Roscommon's next Manager

Started by Rossfan, July 20, 2015, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

After yesterday's Connacht Final the present incumbent has to move on.
To be replaced by??
Has the Hatch Committee met yet?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Thon would be at the back of the bus wrecking it...

illdecide

If u can afford a bus like that then you'd have no bother paying for this guy ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Shrewdness

Rossfan, when i saw the thread title, i thought there had been a development. In the absence of same, no point whatsoever on speculating on names, for a position for which no vacancy exists.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2015, 10:48:56 AM
To be replaced by??
You are looking for another manager when ye all thought ye'd got the real deal a few short months ago.  If ye think John Evans s useless, what about more than half of the bleddy team?

Bedad, eaten bread is soon forgotten in the land of the woolly jumpers!
Evans had two outstanding league campaigns and brought Ross into the top division this year.
He can't be all that bad.
He could walk on water, you all said. (Well Syf thought so anyway. )
If he goes, whatever unlucky hoor who takes over, will have to start from scratch again and will put the cause of Ross back a couple of years before ye do a John Maughan on him and send him on his way.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2015, 10:48:56 AM
To be replaced by??

After yesterday ye should be blessing yerselves that ye dodged that bullet. Imagine the mauling ye d have got in McHale park yesterday. Would have set ye back a lot further than losing to likes of Sligo and Fermanagh and Sligo. Evans did well to promote that team. Give him the chance to help them stay up. Ye owe the team and him that.

Rudi

Evans is a grand lad, nothing like Maughtan or Carr. However he has failed this team in big championship games. I would however not be devastated if he he stayed on another year, as I believe we have nothing to replace him with. Us Rossies should be somewhat happy to have avoided an awful kicking by them Mayo hoors. Nothing worse than them shower thrashing us, they lack mercy, no class at all.

moysider

The thing is that when Mayo next play Ros in championship it will be in McHale Park. That will help keep yer development stunted a while yet. Something a new manager might well factor in - especially a Mayo one.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: moysider on July 20, 2015, 01:22:46 PM
The thing is that when Mayo next play Ros in championship it will be in McHale Park. That will help keep yer development stunted a while yet. Something a new manager might well factor in - especially a Mayo one.

Moysider I would keep comments like that to myself as they will come back to haunt you, Mayo beat Roscommon by a point last year and had to bring on Andy Moran to do that,  ye are not as great as you think and that will be proved when ye meet a decent team, Sligo yesterday were a complete mess. Due to age profile and a lack of talent emerging the  day is coming fast when Roscommon and Galway will have yere number in the championship, you should probably keep that in mind.

Mac2

Quote from: Rudi on July 20, 2015, 01:13:40 PM
Evans is a grand lad, nothing like Maughtan or Carr. However he has failed this team in big championship games. I would however not be devastated if he he stayed on another year, as I believe we have nothing to replace him with. Us Rossies should be somewhat happy to have avoided an awful kicking by them Mayo hoors. Nothing worse than them shower thrashing us, they lack mercy, no class at all.
Explain what you mean by that?

manfromdelmonte

Chalk and Cheese
Apples and Oranges

does anybody believe Roscommon would have set up as naively v Mayo as Sligo did?
A Roscommon team with the spine of their team fit would give Mayo a good game.

Tubberman

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on July 20, 2015, 01:33:47 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 20, 2015, 01:22:46 PM

Moysider I would keep comments like that to myself as they will come back to haunt you, Mayo beat Roscommon by a point last year and had to bring on Andy Moran to do that,  ye are not as great as you think and that will be proved when ye meet a decent team, Sligo yesterday were a complete mess. Due to age profile and a lack of talent emerging the  day is coming fast when Roscommon and Galway will have yere number in the championship, you should probably keep that in mind.

5 in a row and a record winning margin - we're not too bloody bad!
And Ros are supposed to be coming since 2011. Ye will beat us some day I'm sure but we're going to consider ourselves better than Ros until that happens - because we are.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rudi

Quote from: Mac2 on July 20, 2015, 01:44:32 PM
Quote from: Rudi on July 20, 2015, 01:13:40 PM
Explain what you mean by that?

What point need clarification?

Syferus

You're going to look a bit of a tool if Evans stays Rossfan..