Sports measurement

Started by tyssam5, November 20, 2007, 05:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

http://www.designnews.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA6495998&industryid=43652#_self

New show on FOX Sports in the US on measurement of various sports techniques and forces using the latest technology. Would be interesting to see some Gaelic applications, like the analysis of catching techniques from various great fielders etc.

Hardy

QuoteCapacitance levels on the sensors are extraordinarily small — on the order of 10-15 Farads
???? That man must have big hands!

QuoteThere's no such thing as "hang time" ... basketball players ... are never defying gravitational forces by hanging in the air.
Well bate me black and blue with butterspades and here was I convinced all me life that basketball players were the only solid body with the ability to defy gravity.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hardy on November 20, 2007, 09:50:04 AM
QuoteThere's no such thing as "hang time" ... basketball players ... are never defying gravitational forces by hanging in the air.
Well bate me black and blue with butterspades and here was I convinced all me life that basketball players were the only solid body with the ability to defy gravity.
Dublin footballers tend to get fairly high all the same ;)