Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

The politics off Mayo football make me sick

Jinxy

Quote from: shark on September 14, 2018, 04:06:39 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 14, 2018, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: shark on September 14, 2018, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 14, 2018, 02:23:04 PM
It's defintiely no stretch. Sure didn't Kimmage savage the chairman of that Dublin club for a similar statement against an individual. If I was Leahy I'd lawyer up to f**k, it's a measure of respect that he hasn't done so.

Apparently Newstalk have contacted him and apologised for the language used by their guest.

Where did you hear this?
If I was Leahy, I'd demand that they make a very public announcement on the evening show as a lot of people heard that interview with Cora.

https://twitter.com/Woolberto/status/1040585681989496832

How does he know?
I assumed they'd revealed it on air this morning.
A private apology is not much use to him on its own.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

whitey

Quote from: iorras on September 14, 2018, 03:19:45 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 14, 2018, 03:06:50 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on September 14, 2018, 10:37:00 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 13, 2018, 02:40:52 PM
It's an absolute disgrace that these women have put something out there that has lead to all sorts of nudge-nudge, no-smoke-without-fire etc. type rumours.

I haven't heard any rumours but to refer to "an unsafe environment" does suggest something of a sexual nature.

Time for Cora and Co to be damn specific on what the feck thay are referring to.

If I was Leahy I would contact a solicitor to start the slander process

Really, a bit of a stretch of the imagination !

Is it? What else could "unsafe environment" allude to in this day and age. Before all the scandals in swimming and UK football and our old friend Tom Humphries we could have said, well, exposed wires in the dressing room or the minbus is too full on the way to matches. Now to me it would suggest that there are young girls on the panel are getting inappropriate texts from management or worse. Maybe, being well over 40+VAT, I am getting auld and cynical........but there ya go.
Spot on. Anyone who says anything else is either being naïve in the extreme or as foolish as the people who have originally said those things in public

I know someone involved in girls/womens football in a Mayo club, and none of the male mentors ever text a female player.......all texts go through a female adult

moysider

Leahy simply has to go the legal route on this imo.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on September 14, 2018, 10:14:30 PM

I think he should hold his station! A bit like he has done up to now. The ball is now in Cora and Carnacons court.

Ironically Cora is releasing her book soon, and she will be in the media promoting it and she is in line for some uncomfortable questions.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2018, 11:33:29 PM

I think he should hold his station! A bit like he has done up to now. The ball is now in Cora and Carnacons court.

Ironically Cora is releasing her book soon, and she will be in the media promoting it and she is in line for some uncomfortable questions.

If they ask them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Sorry but his integrity/ professionalism and more frighteningly his character was called into question on the national airwaves. That could have serious implications for him in a personal capacity through work and family life.

With social media and the internet comments like unsafe environment go around the world in minutes. He has to go the legal route now as neither Cora or the Cornacon team have withdrawn their allegations.

It's easy for a keyboard warrior like yourself to say he should say nothing as you have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind. It's very very different when you have been accused on the national airwaves of frankly dispicable acts without any evidence put forward

Syferus

"The legal route"

This thread has reached peak absurdity I see.

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2018, 01:13:27 AM
"The legal route"

If someone had accused you of creating "an unsafe" environment incorrectly would you not seek for them to retract it??

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on September 15, 2018, 04:33:42 PM
"The legal route"

If someone had accused you of creating "an unsafe" environment incorrectly would you not seek for them to retract it??

It is so incredibly vague I'd like to see how the legal eagles here were going to successfully win a legal case..

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2018, 06:22:32 PM
"The legal route"

It is so incredibly vague I'd like to see how the legal eagles here were going to successfully win a legal case..

Now Syf your track record on legal advise wouldn't be the strongest tbf...
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Syferus

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 15, 2018, 09:21:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2018, 06:22:32 PM
"The legal route"

Now Syf your track record on legal advise wouldn't be the strongest tbf...

..and yet I was absolutely right in my cynicism in that case. Try again.

moysider

It is libellous imo. If Leahy lets it go it will look like he has something to hide. A lot of people still on the side of the players that walked out.

Halfquarter

Quote from: moysider on September 15, 2018, 09:42:34 PM

It is libellous imo. If Leahy lets it go it will look like he has something to hide. A lot of people still on the side of the players that walked out.

Do you mean slanderous ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on September 15, 2018, 01:01:40 AM

Sorry but his integrity/ professionalism and more frighteningly his character was called into question on the national airwaves. That could have serious implications for him in a personal capacity through work and family life.

With social media and the internet comments like unsafe environment go around the world in minutes. He has to go the legal route now as neither Cora or the Cornacon team have withdrawn their allegations.

It's easy for a keyboard warrior like yourself to say he should say nothing as you have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind. It's very very different when you have been accused on the national airwaves of frankly dispicable acts without any evidence put forward

I'm on you side. The smart thing is to wait first. There is no a lot of pressure on Cora and Carnacon. Wait and see if there is an apology. If there is back tracking. Cora is not used to this. No one has ever taken her on before, on or off the pitch.