Previous topic - Next topic

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: driveherin on July 25, 2016, 09:44:34 AM
Ardboe and Omagh Kilt other
Dromore and Clonoe Kilt other
Pomeroy and Derrytresk Kilt other
Galbally and Carmen Kilt other

according to the above.....

Roisin Jordan will be busy this Thursday night ;);)
[/quote

Derrytresk and Pomeroy didn't kill each other. Not one player laid a hand on the other. Don't try to blow it out of all proportion.

winghalfback

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on July 25, 2016, 10:39:47 AM
Quote from: driveherin on July 25, 2016, 09:44:34 AM
Ardboe and Omagh Kilt other
Dromore and Clonoe Kilt other
Pomeroy and Derrytresk Kilt other
Galbally and Carmen Kilt other

according to the above.....

Roisin Jordan will be busy this Thursday night ;);)
[/quote

Derrytresk and Pomeroy didn't kill each other. Not one player laid a hand on the other. Don't try to blow it out of all proportion.

What happened in Clonoe game these 2 sides have a history with each other. The other games seem to have Been big pile of handbags

Boghopper

Derrytresk and Pomeroy didn't kill each other it was a clean game. With approximately 27/28 minutes played when Pomeroy were 5/6 up some lunatic from Pomeroy jumped the fence and assaulted the linesman who was a Derrytresk member. The man in question has a fractured eye socket.  I am at a loss for the motive as the man who was assaulted is one of the most civil people you could meet, Pomeroy were also in a comfortable position with the game almost over. The referee subsequently abandoned the game and it'll be up to the CCC to refix the game no doubt. I would imagine the Pomeroy Players Management and Executive will be furious with the individual in question. I would also imagine that the CCC will take a very dim view of a match official being assaulted.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Boghopper on July 25, 2016, 11:40:51 AM
Derrytresk and Pomeroy didn't kill each other it was a clean game. With approximately 27/28 minutes played when Pomeroy were 5/6 up some lunatic from Pomeroy jumped the fence and assaulted the linesman who was a Derrytresk member. The man in question has a fractured eye socket.  I am at a loss for the motive as the man who was assaulted is one of the most civil people you could meet, Pomeroy were also in a comfortable position with the game almost over. The referee subsequently abandoned the game and it'll be up to the CCC to refix the game no doubt. I would imagine the Pomeroy Players Management and Executive will be furious with the individual in question. I would also imagine that the CCC will take a very dim view of a match official being assaulted.

Come on now, get you're facts right. The spectator was assaulted by the linesman in the first instance. He was merely defending himself. Pomeroy were leading 1-13 to 9 points with 1 minute of normal time remaining. There was no chance of a Derrytresk revival.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on July 25, 2016, 12:33:57 PM
Quote from: Boghopper on July 25, 2016, 11:40:51 AM

Come on now, get you're facts right. The spectator was assaulted by the linesman in the first instance. He was merely defending himself. Pomeroy were leading 1-13 to 9 points with 1 minute of normal time remaining. There was no chance of a Derrytresk revival.

Has to be a replay no matter the margin.

