The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

John Terry in the FIFA team of the year for what I believe is the 5th year in a row.

Also I hear that the 'Make a wish foundation' are preparing a statement that backs up Terry's donation claims.   
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

Some going for JT.

FIFPro team of the year: Casillas; Dani Alves, Evra, Terry, Vidic; Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard; Ronaldo, Messi, Torres.

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 08:55:13 PM
Some going for JT.

FIFPro team of the year: Casillas; Dani Alves, Evra, Terry, Vidic; Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard; Ronaldo, Messi, Torres.

what a shocker vidic included  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ross4life on December 21, 2009, 09:09:20 PM
Some going for JT.

Who said he was a bad player?

TheGreatRambo

Some going for JT.

You know how many of them are in the top 10 of the castrol ranking you were so keen on? 4

Evra ranks at 120th

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 21, 2009, 09:20:29 PM
Some going for JT.

You know how many of them are in the top 10 of the castrol ranking you were so keen on? 4

Evra ranks at 120th

I didn't treat them as the holy grail of player rankings. I just said they were another method, who claimed to be the most complete set of statistics for footballers.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:22:24 PM
Some going for JT.

Evra ranks at 120th

I didn't treat them as the holy grail of player rankings. I just said they were another method, who claimed to be the most complete set of statistics for footballers.

U were a bit keen on them :)

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 21, 2009, 09:23:51 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:22:24 PM
Some going for JT.

Evra ranks at 120th

U were a bit keen on them :)

Ai, whatever you say. Sure I check them every day and im developing an app for the iPhone for it.

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:11:38 PM
Some going for JT.

nope but you did think a certain fulham player was better didn't you?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ross4life on December 21, 2009, 09:33:52 PM
Some going for JT.

Did I? What I was saying was that you were laughing at the fact that a website had the cheek to pick Hangeland over Vidic for the premier league team in 2009 calender year, not the 08/09 season. Vidic has been good for Utd, but over the course of 2009, I thought Hangeland was just as good, including this season when Vidic hasn't been as strong as he has been. That said, Hangeland probably stood out more as he was playing in a weaker defense than Utd's.

But sure you deleted the thread anyway, so who cares.  ;)

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:48:35 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 21, 2009, 09:33:52 PM
Some going for JT.

Did I? What I was saying was that you were laughing at the fact that a website had the cheek to pick Hangeland over Vidic for the premier league team in 2009 calender year, not the 08/09 season. Vidic has been good for Utd, but over the course of 2009, I thought Hangeland was just as good, including this season when Vidic hasn't been as strong as he has been. That said, Hangeland probably stood out more as he was playing in a weaker defense than Utd's.

But sure you deleted the thread anyway, so who cares.  ;)

yep that's my problem there highlighted ;) united without vidic = weaker defense than fulham

you & the papers think's hangeland was better

i bet i could be backed by alot more  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Drogba's last game before Feb on Boxing day and Anelka injured. That leaves Borini and Sturridge up front for Fulham.

Minder

Sturridge looks "a handful", if that isn't too big a cliche.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Usually you'd look at the fixture list a few weeks back, and see today's game as 'three points'. However the Blues are on top form, and not the Cockney version!

I'd love to see the diamond ditched today, but it's not going to happen.

Norf Tyrone

What a 'crazy' season this is sport's fans!

Another frustrating day at the office again today. I can't make up my mind if this was a much better performance, and we (And I'll f**king say we if I want) were unlucky, or if we struggled again. I think the answer lies somewhere in between.

Stats that has us with an amazing 30 shots on target suggests that we pummelled Birmingham, and for parts of the game we did. Also guilty of some terrible misses, Malouda, and Sturridge the obvious ones. However I also thought that we flattered to deceive a wee bit. Lampard continues to misfire, and Drogba has definately lost his touch over the last game or two.

I think if some fancy football scientist runs the game through the computer the problems are obvious- alas not to Ancellotti. Only once did Chelsea get to the bye line, and that was via sub Kalou in or around the 80th minute.

The entire play is being played 15 yards in from each sideline, with the net affect that teams like Birmingham can strangle the play, and people like Lampard have no space to operate. As such despite 30 shots, a lot of them were desperate attempts. Credit to Joe Hart who made 3 or 4 great stops, but he should still have been picking the ball out of the net at some point in the game.

It's the pesky neighbours on Monday, and with the pack now at our heels, a must win.

I'd love to see 4-3-3.

Cech

Ivanovic        Terry        Alex         Ashley

Mikel

Lamps      Ballack

Joe Cole/ Kakuta                  Zhirkov

Drogba