FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Some day we will comfortably beat a team 3 or 4 nil.  Hate this sittin on the edge of our seats again.

Captain Obvious

tyroneman

Embarrassing. The 11 on the pitch should hang their heads.

shark

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 09, 2016, 08:41:51 PM
Level with Moldova... embarrassing.

Drawing after 90 minutes would be embarrassing, and that could happen. But it's a little early to get embarrassed right now.

An Watcher

Happy days, goal apart long has been very poor. 

laoislad

That will do. Another 3 points.Austria away next.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

Actually impressive from the team that they didn't panic

SHEEDY

Performances haven't been great but 7 points out of 9 is a decent start. Austria away next will be tough.
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

O'Dowda made a big difference in giving the team more balance

shifted McClean out right, Walters up front away from the wing where he is muck

clarshack

Team had more energy tonight and very improved from Thurs nite. Austria aren't going great so need to be targeting 3 points over there and not settling for a draw.

An Watcher

Are u serious?
If someone handed me a point now I'd take the arm off them.  It'll b tight but after tonight Austria will b looking a win to get back on track.  Have to make the Austrians favourites but if we could nick a point they're really struggling to win the group.

imtommygunn

That was a frustrating game. McClean came good in the end but that fella never looks up - never!

After Long went off we started playing the ball through midfield. Until then it was long ball after long ball. I don't think it was long's fault but i think like someone said O'Dowd gave us a better shape.

Walters has looked unfit the last 2 games but he was effective up front when moved there. It will hopefully inspire the managers to play 2 up sometimes.

Definitely lots to improve on but Hendrick and Brady to come back should help a lot. Austria will reckon they can beat us but I think we should look to beat them too. This is going to be one tight group and the Austria game is a game where 3 games would be massive in qualification if we could get it.

screenexile

Unreal the amount of people criticising a team that's won their last 2 matches, not just here but all over the place!! Are Republic supposed to be the new Spain or something? What exactly are people looking for?!!

It's getting Fearonesque at this stage!!

Maroon Manc

I think we'd all have taken 7 points from the first 3 games. Looks like its going to be a really tight group with the top 4 all taking points from each other, Wales dropping points yesterday is a huge bonus. Win all the home games and pick up a point away from either Austria or Wales and I'd say Ireland will top the group.

keepherlit

Can't understand how James McCarthy keeps his place in the team, the man offers nothing.