lose anything. Peter Harte ahaha your whataboutery knows no bounds.

You may as well be from Kerry when you speak with that level of bias.
No bias at all. Peter harte's red is a separate and irrelevant situation to Clifford's.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2020, 08:08:54 PM
I don't get the "key player isn't going to be the instigator" we're hearing from Whelan. Yeah, somebody might be getting at him but that doesn't give him licence to step outside the rules of the game. Also, if a ref sees two players wrestling, it would not be right for him to decide who probably started it.

I agree, the ref went with his umpires though, forwards can be cute hoors also, conning a ref is standard. From the footage I'd have black carded the Tyrone lad. I don't do the two yellows card thing, unless it's actually two yellows!

You've instigators and retaliatory fouls which will result in yellows or worse. But I'll generally dismiss second yellows or hop balls even.

Is there other footage going around? On the footage I've seen none of it showed who started it. They both stumble into screen with fists full of each others shirts.  So if you, as a ref turned around and saw the two guys wrestling you'd just book one? ref can only act on what he saw or the Umpires tell him.

I can only call what I see, if the umpires see something different then you consult them, again you don't have to go with their call and they can't tell you its a yellow card offence, they can only tell you what happened, but as I said on the footage that we all seen, the Tyrone lad looked like he wrestled him to the ground, black card offence. grabbing shirts is not an offence, whoever pulled who to the ground takes the card
If that's the correct interpretation of the rules then I don't know what to say. They were both wrestling, but because Clifford hit the ground it's a black card? Maybe I've been away from playing the game too long but that seems nonsense to me.

The correct interpretation of the rules are what I've already said, consult your umpires if they have called you in for an off the ball incident. It's very simple, even if you've not played for a while that was always the case. I stated you can only go with what you saw, and from the footage I seen (granted it's didn't show the start) but if I see a player drag a player down and if he's on top logic would tell you the defender dragged him down.

I'd like to see the footage again, I'm sure someone has it on a phone. Dragging someone down off the ball should be a black card, so giving the yellow was the wrong call in my book
No I get it about the umpires. Thing is we don't know what the umpires saw as the clip didn't show the start of it. People are just assuming Clifford wasn't the instigator. Maybe they saw something we didn't.
But forgetting about them, because as I said we don't know what they saw before the two stumbled into the screen. If two lads are wrestling and one's stronger they're going to get the blame?  Or if one loses his footing and goes down you'd blame the other. Just doesn't seem right to me.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 10, 2020, 10:29:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2020, 08:08:54 PM

No I get it about the umpires. Thing is we don't know what the umpires saw as the clip didn't show the start of it. People are just assuming Clifford wasn't the instigator. Maybe they saw something we didn't.
But forgetting about them, because as I said we don't know what they saw before the two stumbled into the screen. If two lads are wrestling and one's stronger they're going to get the blame?  Or if one loses his footing and goes down you'd blame the other. Just doesn't seem right to me.

But it's clear if two people are grabbing shirts and the other one throws him to the ground because he's stronger then he's the one to go unfortunately. Personally if it was a straight joint affair I'd have played on and not bothered doing anything. But it's not a club game, cameras everywhere and refs are assessed and need to follow protocol, common sense doesn't come into it. But the footage is all I'm going on, Tyrone player looked the aggressor
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

Is there any chance that the umpire, who was stood 10 yards away, saw something in the incident that those who weren't even at the game, didn't see?
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2020, 11:01:00 PM
Is there any chance that the umpire, who was stood 10 yards away, saw something in the incident that who weren't even at the game, didn't see?

I'd say he wrote it in his wee book, or the match report will have it.

Umpires are asked don't bother the ref unless it's a yellow or red card offence, if lads are doing a bitta holding or niggle stuff warn them and you've informed the ref. That's it. The ref should have that chat and then there's no excuse if it continues. Haven't seen this fully and until a neutrals opinion on it or a video of it from the start then it's hard to judge.

But why would a lad on a yellow, who's won a free get himself into bother by himself? Madness