Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterback

Quote from: driveherin on July 25, 2016, 04:00:22 PM
Did the galbally linesman ("tr**p" as someone else eluded to) injure penrose???

This is incorrect.  The galbally selector went over to pick Penrose up from the ground - Penrose in turn Punched the selector in the face - to which he returned the favour.  End off - Get over it there was much more cynical stuff going on within the game itself.  Its not in carmens culture to complain about a bit of slapping.

Boghopper

Correction

(d) D isruptive Conduct at Games by Players, Team
Officials or Supporters, which occur on or in
the vicinity of the Field of Play and which occur
immediately before, during or after a Game:
(1) Premature Termination of a Game-
By reason of Serious Disruption by Players,
Officials or Supporters of a Team.
Penalties:
Team – Forfeiture of the Game and Award to
the Opposing Team (unless both Teams are
responsible), save where there are exceptional
mitigating factors involved.

Tyrone Gaa

All down to the referee's report then boghopper.  Video evidence may be called upon.  These days I'm sure both clubs will have videos.  Wonder will there be any editing or lost tapes tonight
Living the dream!!!

Cruiser

Ardboe management would need to take a serious look at themselves after their behaviour yesterday.  Compared to the behaviour of the Omagh mentors, the Ardboe management were bang out of order

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Boghopper on July 25, 2016, 04:26:08 PM
Correction

(d) D isruptive Conduct at Games by Players, Team
Officials or Supporters, which occur on or in
the vicinity of the Field of Play and which occur
immediately before, during or after a Game:
(1) Premature Termination of a Game-
By reason of Serious Disruption by Players,
Officials or Supporters of a Team.
Penalties:

Team – Forfeiture of the Game and Award to
the Opposing Team (unless both Teams are
responsible), save where there are exceptional
mitigating factors involved.

Looks like a replay then unfortunately for us!!

Boghopper

It will hinge on referee's report indeed. Video evidence could be used its likely to be poor though. Medical evidence may also be used.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Cruiser on July 25, 2016, 04:32:33 PM
Ardboe management would need to take a serious look at themselves after their behaviour yesterday.  Compared to the behaviour of the Omagh mentors, the Ardboe management were bang out of order
Cruiser I cannot accept what you are saying about the Ardboe management ! We played them in Ardboe earlier in the year and I found them to be 3 very likeable characters and I ll admit the referee didn't give them a like that particular day !! The hospitality we received was second to none so i can't see where they would suddenly turn Turk in Omagh !I hear yous tried to scare an ardboe mentor in the tunnel but he was having none of it !

Jeremiah O

I thought our management behaved impeccably yesterday.
Unconquered and unconquerable

The Golden Years

Quote from: Quarterback on July 25, 2016, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: driveherin on July 25, 2016, 04:00:22 PM
Did the galbally linesman ("tr**p" as someone else eluded to) injure penrose???

This is incorrect.  The galbally selector went over to pick Penrose up from the ground - Penrose in turn Punched the selector in the face - to which he returned the favour.  End off - Get over it there was much more cynical stuff going on within the game itself.  Its not in carmens culture to complain about a bit of slapping.

This is incorrect. Marty penrose was on d floor because he was punched in the face by galballys full back.while on the ground the galbally selector came over to pull him up (not in a sporting way may I add) Marty used his arm to push him away. At this point the galbally selector reached down and punch Marty on the ground. To me there is nothing n a game that can happen that is as cynical or dirty as this. If my memory is also correct the same selector when playing way of dealing with a young up and coming carrickmore player who was roasting him was to hit him a punch in the face of the ball, leaving the lad requiring stitches to below the eye. A scare he carries around with him to this day. As they say' a leopard doesn't change his spots'

In hiding

Quote from: Jeremiah O on July 25, 2016, 06:24:05 PM
I thought our management behaved impeccably yesterday.
Therein lies the problem.
When players have problems with each other things get sorted fairly easily. When linesmen, umpires or mentors decide to get involved then players really lose the plot and rightly so.
For Jeremiah/Uncle Kev/Sunny Day and the rest of the split personalities to think its ok for management to come onto the field and throw punches then we're all in trouble.
If Ardboe get to the championship quarters against Dromore (no disrespect intended to Dromores 1st round opponents) i image they'll show the same kind of heart they showed in last years game.

Jeremiah O

Some carry on the Omagh officials were at after the game.Serious verbal abuse of the match official and then targeting an Ardboe official in the tunnel.Shouldn't be surprised though,sure it's not that long ago that a Cookstown Fr Rocks juvenille was assaulted in the tunnel by the Omagh men.It's time the county board dealt with Omagh,this can't continue.
I hope Omagh themselves sort out that umpire at the bottom goals.A boy like that shouldn't be let near a football field.Instead of yapping about Ardboe get your own house in order first

In hiding

Quote from: Jeremiah O on July 25, 2016, 09:03:24 PM
Some carry on the Omagh officials were at after the game.Serious verbal abuse of the match official and then targeting an Ardboe official in the tunnel.Shouldn't be surprised though,sure it's not that long ago that a Cookstown Fr Rocks juvenille was assaulted in the tunnel by the Omagh men.It's time the county board dealt with Omagh,this can't continue.
I hope Omagh themselves sort out that umpire at the bottom goals.A boy like that shouldn't be let near a football field.Instead of yapping about Ardboe get your own house in order first
lol what a statement from an Ardboe man, serious abuse of a match official. You lads are well known for the respect yous show to officials, county board or otherwise.
Credit where it is due however to your wee baldy lad on the line. He coulda picked a smaller man to receive a box in the jaw from  ;)
Anyways, not much actually happened so i'll bring this conversation to an end... (i bet its not though)

Jeremiah O

So you're giving out about Ardboe behaviour but revelling in the fact that our manager got struck.Trying to figure that one out!!!
Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season and sure we'll look forward to giving you boys a nice Loughshore welcome again next season.

In hiding

Quote from: Jeremiah O on July 25, 2016, 09:29:09 PM
So you're giving out about Ardboe behaviour but revelling in the fact that our manager got struck.Trying to figure that one out!!!
Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season and sure we'll look forward to giving you boys a nice Loughshore welcome again next season.
see you then...
We'll hardly see yous in the championship though  8)

Jeremiah O

Can't see it,fancy the Rahillys myself.