David Clifford protection

Started by Kingdom37, January 25, 2020, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Hopefully not. The ref should have just brought the two boys in for a talking to rather than flashing cards. Would have been sorted then and none of this over analysis of the incident and Clifford's reaction.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BennyHarp

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 10, 2020, 01:14:08 PM
Declan Bogue was speaking to Shane Stapleton on his podcast, Bogue was at the game and said it was started by the Tyrone player. He said it was a ridiculous second yellow for  Clifford.

Did he say anything about Peter Harte's sending off?
That was never a square ball!!

GiveItToTheShooters

Tyrone wans out in force today. Delusional

tyroneman

"Tyrone wans out in force today. Bringing sense to the Delusional"

Fixed that for you  ;)

tyrone08

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 10, 2020, 02:48:57 PM

😂 Muppets like you make me laugh. What is delusional

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 10, 2020, 03:52:03 PM

Do I aye? You're the muppet here if you think Clifford deserved the red. Only reason why Tyrone won the game.

MC

Declan Bogue normally talks quite sensibly and without the blinkers and he does it again on Shane Stapleton's show.
His view - only the defender should have got the yellow card.

Not sure if Kerry would have won with Clifford though - Declan Bogue also talks about Tyrone's overall tactics and how they were finishing much stronger than Kerry in the last 15.

He also talks about how the issue of the defender grappling is perceived as a Tyrone issue when the reality is that all the top teams do it - you only have to remove the blinkers and look how McShane was welcomed back yesterday off the ball, or see the treatment dished out to Harte.

Personally I would like to see all this crap dealt with by the ref, or the linesmen, or the umpires - prefer to see good football - but that will only happen when everyone calls for it and acknowledges that their own teams are as guilty as everyone else.

All for David Clifford protection, but also Dean Rock, Ryan Mc Hugh, Petey Harte, and all the others!

tyrone08

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 10, 2020, 04:06:45 PM

Do I aye? You're the muppet here if you think Clifford deserved the red. Only reason why Tyrone won the game.

That made me laugh. You seem to be forgetting again that Peter harte was sent off as well but no one seems to mention that. If you think Clifford was the only reason you lost then you definitely are delusional

tyrone08

Quote from: MC on February 10, 2020, 04:30:52 PM
Declan Bogue normally talks quite sensibly and without the blinkers and he does it again on Shane Stapleton's show.

Not sure if Kerry would have won with Clifford though - Declan Bogue also talks about Tyrone's overall tactics and how they were finishing much stronger than Kerry in the last 15.

He also talks about how the issue of the defender grappling is perceived as a Tyrone issue when the reality is that all the top teams do it - you only have to remove the blinkers and look how McShane was welcomed back yesterday off the ball, or see the treatment dished out to Harte.

Personally I would like to see all this crap dealt with by the ref, or the linesmen, or the umpires - prefer to see good football - but that will only happen when everyone calls for it and acknowledges that their own teams are as guilty as everyone else.

All for David Clifford protection, but also Dean Rock, Ryan Mc Hugh, Petey Harte, and all the others!

Agreed that all players deserve protection but what annoys me is that only a few select players in Ireland deserve protection. Peter harte is a prime example of a player that is consistently fouled but nothing is done to stop it.

At the Dub v kerry match the amount of pulling and ripping of jeresys was ridiculous but it never made a headlight as tyrone were not involved.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 10, 2020, 05:11:58 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 10, 2020, 04:06:45 PM

That made me laugh. You seem to be forgetting again that Peter harte was sent off as well but no one seems to mention that. If you think Clifford was the only reason you lost then you definitely are delusional
Did it aye?
I'm not from Kerry so I didn't lose anything. Peter Harte ahaha your whataboutery knows no bounds.

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 10, 2020, 05:15:52 PM

Agreed that all players deserve protection but what annoys me is that only a few select players in Ireland deserve protection. Peter harte is a prime example of a player that is consistently fouled but nothing is done to stop it.

At the Dub v kerry match the amount of pulling and ripping of jeresys was ridiculous but it never made a headlight as tyrone were not involved.

Never made a headline? Really?

tyrone08

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 10, 2020, 05:57:33 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 10, 2020, 05:15:52 PM

Never made a headline? Really?

Well considering that rte, independent, Irish news, ex pundits and even hoganstand has came out crying abut this, in comparison the Dub v kerry game never got this level of attention

tonto1888

I seen plenty of it.
I have sympathy for Tyrone at the moment in regards to this. But when people like you go on and on about it it makes it hard to have a lot of sympathy

illdecide

Quote from: WT4E on February 10, 2020, 01:11:23 PM
Will Clifford get extra ban for threatening umpires? Probably lack of experience but will learn from this - dont get involved!

He should have grabbed the we black book of him and hit him up the kisser with it...Clown. It was disgraceful but you know what majority of those Umpires come with the Ref to the games and haven't a clue if the O'Neills ball was blew up or stuffed, majority of them never played the game and wouldn't know why the lad was being targeted in the first place.
They get their few minutes of fame and that'll do them rightly
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch