Captain Kennedy New Single Out 5th April

Started by The Gs Man, April 05, 2010, 01:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Stretch that Penny / Sweetest Friend

Ahead of their debut album hitting the shops in early summer 2010, Captain Kennedy will be releasing a download only, double A-side of Stretch That Penny / Sweetest Friend.  The single will be available for download from iTunes, Amazon and other online retailers from TODAY, 5th April 2010.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN/PURCHASE

Stretch That Penny, powered by fiddle and gin-soaked piano, has already been featured as part of the BBC's Raw Money campaign, providing sound advice for hard times.

Sweetest Friend
, often regarded as the band's signature tune and a firm favourite with Captain Kennedy fans, has been given a new lease of life with this release.  Often described as a heartfelt and poignant ballad, Ciaran Lavery's gravel infused vocals ensure the song keeps its rawness and spontaneity.

BIOGRAPHY

Captain Kennedy are a 7-piece band from Northern Ireland.  2009 saw the band establish their position on the Irish music scene with a number of high profile festival appearances, the highlight being two dates at the prestigious Open House Festival.  Other impressive gigs including sharing the stage with the likes of Alela Diane, Noah and the Whale and Foy Vance and appearances on the same festival bills as renowned artists such as Steve Earle, Mumford and Sons and Laura Marling, have cemented Captain Kennedy's reputation as a formidable live act.

2010 sees the band release their debut album "See You When I See You".  The album, produced, recorded and mixed by well renowned producer Mudd Wallace (Therapy?, Andy White, Pat McManus), sees the band play on their strengths, namely the ability to deliver a catchy, melodic tune whilst maintaining their edgy, raw sound, an enduring feature of Captain Kennedy's live shows.

We will be playing an acoustic session on tonight's ATL programme to mark the release, so tune in between 8pm and 10pm, 94.5 on your FM dial!

That is all........ :P
Keep 'er lit

Main Street

Well done and good luck.

What is meant by  "powered by a gin-soaked piano"?

The Gs Man

It's a style of piano playing.  Bluesy, like Howlin' Wolf, Tom Waits kinda sound about it.

Plenty of plinkity plonk.... :P
Keep 'er lit

rosnarun

are you in some kind of a band?
you should have mentioned it before....
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Shamrock Shore

Good luck with that.

Remember well a day spent cutting a demo one Sat as part of 'Under the Wobbly Ashtray' whose manager was one Billys Boots in 1988.

We never made it but we have some feathers in cap like playing The Baggott Inn, The Underground, having a support act once (TD Terrorist), mention in Hot Press........

pintsofguinness

I'll wait until it's on pirate bay gs man.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Gs Man

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 05, 2010, 10:29:03 PM
Good luck with that.

Remember well a day spent cutting a demo one Sat as part of 'Under the Wobbly Ashtray' whose manager was one Billys Boots in 1988.

We never made it but we have some feathers in cap like playing The Baggott Inn, The Underground, having a support act once (TD Terrorist), mention in Hot Press........

Under the Wobbly Ashtray!!  Class name.

Although not quite as class as a band from Belfast called Jimmy Floyd and the Hasslebainks.
Keep 'er lit

Shamrock Shore

QuoteUnder the Wobbly Ashtray!!  Class name

Perhaps - but we only came second in the 1988 Hot Press Whacky Band Name competition. The results were:

1. Fergal is the Applejack
2. Under the Wobbly Ashtray
3. The Garden hasn't changed much

Ah - dem were the days. Then I got boring, came off the class A and became an accountant.

J OGorman

First class sir. The very best of luck with the single and album. Have ye contacted Glasgowbury and Sea Sessions for potential festival gigs?

The Gs Man

Glasgowbury submission is in....however, we played a dozen or so festivals last year, TV appearances etc. and still didn't get a look-in for Glasgowbury....so we'll see!
Keep 'er lit

Orior

What if one doesnt have iTunes, and cant download it onto a work PC?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

Then one probably should be listening to one's Daniel O'Donnell cassettes instead.

DirtyDozen12

What was the name of the song that was played on BBC Radio Ulster last night at approx 2115hrs G Mans?  I liked the sound of it but never caught the track name?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

The Gs Man

That would be "Suppertime".  It's on the new album.

Should be up on the BBC iPlayer Listen again thing.

Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2010, 11:43:52 PM
What if one doesnt have iTunes, and cant download it onto a work PC?

Send me a message with your email address!
Keep 'er lit