Club Website

Started by winghalfun, January 11, 2007, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

Our club is in the process of building a website and the topic came up regarding advertising on it.
I was just wondering whether any other club websites include adverts and if they do what sort of rate would be reasonable?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

tayto

Unless you're expecting a load of traffic you won't get advertising other then putting google ads on, which you get a small fee for every click on the ads on your site.

AbbeySider

Quote from: winghalfun on January 11, 2007, 11:42:41 AM
Our club is in the process of building a website and the topic came up regarding advertising on it.
I was just wondering whether any other club websites include adverts and if they do what sort of rate would be reasonable?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

It did come up as a topic for our club website and its something we will implement soon.
Im sure a lot of local plumbers and electricians and local businesses and sponsors would jump at the chance of advertising on their local GAA web page. Just make sure you are getting the hits and you update things like News, Fixtures, Lotto Results etc regularly.

winghalfun

Thanks lads. Any ideas on what rates to charge.
We were thinking of keeping to local businesses and pretty much just a static ad.

bailestil

Google ads will at least cover the cost of the website. Over £100pa, depends on the volume of people visiting

We simply then added our main sponsors to the site as smaller ads, to give them a bit of coverage of the website.
Maybe a bigger sponsor will be wondering why they are paying big bucks to sponsor a team but never mentioned on the website(i know realistically they won't complain)

If you can get a sponsor to cover the costs of the site, that more than enough