Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 11:43:49 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 16, 2018, 11:20:07 PM
I'm curious who the neutrals and anti Tyrone /puke football fans want to win on Saturday.

There seems to be an almost total U turn in the media and in people's attitude about where Tyrone are at.
Last week the focus was on how Monaghan beat us at a canter and how Meath nearly knocked us out. We've no star forwards like Dublin, Kerry or Donegal have yet suddenly after two huge score lines against two 2nd rate teams we are in with a shout again at home to the best team ever.

It's almost England like in the world Cup.

I just hope the home fans play their part on Sat and create a hostile atmosphere for the Dubs.
As you can imagine for us Tyrone fans living in Dublin this is a huge match that I never thought I'd see happening. Dubs in Omagh in July. Crazy stuff 🧐

Not even Donegal supporters were cheering for Tyrone on Saturday. That tells you where neutrals' hold Tyrone.

"The Grudge" is still strong
That was never a square ball!!

Jayop

A lot depends on the ticket allocation. I certainly hope we don't end up with a scenario of more dubs in Omagh than Tyrone fans ala the Mayo/Kildare game where they issued the season tickets then split the remainder evenly with a few on general sale in supervalu/online.

Dublin have around 7500 season ticket holders if you include all the various schemes they run. If Tyrone have around 2000 (guess) and the capacity is 16,500 for this game then you could end up with around 11000 Dubs and 5500 Tyrone fans. That would be complete shite.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 11:43:49 PM
I'm curious who the neutrals and anti Tyrone /puke football fans want to win on Saturday.

There seems to be an almost total U turn in the media and in people's attitude about where Tyrone are at.
Last week the focus was on how Monaghan beat us at a canter and how Meath nearly knocked us out. We've no star forwards like Dublin, Kerry or Donegal have yet suddenly after two huge score lines against two 2nd rate teams we are in with a shout again at home to the best team ever.

It's almost England like in the world Cup.

I just hope the home fans play their part on Sat and create a hostile atmosphere for the Dubs.
As you can imagine for us Tyrone fans living in Dublin this is a huge match that I never thought I'd see happening. Dubs in Omagh in July. Crazy stuff 🧐

Not even Donegal supporters were cheering for Tyrone on Saturday. That tells you where neutrals' hold Tyrone.

Syf, that only makes sense. Surely any Donegal fan with half a brain would be hoping Roscommon won on Saturday past, Dublin beat Tyrone this week, essentially leaving the battle of Ballybofey as a dead rubber. For someone who pontificates on alot of matters, you do spout some unfiltered manure.

You do however seem to have a problem with successful teams, France, Utd, Paddy Jacksons legal team...perhaps you're problem is not being subjective. Just a thought.

trileacman

We're in the exact same place as last year really, I've to laugh at how the press wrote us off after Monaghan and now suddenly we're flavour of the month again. It's a joke, more precisely they're a joke. Dublin would beat us by 6-7 points if we played them in Croker. It's the closest us or any team will get to them.

We'll keep to Dublin for 50 mins, but they'll cut loose in the last 15 to win pulling up. We'll be very lucky to beat Donegal away in the Ballybofey fortress. The reality is none of the teams left would qualify easily by beating Dublin and going to Donegal and winning. That's not poor-mouthing, it's just the truth.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

omaghjoe

Quote from: trileacman on July 17, 2018, 01:02:34 AM
What's McCarron's status? Cruciate?

He looked in alot of pain when it happened and thats what I was thinking originally... but then he didnt seem as bad after a minute or so

omaghjoe

We should use this match as an opportunity to test Dublin's weakness so we know what will work best in the final.

If we beat them its a bonus and we probably will after slipping thru the gears in the final quarter to blow them out of the water but the primary purpose should be reconnaissance.

skeog

Omagh joe wrong go full tilt at them they are vunerable.Be strange for them out of the croker comfort zone. Talking about final is like the lads across the channel before reality hit them.you want to be leaving Healy Park on Saturday having emptied the tank Banty speak.

redzone

Quote from: trileacman on July 17, 2018, 12:32:38 AM
We're in the exact same place as last year really, I've to laugh at how the press wrote us off after Monaghan and now suddenly we're flavour of the month again. It's a joke, more precisely they're a joke. Dublin would beat us by 6-7 points if we played them in Croker. It's the closest us or any team will get to them.

