AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Walter Cronc

Are Armagh still unbeaten if she goes to pens?

rrhf

I'd be very surprised if the Armagh players haven't been practicing their penalties for the weekend..another penalty shoot out defeat and some heartless bastards will be comparing them to the English..

seafoid

Quote from: naka on June 29, 2023, 07:40:55 PM
Can there be penalties this weekend for any game ?
Same as last year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

David McKeown

Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2023, 07:19:13 PM
Why fans from other Counties stick their nose in every now and then into a thread that's nothing to do with their own County only to talk sh1te about not filling grounds and trains etc...get a life. I have seen a few of the ramblings about the trains and I think what a lot of people were getting at is Translink put a lot more Special Trains on for other events and were called out on this but for the GAA they were only offering the one train. If they have put more on then "Bravo". Armagh are no different to any other County...when they're going well you see people going to games that you'd never see at a club game or a County league game...It happens everywhere...just deal with it, no big shock there and the further they go in the competitions the worse it gets. If Armagh are lucky enough to win this weekend i'd imagine that'll be the end of the public sale and it'll be back to the clubs for another crying match from the people who aren't a member of clubs but went to all these games in February... ::)

As for the game...devastated i'm missing it and like David McKeown i'll be in transit on Holiday so won't see it or hear it. I'll have to rely on Twitter for updates...It'll be tight and wouldn't rule out another draw, both teams will be confident of a win and both teams will have their moments it's just who takes their chances. R O'Neill hopefully will deliver a big performance  and if he's tightly marked and doubled up on i hope the Armagh management have the sense to push up more and let the other Armagh forwards do their stuff if Rian is double marked...

Oh theres wifi on my flight just not enough to stream, I should be able to listen along though
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

restorepride

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 29, 2023, 08:17:10 PM
Well that was the case after the Ulster Final so I presume the same 'Armagh rule' as issued by an Armagh poster applies again. Would make sense.

armaghniac

Quote from: David McKeown on June 29, 2023, 09:42:40 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2023, 07:19:13 PM
Why fans from other Counties stick their nose in every now and then into a thread that's nothing to do with their own County only to talk sh1te about not filling grounds and trains etc...get a life. I have seen a few of the ramblings about the trains and I think what a lot of people were getting at is Translink put a lot more Special Trains on for other events and were called out on this but for the GAA they were only offering the one train. If they have put more on then "Bravo". Armagh are no different to any other County...when they're going well you see people going to games that you'd never see at a club game or a County league game...It happens everywhere...just deal with it, no big shock there and the further they go in the competitions the worse it gets. If Armagh are lucky enough to win this weekend i'd imagine that'll be the end of the public sale and it'll be back to the clubs for another crying match from the people who aren't a member of clubs but went to all these games in February... ::)

As for the game...devastated i'm missing it and like David McKeown i'll be in transit on Holiday so won't see it or hear it. I'll have to rely on Twitter for updates...It'll be tight and wouldn't rule out another draw, both teams will be confident of a win and both teams will have their moments it's just who takes their chances. R O'Neill hopefully will deliver a big performance  and if he's tightly marked and doubled up on i hope the Armagh management have the sense to push up more and let the other Armagh forwards do their stuff if Rian is double marked...

Oh theres wifi on my flight just not enough to stream, I should be able to listen along though

In this day and age the flight will likely be late.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Armagh folk (brimming with confidence) do love to natter about trains and planes and this an AIQF discussion.

David McKeown

Quote from: Main Street on June 30, 2023, 01:04:13 AM
Armagh folk (brimming with confidence) do love to natter about trains and planes and this an AIQF discussion.

Au contrare.  I think its obvious we are discussing holiday arrangements as it shows how little confidence we had in Armagh that we made plans for AIQF weekend assuming we wouldnt be involved
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Main Street

Quote from: David McKeown on June 30, 2023, 01:42:44 AM

Au contrare.  I think its obvious we are discussing holiday arrangements as it shows how little confidence we had in Armagh that we made plans for AIQF weekend assuming we wouldnt be involved
Hmmm, it wouldn't be the first time a devout Armagh supporter got their All Ireland calendar out of sync with reality  ;D

naka

Don't think so
Nearly every Armagh fan I know is dreading Monaghan .
Not a sexy tie and it is a 50/50 battle .

statto

Rafferty

Burns
McKay
Forker

C O'Neill
McCabe
Cumiskey

Crealey
Mackin

Duffy
Grugan
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Turbitt

Subs: Magill(GK)
McElroy
Hall
Kieran
Conaty
McPartlan
McCambridge
McQuillan
Og Burns
Connaire Mackin
Kelly

Higgins must be injured as played well the last day him and Morgan out leaves us a bit light in defence with McCambridge the only real stopper. 

Cumiskey ahead of Og Burns is a surprise too as Cumiskey has generally operated in half forward line and Croke Park would suit JOB athletisism. 

Thought Hall may have been drafted in to track O'Connell or McCarthy the forwards selected would indicate Armagh are keen to play game on own terms.

Good to see T Kelly back in the panel if fit and well could make a good impact from bench.   

mackers

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 29, 2023, 08:17:10 PM
No, we were beaten by Tyrone.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

armaghniac

Quote from: David McKeown on June 30, 2023, 01:42:44 AM

Unless you had the Tony Fearon approach to dates.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B