Wrong priorities

Started by Stall the Bailer, April 07, 2008, 05:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

I was at the Derry Tyrone game at the weekend.
During half time the Ulster council officially switched on the new flood lights.
I was not paying full attention to the speech, but I  heard 10 million being mentioned. I presume that this is the cost in having the 9 county grounds in Ulster flood lit.
I think this stupid. It was a typical Irish Spring night on Saturday, very cold with a chance of showers. Well in Celtic Park like many other grounds we have good lights.
However you have to sit on a cold damp concrete slab with no cover. Would ten million not be better spent on buying plastic seats, or building a stand in each ground that would seat 3-4000 people?

The price of admission has increased over the last few years, but the facilities are still well below acceptable. Clones/Casement, and others, come the summer it will be the same, sitting on a wooden bench or concrete slab (or standing) with most exposed to the great Irish weather. But sure at least we have the lights.

fer fox ache

This time next year there will be a covered stand at the Lone Moor side of the Park

Tankie

Coke Park takes the light off the shambles that is alot of county grounds. and the new ones that get built are way too big with no roof on 70% of the stadium.
Grand Slam Saturday!