The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Where in the house was this video taken? Was it downstairs? Harrison sent Olding a video at 4:41pm on the 28th, so presumably this was it? And it was presumably deleted?

https://twitter.com/RosannaCooney/status/971391670846619648

@RosannaCooney
4h4 hours ago
More
Jackson confirms that a video of McIIroy and Olding with their trousers down at the party in his house, was sent to the JACOME group that night.

I find the following confusing.

Jackson appears to be saying that McIlroy didn't come into the room at all.

Yet McIlroy says he did. The complainant says he did (though hers and McIlroy's accounts differ as to what happened when he entered the room).

Is this what Jackson is saying?

But didn't McIlroy end up sleeping in Jackson's bed?

Jackson says he heard the complainant leave as he was downstairs at the time.

But this contradicts Harrison's account, because Harrison said he said goodbye to Jackson, who was in his room, before he left.

Didn't Harrison say the complainant was in tears as she left the house? Jackson has no recollection of this.

And Harrison says he has no recollection of Jackson being downstairs as the complainant left.

We also found out today that Jackson was "very drunk".

macdanger2

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 07, 2018, 04:30:37 PM
I can't understand why Jackson isnt being questioned about the issue of consent, as in why did he believe he had consent to indulge in any sexual activity with the girl. Surely this is the crux of the whole case, did the twitterers not make any mention of it?

Yeah, seems very strange, it's surely the key issue

seafoid

@RosannaCooney
Prosecution: "You didn't see the complainant looking at Mr Olding downstairs...fixated on him or brushing against him...and yet as soon as he comes in the room, she moves her affection to him, kissing him and begins to perform oral sex on him" Jackson: "Yes".

Most plausible from.such a respectable gentleman
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

CiKe

Quote from: seafoid on March 07, 2018, 07:55:48 PM
@RosannaCooney
Prosecution: "You didn't see the complainant looking at Mr Olding downstairs...fixated on him or brushing against him...and yet as soon as he comes in the room, she moves her affection to him, kissing him and begins to perform oral sex on him" Jackson: "Yes".

I haven't made mind up but I think you are naive if you totally discount the possibility

Syferus

Quote from: CiKe on March 07, 2018, 09:23:28 PM
@RosannaCooney

I haven't made mind up but I think you are naive if you totally discount the possibility

I think you're pretty naive not to almost completely discount the possibility given what we already know.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Syferus on March 07, 2018, 04:14:19 PM
I'm sure his junior infants teacher thought he was a lovely lad..
I know spit roast down your way usually involves a frisky hogget
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

StGallsGAA

Did he admit that under cross-examination? If so that's very poor prep from the defence team unless they are going with some sort of a  "drunken poor recollection but a gentleman" defence??

CiKe

Quote from: Syferus on March 07, 2018, 09:27:20 PM
Quote from: CiKe on March 07, 2018, 09:23:28 PM
@RosannaCooney

I think you're pretty naive not to almost completely discount the possibility given what we already know.

Maybe, but I KNOW you're a fuckwit based on the fact that you KNOW sweet f**k all, as do the rest of us following the trial on twitter...you'd do well to look up Socrates.

No need to thank me.

Milltown Row2

As Tony has left (temporarily) Syferus has taken up the baton as the village twat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2018, 10:34:44 PM
As Tony has left (temporarily) Syferus has taken up the baton as the village twat

It's funny because you're the one who has exposed yourself as a neanderthal in this thread. That you don't have the self-awareness to see that is surprising.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on March 07, 2018, 10:37:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2018, 10:34:44 PM

It's funny because you're the one who has exposed yourself as a neantheral in this thread. That you don't have the self-awareness to see that is surprising.

Legal qualifications please? Can you show them or is it bullshit? Others have also asked but nope you've failed again!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Ssshhh. He's saving society with his moral guardianship and advice on being self aware.

magpie seanie

The more I think about it today was bad for Jackson and I cannot understand why he was put on the stand. The defence must be hoping some of the jury are starstruck rugby fans or something.

He flat out contradicted the star defence witness Dara Florence.
He maintains his mates never told him that the girl left the house in hysterics and was alleging she was raped.
Agreed Olding and Harrison would have his back.
Agreed he thinks whatever upset the girl happened after she left his house.
Said the alleged victim was coming on to him all night yet immediately switched to giving oral sex to Olding who she had paid no attention to when he came into the room.
Appears to be telling lies about the term "spit roast" although he accepted he was involved in a "spit roast" with the alleged victim.
He admitted on the stand there was video of McIlroy and Olding going round with their trousers down in the house.
Contradicted McIlroy's account emphatically by saying he was never in the room.

His testimony is not believable. Individually it's possible some of these things might have happened but the likeliest thing is this is a c**k and bull story and the prosecution are right - the ranks closed to protect their guy.

The alleged victim was on the stand for 6 or 7 days and didn't miss a beat. Jackson was there for a mere 3.5 hours and produced pure rubbish.

Looking forward to Rory Best next week.

David McKeown

Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 07, 2018, 09:59:02 PM

Did he admit that under cross-examination? If so that's very poor prep from the defence team unless they are going with some sort of a  "drunken poor recollection but a gentleman" defence??

I'm not entirely sure how the defence were supposed to prepare him for that. Also reads more like a defence on all three elements of the offence. Ie there was no penile penetration. What happened was consensual or at least I reasonably believed (albeit it drunkly) it was consensual
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 07, 2018, 11:31:37 PM
The more I think about it today was bad for Jackson and I cannot understand why he was put on the stand. The defence must be hoping some of the jury are starstruck rugby fans or something.

He flat out contradicted the star defence witness Dara Florence.
He maintains his mates never told him that the girl left the house in hysterics and was alleging she was raped.
Agreed Olding and Harrison would have his back.
Agreed he thinks whatever upset the girl happened after she left his house.
Said the alleged victim was coming on to him all night yet immediately switched to giving oral sex to Olding who she had paid no attention to when he came into the room.
Appears to be telling lies about the term "spit roast" although he accepted he was involved in a "spit roast" with the alleged victim.
He admitted on the stand there was video of McIlroy and Olding going round with their trousers down in the house.
Contradicted McIlroy's account emphatically by saying he was never in the room.

His testimony is not believable. Individually it's possible some of these things might have happened but the likeliest thing is this is a c**k and bull story and the prosecution are right - the ranks closed to protect their guy.

The alleged victim was on the stand for 6 or 7 days and didn't miss a beat. Jackson was there for a mere 3.5 hours and produced pure rubbish.

Looking forward to Rory Best next week.

Not to saying you are right or wrong but when I read some of the Tweets about the case you could easily come to the exact opposition conclusion.

For example. One Tweeters account is he says McIlroy was. Ever in the room and didn't have sex with the complainant and is therefore a liar. the other Tweeter seems to report the exact same evidence as I didn't see him in the room but he may well have been I've no reason to thing he would lie. Without getting the full picture which I suppose we never will I don't think I could reach definite conclusions either way.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner