Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepherlit

Quote from: leenie on November 03, 2016, 01:30:07 PM
I see kilcoo have opted out of playing their league final in order to save players for championship, dunno if I'd not be too happy if K.C ( as co champs, only 4th in league) done that, I think it makes a mockery of the league.. In down I'm sure there was many castledawson players up for playing them and winning and now it looks as if kilcoo handed them it

To be fair I think Kilcoo 100% right. If KC were given 2 days notice of a league final a week before their Ulster Semi with Slaughtneil I'm sure they'd do the same.

Onthe40

Completely agree...why give up a county title (league) just to fulfill a fixture and roll out a reserve team. Kilcoo shouldnt be penalised for their success.
Im guessing it will be refixed, but then puts Castlewellan at a disadvantage, having to hang around for weeks.

longballin

League should be given to team with most points... play-offs make a cod of it. Probably to bring in more money

Mikhailov

Quote from: leenie on November 03, 2016, 01:30:07 PM
I see kilcoo have opted out of playing their league final in order to save players for championship, dunno if I'd not be too happy if K.C ( as co champs, only 4th in league) done that, I think it makes a mockery of the league.. In down I'm sure there was many castledawson players up for playing them and winning and now it looks as if kilcoo handed them it

Don't think Castledawson would fancy their chances against Kilcoo any day of the week but Castlewellan certainly do - however, I back Kilcoo strongly on this. 2 days notice for a league final is ridiculous......surely Castlewellan will back them as well considering it could well be them in that position in the years to come.

leenie

Fixtures are a joke

So what's the point in league , not every club has the players / members / population etc to be county champs..

Agree about playoffs .. hate them
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Man Marker

Lads if you think our CB is bad, it's nothing compared to Downs, two days notice for a league final, a CB who sacked a manager who got them promoted and they haven't won a game since. Punt your lucky blessings we have Roisin.

Ty4Sam

Agree, do away with the play-offs. Matches towards bottom of Division 1 will be interesting this week. Fancy EC to beat Strabane handy enough, a few Augher lads running around Belfast saying Ardboe are giving them a point at least, do Eglish have McKenna playing this week v Dromore? If thats the case Augher safe, Strabane v Eglish in relegation play off. Top 4 will be Coalisland, Dromore, Omagh & KC.

leenie

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 03, 2016, 02:58:01 PM
Agree, do away with the play-offs. Matches towards bottom of Division 1 will be interesting this week. Fancy EC to beat Strabane handy enough, a few Augher lads running around Belfast saying Ardboe are giving them a point at least, do Eglish have McKenna playing this week v Dromore? If thats the case Augher safe, Strabane v Eglish in relegation play off. Top 4 will be Coalisland, Dromore, Omagh & KC.

Some post for a newbie , can't stop laughing .. 

P.s tell them lads to stop running and conserve their energy

Ty4Sam

?? I must be missing something or you're very easily amused.

skeog

Strabane will be motivated to remain senior, E.C. nothing to play for fancy the Sigersons to survive.

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: leenie on November 03, 2016, 03:18:36 PM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 03, 2016, 02:58:01 PM

Some post for a newbie , can't stop laughing .. 

P.s tell them lads to stop running and conserve their energy

One thing for sure he has got the top 4 right. 

Ty4Sam

Quote from: skeog on November 03, 2016, 03:28:15 PM
Strabane will be motivated to remain senior, E.C. nothing to play for fancy the Sigersons to survive.

Probably Sigersons only hope but EC not showing any signs of taking their foot of the gas.

Any news on new managers for next year, bar the Clonoe circus?

leenie

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 03, 2016, 03:26:41 PM
?? I must be missing something or you're very easily amused.

Actually I am wile easily amused ... And i wish I had your knowledge

Ty4Sam

What are you talking about?? You've completely lost me, my knowledge???

leenie

Not knowledge your sources ...
( regarding arboe/Augher)