Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Might as well get this started, the kingdom will be warm favourites after today. Neither sounded good enough to dethrone the spoon burners though

Syferus

2011 was hardly a hiding, certainly far removed from the dual AI final losses in the 00's. Ran Kerry close for a good chunk of the match and forced one of that Kerry team's best ever halves of football to see Mayo off in the second half. Understandable with the experience they had and the inexperience ye had of those occasions then. Lots of positive would have been took from that game and it's pretty clear Kerry are poorer and Mayo are much better than they were then.

BennyHarp

If they can beat the Kingdom in a big game at Croker then it would be a nice little confidence booster for Mayo to lay that ghost to rest before the final. But if Cork is the form line between the two teams then they could be in trouble. (Though to be fair both teams beat Galway by 7 I suppose)
That was never a square ball!!

johnpower

Really think both games played at different levels of intensity .hard game to call hope Stephen and Sheehan back

Jell 0 Biafra

macdanger2

Clinker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 04, 2014, 01:10:13 AM
Mayo will take them handy enough this time.

Yes, sure the bookies had Armagh at 5/6 against Meath and they won by 5 points so with Mayo at 4/5 it should be even more than that.
Sure look Kerry bate Cork by 12 points in the Munster Final and Mayo bate Cork by
Oh no.....

Jell 0 Biafra

Whatever about all that gobbledygook, this Mayo side are just better than this Kerry side.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 04, 2014, 01:25:05 AM
Whatever about all that gobbledygook, this Mayo side are just better than this Kerry side.

Some sickening arrogance from Mayo there.

yeah, I know he is a Dub but why look a gift horse in the mouth...)

sligoman2

Should be a close one.  I assume mayo will have a plan for odonoghue, if not then kerry will take it IMO
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

omagh_gael

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 04, 2014, 02:50:15 AM
Should be a close one.  I assume mayo will have a plan for odonoghue, if not then kerry will take it IMO

Mayo are the most streetwise team in the country, they'll have a cynical plan in mind to deal with JoD.

sans pessimism

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2014, 09:17:44 AM

Mayo are the most streetwise team in the country, they'll have a cynical plan in mind to deal with JoD.
everything was learned from our northern brethern
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

muppet

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2014, 09:17:44 AM

Says the Tyrone man  :D :D :D
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

So a Mayo v Kerry double header with the young yerras winning today, looking forward to it

moysider

Unbelievable times to have both minor and senior in last 4 again.

The senior match should be an interesting clash of styles between Mayo's naive all out attack and Kerry's defensive counter-attacking.