David Clifford protection

Started by Kingdom37, January 25, 2020, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2020, 10:19:51 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 09, 2020, 04:36:23 PM
I don't know what Clifford or Harte did but Refs have to start having an element of common sense. The likes of Clifford and Harte aren't going around hitting people for no reason. These are the players we want to see on the pitch, not the dirty f**kers who are pulling and dragging them all over the place. By the way though, if Kerry lads are whinging about refs costing you games, I'd suggest you should watch last years all Ireland semi final.

Is Petey Harte an innocent victim every time he gets himself sent off?

The man walks off a pitch early ever fecking summer.

He's very hard done by, if you saw the abuse he was setting from Tom O'Sullivan and Sean O'Shea in the AI semi final last year right under the nose of Deegan and nothing done about it then you'd have to say he gets no protection from referees.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on February 09, 2020, 10:23:37 PM
I don't know what Clifford or Harte did but Refs have to start having an element of common sense. The likes of Clifford and Harte aren't going around hitting people for no reason. These are the players we want to see on the pitch, not the dirty f**kers who are pulling and dragging them all over the place. By the way though, if Kerry lads are whinging about refs costing you games, I'd suggest you should watch last years all Ireland semi final.

He's very hard done by, if you saw the abuse he was setting from Tom O'Sullivan and Sean O'Shea in the AI semi final last year right under the nose of Deegan and nothing done about it then you'd have to say he gets no protection from referees.

We should start a message board about protecting petey harte like the kerry lads do for their players 😅

Kingdom37

Tom Sullivan and Seanie Shea 2 of the best footballers you ever see. They wouldn't engage in that dung.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2020, 10:35:53 PM
I don't get the "key player isn't going to be the instigator" we're hearing from Whelan. Yeah, somebody might be getting at him but that doesn't give him licence to step outside the rules of the game. Also, if a ref sees two players wrestling, it would not be right for him to decide who probably started it.

We haven't yet seen how that particular incident started btw.

I agree, the ref went with his umpires though, forwards can be cute hoors also, conning a ref is standard. From the footage I'd have black carded the Tyrone lad. I don't do the two yellows card thing, unless it's actually two yellows!

You've instigators and retaliatory fouls which will result in yellows or worse. But I'll generally dismiss second yellows or hop balls even.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

So much dung been hurled on this thread. It reflects the absolute nonsense that the officials put on show for us.... and really highlights again that GAA folks only want rules to be applied when they're in their favour.

——

It's time we take a long hard look at what we want Gaelic Football to be.

If we want it to be an manly, aggressive pursuit, then referees need to be persuaded/ forced to allow a manly and aggressive amount of shenanigans without fear of being marked down by assessors.

The problem with the current directives is that they absolutely encourage the blight that is cheating. When forwards know they'll get a free for any contact at top speed, they will fall over with ease. When defenders know that they can get their man booked for wrestling, they will wrestle. When anyone going down knows that holding their head will force a stoppage, they will hold their head regardless of the contact area.

I've always disliked hurling but f**k me I envy the spirit that game is played in. And how it is refereed is the main reason for that spirit.

BennyCake

He's fecked up my FF team. Should've stayed on honeymoon!

BennyHarp

He may not always be innocent but he most definitely isn't always the aggressor.
That was never a square ball!!

AFM

I don't get the "key player isn't going to be the instigator" we're hearing from Whelan. Yeah, somebody might be getting at him but that doesn't give him licence to step outside the rules of the game. Also, if a ref sees two players wrestling, it would not be right for him to decide who probably started it.

In which case why punish both?

RedHand88

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 09, 2020, 10:49:36 PM

Tom Sullivan and Seanie Shea 2 of the best footballers you ever see. They wouldn't engage in that dung.

They did though. It's all on camera. Go back and watch it. You can't deny it.

nrico2006

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 10, 2020, 07:57:35 AM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 09, 2020, 10:49:36 PM

They did though. It's all on camera. Go back and watch it. You can't deny it.

How many red cards has Peter Harte had in championship?  I wouldn't say he has too many.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: Throw ball on February 09, 2020, 05:13:56 PM
The footage I saw would suggest that the Tyrone player was the aggressor. I have no idea why Harte was sent off.  Last night there were handbags at halftime in the Armagh v Kildare game. Numerous players were involved yet Jamie Clarke is the only one to get a yellow -and it didn't start with him and I havent seen what he did. For his second yellow the Kildare player appealed to the linesman to get him sent off. 3 of the best players in the country and they get no protection. I am sure other counties see the same with their best players. These are the players you want to see. Not the diving mouthy players that always seem to walk away without censure.

What footage did you see?  Could you share a link?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

This is the thing.
For all the outrage about the Clifford sending off, how many people seen how the incident actually started?
Clifford may be innocent and hard done by, but equally he could have grabbed mcdonalds shirt first which resulted in the wrestling.
The TV footage doesn't show it from the start.
Just because he threw his hands out at the end doesn't make him completely innocent.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 09, 2020, 10:53:32 PM

I agree, the ref went with his umpires though, forwards can be cute hoors also, conning a ref is standard. From the footage I'd have black carded the Tyrone lad. I don't do the two yellows card thing, unless it's actually two yellows!

You've instigators and retaliatory fouls which will result in yellows or worse. But I'll generally dismiss second yellows or hop balls even.

Is there other footage going around? On the footage I've seen none of it showed who started it. They both stumble into screen with fists full of each others shirts.  So if you, as a ref turned around and saw the two guys wrestling you'd just book one? ref can only act on what he saw or the Umpires tell him.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 10, 2020, 09:10:50 AM

Is there other footage going around? On the footage I've seen none of it showed who started it. They both stumble into screen with fists full of each others shirts.  So if you, as a ref turned around and saw the two guys wrestling you'd just book one? ref can only act on what he saw or the Umpires tell him.

I can only call what I see, if the umpires see something different then you consult them, again you don't have to go with their call and they can't tell you its a yellow card offence, they can only tell you what happened, but as I said on the footage that we all seen, the Tyrone lad looked like he wrestled him to the ground, black card offence. grabbing shirts is not an offence, whoever pulled who to the ground takes the card
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2020, 09:55:47 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 10, 2020, 09:10:50 AM

I can only call what I see, if the umpires see something different then you consult them, again you don't have to go with their call and they can't tell you its a yellow card offence, they can only tell you what happened, but as I said on the footage that we all seen, the Tyrone lad looked like he wrestled him to the ground, black card offence. grabbing shirts is not an offence, whoever pulled who to the ground takes the card

The footage shows the two of them wrestling and falling to the ground where McDonnell then pins him. It doesn't show you who went and grabbed who first so it's inconclusive in that way. It would make sense that Clifford wouldn't have engaged it already being on a yellow but that is being presumptive as we don't have footage of what happened.

You could make similar presumptive conclusions about Peter Harte's second yellow.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL