Tour de France 2022

Started by ONeill, July 06, 2022, 04:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markl121

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 20, 2022, 11:13:01 AM
Quote from: markl121 on July 20, 2022, 10:09:07 AM
Big day today. This is the day Pogacar has to take time
Short enough stage today. Tomorrow's would seem the more likely but he should be trying something on both. Should make for good viewing.
Short stages in recent years have been chaos. More energy to attack. Hopefully will be good

grounded

Quote from: markl121 on July 20, 2022, 10:09:07 AM
Big day today. This is the day Pogacar has to take time

Absolutely. Going to be exciting.

gallsman

All set up for it to be spectacular. Pog looks very, very comfortable. Haven't seen him or McNulty out of the saddle since turning on about 25 mins ago.

markl121

oakleaflad

What must G Thomas be thinking? Clearly better than everyone else but not even close to Pog or Jonas. UAE have played this well. Pog looks the more comfortable.

gallsman

markl121

Wow. Thought pog was cooked there and then had another kick

gallsman

Feels like a mistake not to have a go with JV isolated for the last two climbs.

markl121

Quote from: gallsman on July 20, 2022, 03:52:26 PM
Feels like a mistake not to have a go with JV isolated for the last two climbs.
I don't think he had it. Those rides by Bjerg and McNulty today though  :-X

grounded

Blistering pace. That diminished UAE team really impressed and isolated Jonas. But Jonas is in serious shape(much better than i thought).
    Tomorrow a much tougher stage, Tad still very optimistic at end of the stage that he can still win the tour. I cant wait for the race tomorrow. I think we know the podium finishers with GT taking third given his tt abilities. That in itself is an unbelievable achievement.

SHEEDY

The ride from Brandon McNulty today has to raise eyebrows, he's shown nothing like that form so far. To set that pace and break records is definitely suspicious, hopefully not and he's just been saving himself 🤔
nil satis nisi optimum

JoG2

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 20, 2022, 09:51:51 PM
The ride from Brandon McNulty today has to raise eyebrows, he's shown nothing like that form so far. To set that pace and break records is definitely suspicious, hopefully not and he's just been saving himself 🤔

Suspicious, surely they are all doping? Haven't watched the tour in a while, dip in and out these days. Are the times a fair bit slower than when Armstrong was winning?

markl121

Quote from: JoG2 on July 20, 2022, 10:22:46 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 20, 2022, 09:51:51 PM

Suspicious, surely they are all doping? Haven't watched the tour in a while, dip in and out these days. Are the times a fair bit slower than when Armstrong was winning?
the times are faster on heavier bikes. If the time on hautacam tomorrow is beaten then the doping is worse than ever.

CiKe

out of interest, why are the bikes heavier? Change in regulation for some reason?

bennydorano

I don't think the minimum weight bike regulation has changed in a long long time (6.8kg?), so no team would ever fail to hit that if it wanted. Bikes may be slightly heavier now (I doubt they are at this level tbh)  because of Disc brakes but more importantly aero frames are generally heavier than non aero frames but the Watt savings are greater from better aero than weight alone.