TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Think I'll give it a few days and watch Last Dance again, some show.

Always felt there was no real controversy with Jordan, it always seemed a bit manufactured. Ruthless Sportsman can be an asshole sometimes shocker, always feel it deserves a big 'so f**king what'.

Maroon Manc

I know very little about basketball but is Jordan still widely considered the greatest of all time?

bennydorano

Yeah. I was half expecting that to be questioned during this, but no sign or mention of a pretender to the crown.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on May 19, 2020, 10:19:31 AM
Yeah. I was half expecting that to be questioned during this, but no sign or mention of a pretender to the crown.

Lebron couldn't be far off though??

Rodman was an absolute character I can't imagine we'll see too many more like him in sport anymore!!

bennydorano

Bound to be a lot of young uns who would fight the corners of Lebron & Kobe.

mrdeeds

The Steve Kerr segment was great viewing.

An Watcher

One of the few sports I haven't a clue about but that show would nearly make me start watching basketball!!

An Watcher

Your man Phil Jackson has had some career even after the bulls with the lakers

Targetman

Saving the last episode for later tonight, great viewing, any recommendations for shows of a similar theme

michaelg

Return to Real Kashmir on BBC iplayer is a good show.

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on May 19, 2020, 03:04:53 PM

Kobe? Not a chance.

LeBron? They'd be well entitled to.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2020, 08:04:52 PM

Kobe? Not a chance.

Nah..

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boycey on May 19, 2020, 08:56:56 PM

Kobe? Not a chance.

Nah..

You could make a case for Lebron just on the numbers he regularly puts up over the course of his career, but MJ was a level above again IMO, he transcended the  sport
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boycey

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 19, 2020, 10:11:52 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 19, 2020, 08:56:56 PM

Kobe? Not a chance.

Nah..

You could make a case for Lebron just on the numbers he regularly puts up over the course of his career, but MJ was a level above again IMO, he transcended the  sport

Yeah, I've no beef with LeBron and some of his stats surpass MJ but like yourself I think there is something unquantifiable about Jordan that places him on a pedestal. I said last week I think he's the single greatest sportsperson ever, certainly in a team game.

gallsman

It is the futility of trying to compare eras. Kobe was a Jordan clone in the game he played and he was around got the end of the Jordan era. The game today is completely different. Jordan was a middling to sightly above average 3 pt shooter on very few attempts. Kevin Durant is a 6'11 monster who happens to be one of the best 3 pt shooters of all that. People like him, LeBron, Giannis, Jokic, Embiid just didn't exist in Jordan's day.

People also try the same argument they do with football, that the game is softer now. It's absolutely true but the idea that LeBron would have never any difficulty in the 80s or 90s physically is crazy. He's a 6'9 250lb behemoth who if you dumped him into the early to mid 90s would unquestionably be the best athlete I'm the entire league. Now he's just another one of the bunch. Conversely MJ bulked up to hit about 200/210 at 6'6. The guys who couldn't guard MJ wouldn't have a hope against LeBron either.