The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2009, 01:14:21 AM

And another thing.... the 'famous atmosphere' was missing on Wednesday too strangely despite Liverpool's recent good form.

A Chelsea fan giving off about Liverpool's atmosphere?  :D Now that's irony.

There was a great atmpsohere on Wednesday, obviously it died down at 3-1 but YNWA still sung at the end. In Stamford Bridge the abuse would have rained down en masse, and the stands would have been empty.

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 09:17:53 AM

And another thing.... the 'famous atmosphere' was missing on Wednesday too strangely despite Liverpool's recent good form.

There was a great atmpsohere on Wednesday, obviously it died down at 3-1 but YNWA still sung at the end. In Stamford Bridge the abuse would have rained down en masse, and the stands would have been empty.

Be some craic if Liverpool fans left the ground every time things were not going their way... It would be like musical chairs :D But of course they don't because they are the best fans in the world ::)... Nothing to do with the fact that they are used to dissapointment and try to cheer themselves up with a pathetic little song that they think is some sort of allegiance but the rest of the league just cringe and have a little snigger ;D

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on April 10, 2009, 09:39:13 AM

Be some craic if Liverpool fans left the ground every time things were not going their way... It would be like musical chairs :D But of course they don't because they are the best fans in the world ::)... Nothing to do with the fact that they are used to dissapointment and try to cheer themselves up with a pathetic little song that they think is some sort of allegiance but the rest of the league just cringe and have a little snigger ;D

You do actaully realise that Liverpool are the most successful team in England don't you?

You can talk about sniggering all you want. Fact is Liverpool players admit to be inspired about it so you can laugh all you want.

The truth is your jealous that Liverpool fans show a bit of support while United fans exit en Masse and get the first flight back to Asia.

EC Unique

When I blow the dust off the old history books I can see that you are certainly right but I stand by my comment that Liverpool fans must be used to dissapointment when you consider that they have only had one significant title in 20 odd years ;)

I know if this was the case at Utd I would be very disappointed... but of course it is not ;D

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on April 10, 2009, 09:56:45 AM
When I blow the dust off the old history books I can see that you are certainly right but I stand by my comment that Liverpool fans must be used to dissapointment when you consider that they have only had one significant title in 20 odd years ;)

I know if this was the case at Utd I would be very disappointed... but of course it is not ;D

So what your saying is 'yes, Liverpool are the most successful team in England'. Apology accepted.

mrsandman

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 09:57:44 AM

So what your saying is 'yes, Liverpool are the most successful team in Europe'. Apology accepted.

Not in the last year, no
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

thebigfella

The truth is your jealous that Liverpool fans show a bit of support while United fans exit en Masse and get the first flight back to Asia.

I assuming your from Liverpool then are have pretty definitive lineage connecting yourself to the city, never mind LFC? If not then what's the difference between that and leaving Anfield and getting on a flight to Dublin or Belfast?

So what your saying is 'yes, Liverpool are the most successful team in Europe'.

If your defining the criteria for being the most successful in England by trophies won and the history books then by the same criteria should apply to Europe.
Real Madrid are therefore the most successful team in Europe.

corn02

Quote from: thebigfella on April 10, 2009, 10:30:45 AM

I assuming your from Liverpool then are have pretty definitive lineage connecting yourself to the city, never mind LFC? If not then what's the difference between that and leaving Anfield and getting on a flight to Dublin or Belfast?

If your defining the criteria for being the most successful in England by trophies won and the history books then by the same criteria should apply to Europe.

Who brought Europe into it?  ;)

As a matter of fact I actually do have relatives from Liverpool.

Anywhoooo, the Asia thing is a joke that gets betted around, don;t let it wind you up as much.

thebigfella

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 10:34:41 AM

Anywhoooo, the Asia thing is a joke that gets betted around, don;t let it wind you up as much.

I seen that quick little edit  :)

It didn't wind me up and anyhow we all know they get on trains and go back to 'that London'.

corn02

Quote from: thebigfella on April 10, 2009, 10:39:16 AM
Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 10:34:41 AM

I seen that quick little edit  :)

It didn't wide me up and anyhow we all know they get on trains and go back to 'that London'.

The edit button is a great thing.

Norf Tyrone

Giving off is the wrong word. However when it's used all the time, 'special European nights', 'that Anfield atmosphere' etc etc it becomes boring. Especially when, from personal experience, it can be a myth at times. On Wednesday before the game, YNWA was blasting out, but the Chelsea fans were coming over loud and clear.

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2009, 11:59:22 AM

Giving off is the wrong word. However when it's used all the time, 'special European nights', 'that Anfield atmosphere' etc etc it becomes boring. Especially when, from personal experience, it can be a myth at times. On Wednesday before the game, YNWA was blasting out, but the Chelsea fans were coming over loud and clear.

Yip, heard them during YNWA. But I think that was down to Chelsea fans being louder than usual at Anfield, don;t think the Pool fans were any less louder.

Very rare you wouldn;t get a boiling atmosphere on a European night, so wouldn't call it a myth.

PL games against smaller teams on the otherhand.....now that's when Anfield really is quiet.

Norf Tyrone

Fair enough.
Haven't been at Anfield on a 'special European night' so can't comment.

magpie seanie

You do get a better atmosphere generally at smaller grounds.