Laois Hurling Team 00-20

Started by Keyser Söze, December 15, 2019, 12:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the hop

Live now GAA.IE, Carlow IT against GMIT in the Fitzgibbon, plenty of lads playing

G@@

Quote from: clonadmad on December 19, 2019, 04:34:12 PM
That Laois team in its prime wouldn't have a chance against either Kk or Tipp,they wouldn't get a puck of it off the Kk backs if they faced them and the Tipp forwards would run some total up against them as well,in a game.

They would struggle physically against Limerick 18 and Galway 17 as well

The only one in the last 15 odd years,I could see them giving a game to would be Clare 13 but even then it could get ugly.

I wouldn't agree totally, the KK team I'd agree with as it has been proven that numerous counties couldn't topple them over the 05-15 era in particular. We did give Galway and Clare a tough time of it with our not-so-strong teams in the last ten years which suggests that we had hurlers (evidently not enough of them) but perhaps we were lacking team co-hesion, that is until Eddie Brennan came along. (In fairness though, Cheddar's reign was close to achieving this). With a generational team as posted prior, I think we would have faired better against alot of the high-tier teams with that pick.

Don't forget, we ran Tipp closer than KK did in the AI final this year, and we both suffered having 14 men against 15 for similar periods.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

BobbyBoucherJr

Has Jack Kelly left the hurling panel? Heard he did today

Helix.

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on January 21, 2020, 03:36:38 PM

Unless you mean Joe Phelan according to Laois today?

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Helix. on January 21, 2020, 04:34:04 PM

Unless you mean Joe Phelan according to Laois today?

A lot of bad news on the hurling front, this last month or so.  :(
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

BobbyBoucherJr

Could be, my informant must have got it wrong