There rumours going around that McGeeney is stepping down as Armagh manager

tonto1888

Derryman forever

restorepride

Quote from: badjawbadteast on July 13, 2023, 08:37:10 PM
Prior to his suspension?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Wrong board lads - no one nationally gives a flying feck!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tonto1888

Quote from: restorepride on July 13, 2023, 10:58:26 PM
Prior to his suspension?

what suspension

illdecide

Haven't said much on here about Armagh and McGeeney as it's always best to let the dust settle before making judgement...At the time you be raging Armagh get beat but when you have time to think about it I think most of Armagh ones forget the pool of players we have available to us and the size of our County. Armagh are one of the smallest Counties in Ireland which approx 50% kicks with the other foot and halve that again for females, if anything I believe we punch consistently above our weight. Is KMcG the right man for the job?...I believe he is as he has them soo tight as a group and that takes a lot of doing. Aidan Forker's podcast a few days ago tells us KMCG cracks up with them in training if they're defensive or turn back with the ball instead of being on the front foot so the players have to take a lot of the flak too. I honestly believe he has the best players in the County on the panel and am not aware of any great club players excluded.

You need a lot of luck going for you and I don't think we've had the rub of the green at times, Armagh have had some bad injuries in key positions that effected us more than other teams with stronger panels. I know every team gets injuries and that's just reality but larger teams with stronger squads cope better than the Armaghs and Monaghans of this world. I would like to see him give it one more year with maybe a change in backroom team and hope next year he has a full deck to play with and get that wee bit of luck to get us over the line in tight games.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

An Watcher

Certainly got the rub of the green in their ulster championship draw.  Certainly got the rub of the green beating galway down there.  Also got a massive slice of luck with that goal against westmeath but yes, Armagh have been real unfortunate this year

restorepride

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 14, 2023, 12:07:45 PM
Quote from: restorepride on July 13, 2023, 10:58:26 PM
Prior to his suspension?

what suspension
The shoulder on the Monaghan player, when he threw the dummy tit out again.

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on July 14, 2023, 05:59:07 PM
You need a lot of luck going for you and I don't think we've had the rub of the green at times, Armagh have had some bad injuries in key positions that effected us more than other teams with stronger panels. I know every team gets injuries and that's just reality but larger teams with stronger squads cope better than the Armaghs and Monaghans of this world. I would like to see him give it one more year with maybe a change in backroom team and hope next year he has a full deck to play with and get that wee bit of luck to get us over the line in tight games.

If Oisin O'Neill's injury had been correctly diagnosed then he would have been back this year and it isn't a major stretch to see that giving Armagh one extra point against Derry or Monaghan. We'll see today about Kerry and Dublin, but there isn't a whole pile between Derry, Monaghan, Galway and Mayo and small things make a difference. One injury to Clifford would make a big difference to Kerry and modern Dublin have afew players they could not do without either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Quote from: An Watcher on July 14, 2023, 06:25:21 PM
Certainly got the rub of the green in their ulster championship draw.  Certainly got the rub of the green beating galway down there.  Also got a massive slice of luck with that goal against westmeath but yes, Armagh have been real unfortunate this year

Armagh are over performing. They're also the luckiest team around. Armagh fans are and always have been deluded. The county wins virtually nothing at underage yet they expect Ulster and all
Ireland titles.
Please change KMcG. Obscurity for 10 more years awaits.

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2023, 08:12:29 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on July 14, 2023, 06:25:21 PM

Armagh are over performing. They're also the luckiest team around. Armagh fans are and always have been deluded. The county wins virtually nothing at underage yet they expect Ulster and all
Ireland titles.
Please change KMcG. Obscurity for 10 more years awaits.
Come on, try harder. Youse remind me of rangers fans, the similarities are uncanny.

armaghniac

Quote from: general_lee on July 16, 2023, 12:58:39 PM
Come on, try harder. Youse remind me of rangers fans, the similarities are uncanny.

Like rangers fans, but not as intelligent.

SouthDublinBro

At the time you be raging Armagh get beat but when you have time to think about it I think most of Armagh ones forget the pool of players we have available to us and the size of our County. Armagh are one of the smallest Counties in Ireland which approx 50% kicks with the other foot and halve that again for females, if anything I believe we punch consistently above our weight.

How is this an excuse when you were beaten by Monaghan?

armaghniac

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 16, 2023, 03:47:15 PM
At the time you be raging Armagh get beat but when you have time to think about it I think most of Armagh ones forget the pool of players we have available to us and the size of our County. Armagh are one of the smallest Counties in Ireland which approx 50% kicks with the other foot and halve that again for females, if anything I believe we punch consistently above our weight.

How is this an excuse when you were beaten by Monaghan?

When did Monaghan last beat Armagh at Gaelic football? They did marginally win a penalty taking competition.