We'll keep to Dublin for 50 mins, but they'll cut loose in the last 15 to win pulling up. We'll be very lucky to beat Donegal away in the Ballybofey fortress. The reality is none of the teams left would qualify easily by beating Dublin and going to Donegal and winning. That's not poor-mouthing, it's just the truth.
LOOKs like there's no point turning up. Thankfully nobody in the squad has that mentality. Every game is winnable if you play 100% to your potential.

Farrandeelin

I have my red hand at the ready...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fuzzman

Good man Farr.
Of course Donegal and Monaghan are gonna be anti Tyrone. We have been their biggest rival for the past 30 years I suppose.

I heard on the radio, what I really feared might happen and that is they reckon the Dubs will outnumber us in our own home ground. If that is the case it is a disgrace. What's the point in us having home advantage if we can't make it count

The excitement here in Dublin among the Dubs fans is unreal. I suppose they are so used to boring games in Croker year after year and rarely get the chance of a decent challenge away from home. When was their last? Was it the Maurice Fitzgerald "sideline kick"game in Thurles in 2001 which in fact wasn't even an away game but a neutral venue?

They love going away to games around the country and I was shocked how many of them travelled to Omagh for the league game this year. The Silver Birches was 90% Dubs.
A taximan I got on Saturday said he's driving up and sleeping in his car overnight.
Lads who I work with who have stopped going to Croker wanna go to this game and I'd say our big wins over Cork and Roscommon have wet their appetite even more.

Personally I think IF and its a HUGE IF we can stop them scoring goals and getting their swagger and get in their faces like we thought we would last year then.

Sallys from 2pm is the place to be I hear.

WT4E

Quote from: Jayop on July 17, 2018, 12:04:40 AM
A lot depends on the ticket allocation. I certainly hope we don't end up with a scenario of more dubs in Omagh than Tyrone fans ala the Mayo/Kildare game where they issued the season tickets then split the remainder evenly with a few on general sale in supervalu/online.

Dublin have around 7500 season ticket holders if you include all the various schemes they run. If Tyrone have around 2000 (guess) and the capacity is 16,500 for this game then you could end up with around 11000 Dubs and 5500 Tyrone fans. That would be complete shite.

My info is Dub Season tickets 3800 and Tyrone is 1200

JoG2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 17, 2018, 08:54:16 AM

I have my red hand at the ready...

With me being a proud Derry man, I'm not sure tbh..am I buck, up Dublin !!! Dub by 8+...serious case of deja vu with the build up last year's game

trileacman

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2018, 11:28:36 AM

taximan I got on Saturday said he's driving up and sleeping in his car overnight.

I hope you called him a miserable ****.

trileacman

Quote from: redzone on July 17, 2018, 06:45:09 AM
Quote from: trileacman on July 17, 2018, 12:32:38 AM

LOOKs like there's no point turning up. Thankfully nobody in the squad has that mentality. Every game is winnable if you play 100% to your potential.

That's the evidence before us. Watched back the match there, Jesus ros defending was pathetic. We actually played much better v Cork than we did against ros. Cork were actually very smart and very fit that day and clung to us for 45 mins. It's poor preparation for a match against Dublin's mean defence who won't give us time on the ball like ros did. It seeps into your subconscious as a forward or player that I can hold onto the ball as long as I want here and take my time to settle for a score, Dublin won't give us that time on the ball.

I watched the two games last week and the piss poor analysis is we were brilliant, Dublin were good enough and Donegal were poor. That's not the truth, Donegal were pretty good but the inexorable pressure Dublin put on their kick outs and on their possession meant their game plan folded. If you watched it properly you'd see Dublin were actually excellent, (uninspiring, predictable and cynical but in terms of game plan execution and winning they were brilliant).

So all I know is Donegal and Tyrone are at about the same level of performance and Dublin are a level ahead of them. Now take into account this weekends game. Tyrone's home record is poor, Dublin have a very good record in Omagh. Also it's looks in terms of fan numbers Tyrone will also be outnumbered on that front too. Dublin come up in the league for a game similar to this one and took the spoils. I've seen no reversal in the two teams form, styles or key personnel to suggest a different outcome in this match.