Boghopper

No one said that there was a Derrytresk revival. Its well accepted Pomeroy were in the ascendancy. I would be very careful about making allegations without any medical evidence to support them. There is a man receiving surgery today having sustained a fracture of the eye socket. The fact is a Pomeroy supporter cleared the fence ran towards the linesman (who never saw it coming) and hit him from the side. The man then  tried to defend himself and slipped on the wet ground. From what I heard the person who cleared the fence had engaged in a verbal's with the linesman and was told to shut the fcuk up. If the Pomeroy supporter was assaulted what are his injuries? I have also heard on good authority the individual is not particularly well thought of in Pomeroy. His actions have cost his team 2 league points, he will receive a hefty suspension and some sort of penalty will be meted  out to his club. So if Pomeroy are aggrieved at what happened yesterday then then they have their supporter to thank.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Boghopper on July 25, 2016, 02:23:16 PM
No one said that there was a Derrytresk revival. Its well accepted Pomeroy were in the ascendancy. I would be very careful about making allegations without any medical evidence to support them. There is a man receiving surgery today having sustained a fracture of the eye socket. The fact is a Pomeroy supporter cleared the fence ran towards the linesman (who never saw it coming) and hit him from the side. The man then  tried to defend himself and slipped on the wet ground. From what I heard the person who cleared the fence had engaged in a verbal's with the linesman and was told to shut the fcuk up. If the Pomeroy supporter was assaulted what are his injuries? I have also heard on good authority the individual is not particularly well thought of in Pomeroy. His actions have cost his team 2 league points, he will receive a hefty suspension and some sort of penalty will be meted  out to his club. So if Pomeroy are aggrieved at what happened yesterday then then they have their supporter to thank.

I'm not making allegations, I'm stating facts. The linesman approached the fella in question and assaulted him. If there are to be repercussions, surely Derrytresk will be met with similar penalties as the linesman instigated the altercation. In no way am I condoning what happened but assaulting someone doesn't necessarily result in visible injuries. In fact in no way did this altercation suit Pomeroy as the game was over as a contest. These sort of occurrences seem to follow Derrytresk for some reason.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on July 25, 2016, 02:50:45 PM

I'm not making allegations, I'm stating facts. The linesman approached the fella in question and assaulted him. If there are to be repercussions, surely Derrytresk will be met with similar penalties as the linesman instigated the altercation. In no way am I condoning what happened but assaulting someone doesn't necessarily result in visible injuries. In fact in no way did this altercation suit Pomeroy as the game was over as a contest. These sort of occurrences seem to follow Derrytresk for some reason.

Is the Pomeroy man in question a current player who is serving a suspension?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Boghopper

He's not a player the Pomeroy players are blameless.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Tommo2 on July 24, 2016, 08:58:34 PM
Some result today for Galbally away to carrickmore. Still think carrickmore will be difficult, come championship time. Are they missing players at the moment?

By the way, did all the Tyrone players come through the games today injury free?
Be hard to beat in the championship surely. Carrickmores history speaks for itself. I'm sure Omagh and Clonoe aren't looking forward to meeting Carrickmore in the quarter finals. Regardless of their league form, Carrickmore come good in the championship and they have plenty of the teams below them to play in the league yet.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 25, 2016, 03:10:57 PM
Some result today for Galbally away to carrickmore. Still think carrickmore will be difficult, come championship time. Are they missing players at the moment?

By the way, did all the Tyrone players come through the games today injury free?
Be hard to beat in the championship surely. Carrickmores history speaks for itself. I'm sure Omagh and Clonoe aren't looking forward to meeting Carrickmore in the quarter finals. Regardless of their league form, Carrickmore come good in the championship and they have plenty of the teams below them to play in the league yet.

Not many teams in the league below us at the minute. Good to see you totally ruling your own club there in the championship 😏

supersarsfields

Quote from: Up The Middle on July 25, 2016, 03:00:39 PM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on July 25, 2016, 02:50:45 PM

Is the Pomeroy man in question a current player who is serving a suspension?

Is there not a rule where by if a game is abandoned after a certain % played the result stands? Or is this just my imagination?

Quarterback

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 25, 2016, 03:10:57 PM

Carmen certainly have went downhill slightly but are still a very hard nut to crack.  Galbally went point for point with them and probably had more in the legs coming into the last 10 mins.  The loss of penrose was crucial as Daly missed a few easy opportunities from frees towards the end.

Boghopper

Category IVa
Any type of assault on a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or
Sideline Official.
Penalties:
(1) Minimum: 48 weeks Suspension, with offender's
Team liable to Disqualification, where
appropriate;

driveherin

Did the galbally linesman ("tr**p" as someone else eluded to) injure penrose???