Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ON THE HILL

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 09, 2017, 05:24:19 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 09, 2017, 03:50:30 PM
So why can't an outside manager do it for expenses only? Is all about the honey

I think there are some guys in it for the cash - I know what people mean when they talk about the managerial merry go round and that some managers are at a new club every year. I know one ex manager who left a club in a relegation dog fight to go to Australia after he pocketed X amount of money, I mean that's disgraceful - that kind of thing cannot be tolerated and I think the same guy has never been near a club, certainly in Tyrone since quite rightly.

People have mentioned Slaughtneil - Moran is an outside manager, he also doesn't take a penny. Brian McEniff was the same at a lot of clubs and I too think Brian McIver - I know these guys aren't exactly poor, but there are top level managers out there who just love the challenge.

I do advocate outside managers, but clubs must be smart - they cannot just take the 6th person down the list - they need to search out new talent, guys who want to make an impression at club level and aren't looking to take the club for a ride. If they are in your own club, absolutely brilliant - give them a shot. If not, you have to go outside. Management, like playing....is no longer train twice a week and game Sundays. (Good) Managers need to watch their videos while their players are in the gym, they need to formulate ways to gel the team and drills to put their mark on the team. It's a lot of time and effort....before you get into the personal whatsapps from the reserve centre half forward wondering why he's not getting a start!!!
Mickey Moran and his son Anton getting a ransom of money and them from Maghera? Money men

Mikhailov

I think there are some guys in it for the cash - I know what people mean when they talk about the managerial merry go round and that some managers are at a new club every year. I know one ex manager who left a club in a relegation dog fight to go to Australia after he pocketed X amount of money, I mean that's disgraceful - that kind of thing cannot be tolerated and I think the same guy has never been near a club, certainly in Tyrone since quite rightly.

People have mentioned Slaughtneil - Moran is an outside manager, he also doesn't take a penny. Brian McEniff was the same at a lot of clubs and I too think Brian McIver - I know these guys aren't exactly poor, but there are top level managers out there who just love the challenge.

I do advocate outside managers, but clubs must be smart - they cannot just take the 6th person down the list - they need to search out new talent, guys who want to make an impression at club level and aren't looking to take the club for a ride. If they are in your own club, absolutely brilliant - give them a shot. If not, you have to go outside. Management, like playing....is no longer train twice a week and game Sundays. (Good) Managers need to watch their videos while their players are in the gym, they need to formulate ways to gel the team and drills to put their mark on the team. It's a lot of time and effort....before you get into the personal whatsapps from the reserve centre half forward wondering why he's not getting a start!!!

catch yourself on ye clown....moran lives 3 mile from Slaughtneil and gets paid bucketloads and as for McIvor do you think he is Derry Academy Director (or some similar title) for the good of his health plus driving to Kilcoo during the week for free - you are foolish if you believe these men do it free.

keepherlit

Quote from: tothetop03 on February 09, 2017, 10:44:10 PM
200k to run academy's and tyrone management last year...

Any word how the meeting went in Garvaghey on Monday night?

Bring back club football

So your saying all these men's gettin PAID ?????????????

LeoMc

Quote from: Bring back club football on February 10, 2017, 09:25:44 AM

Is that football only, u-17, u-18, u-21 & senior?
4 panels of 30 players at 50 sessions each would be a food bill north of £50K before gear and transport are added in.

PMG1

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 10, 2017, 08:22:40 AM

catch yourself on ye clown....moran lives 3 mile from Slaughtneil and gets paid bucketloads and as for McIvor do you think he is Derry Academy Director (or some similar title) for the good of his health plus driving to Kilcoo during the week for free - you are foolish if you believe these men do it free.

Brian McIvor doesn't manage Kilcoo!

HealyHellRaiser

Lads, Our county manager is getting paid. What is the big deal about an ordinary man to get paid! Physios get paid, should they be doing it for nothing, wise up and clear your eyes of the dust, I don't see why not but the Dungannon fiasco is not on if that's what its going towards.

longballin

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on February 10, 2017, 02:00:57 PM
Lads, Our county manager is getting paid. What is the big deal about an ordinary man to get paid! Physios get paid, should they be doing it for nothing, wise up and clear your eyes of the dust, I don't see why not but the Dungannon fiasco is not on if that's what its going towards.

the big deal is the pride of the GAA was always the spirit of the volunteer and amateur status but that has been blown apart by a shower of hungry hures using the GAA unashamedly to line their pockets including county managers.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: longballin on February 10, 2017, 02:09:33 PM

the big deal is the pride of the GAA was always the spirit of the volunteer and amateur status but that has been blown apart by a shower of hungry hures using the GAA unashamedly to line their pockets including county managers.

Physio is a profession so cant be compared to a manager.  A paid manager is taking a full time work salary then claiming a tax free salary under the table bleeding clubs.  The county manager I se as a different proposition it could be classed as a full time profession these days with the development/professionalism of the games.  A manager is also a magnet for media scrutiny, he's up there to be shot at by the nation in some cases.  So there are extra pressures with the county post. I don't know if Mickey's salary is disclosed or hidden under some other heading within the accounts. 
Living the dream!!!

youhavenofans

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 10, 2017, 03:13:30 PM

Physio is a profession so cant be compared to a manager.  A paid manager is taking a full time work salary then claiming a tax free salary under the table bleeding clubs.  The county manager I se as a different proposition it could be classed as a full time profession these days with the development/professionalism of the games.  A manager is also a magnet for media scrutiny, he's up there to be shot at by the nation in some cases.  So there are extra pressures with the county post. I don't know if Mickey's salary is disclosed or hidden under some other heading within the accounts.

Wouldn't the physio be getting paid in cash by the clubs?

Keyboard Warrior

Dom Corrigan would be a man for taking the bare minimum of expenses.

Mikhailov

Quote from: PMG1 on February 10, 2017, 01:59:35 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 10, 2017, 08:22:40 AM

Brian McIvor doesn't manage Kilcoo!

I Never said he managed Kilcoo - where did I say that. He goes to Kilcoo on an advisory basis and is there most weeks for 1 night over a whole season

Bring back club football

Quote from: LeoMc on February 10, 2017, 10:46:24 AM
Quote from: Bring back club football on February 10, 2017, 09:25:44 AM

Is that football only, u-17, u-18, u-21 & senior?
4 panels of 30 players at 50 sessions each would be a food bill north of £50K before gear and transport are added in.

U17 team doing 50 sessions a year !!!

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 10, 2017, 03:13:30 PM

Right So

Doe this mean it's ok for the county senior manager to be paid then???????

Club boi

Lads the days of GAA and it's Amateur status is all gone bar the title