TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbridge Exile

Got " The Shield" Boxset at Christmas, didnt know that much about it to be honest but have really enjoyed the first 2 series , up there with the Wire in my opinion

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on April 10, 2011, 12:33:55 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 10, 2011, 12:05:27 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 10, 2011, 11:35:46 AM
Sons Of Anarchy......well worth a download. 1st two seasons are quality, 3rd isn't all that great...orish accents are terrible, as well as so many other things relating to Ireland. Looking forward to the 4th season though!

Sons of Anarchy is absolute bollox! Incredibly watchable, but bollox!

Still haven't bothered watching the third season - when I heard the club had a "Belfast Chapter" I was tempted to give up.

Its cringe city gallsman....everything about the episodes set in Belfast are a joke. You just have to laugh. Hope season 4 gets back to the basics....mexicans and neo nazis knocking seven shades of sh1te out of each other for some hole in the desert in California! :D

Finally getting around to watching third series, no idea why I'm bothering.

Christ the accents are worse than I imagined! For some reason there appears to me an Afrikaaner PSNI officers. Attacking cops armed with M16s. Absolutely ridiculous.

Don Johnson

Started watching Carnivale, dunno what to make of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniv%C3%A0le

Think I will stick out the first season though just so some things can be resolved.

new devil

Really? Better than the Wire?

new devil

Going to have to get it then because i didn't think anything could come close to the wire...What city is it set in?

Don Johnson

Quote from: Take Your Points on May 04, 2011, 11:49:16 PM
Probably too late with this one but The Killing shown on BBC4 in 20 episodes was excellent.  A Danish production with English subtitles.  It has been produced in US and new series will be available.

Downloaded the first couple of episodes of the American one. It started off well but from what I have read the Danish is much superior, think you can get the Danish one from Amazon for about £30.

AbbeySider

Game of Thrones is getting good.

Orangemac

Anyone watch the new series of Pyschoville on BBC2?

Completely mental show but very watchable.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 05, 2011, 10:56:35 AM
Game of Thrones is getting good.
It was filmed in the nort'. The missus' cousin and a few pupils from her school were extras.

gallsman

Have started watching a comedy called The League. About a group of friends and their fantasy football league.

All NFL fans would probably enjoy it.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on May 08, 2011, 03:52:18 PM
Have started watching a comedy called The League. About a group of friends and their fantasy football league.

Watched it and it's hilarious!! I really like it.

Anyone watching the new Crime Drama on the BBC The Shadow Line??? GREAT cast and a thoroughly engaging show . . . best I've watched in a long long time. Rafe Spall has stolen the show already from the likes of Ecclestone and Steven Rea. It has had so many twists and turns and subplots already I have no idea what is going to happen next. Paddy McGuire even showed up this evening! It's pure class!

As for everyone who usually proclaims "too predictable" on the Movie Recommendations thread I would love to see if anyone can predict how this will pan out!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on May 19, 2011, 10:57:39 PM

Anyone watching the new Crime Drama on the BBC The Shadow Line??? GREAT cast and a thoroughly engaging show . . . best I've watched in a long long time. Rafe Spall has stolen the show already from the likes of Ecclestone and Steven Rea. It has had so many twists and turns and subplots already I have no idea what is going to happen next. Paddy McGuire even showed up this evening! It's pure class!

As for everyone who usually proclaims "too predictable" on the Movie Recommendations thread I would love to see if anyone can predict how this will pan out!!
Been watching The Shadow Line and it's a good show. Rafe Spall's character talks like one of  David Walliams' creations from Little Britain. Hope the missus recorded it tonight!

AFS

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 05, 2011, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: Take Your Points on May 04, 2011, 11:49:16 PM
Probably too late with this one but The Killing shown on BBC4 in 20 episodes was excellent.  A Danish production with English subtitles.  It has been produced in US and new series will be available.

Downloaded the first couple of episodes of the American one. It started off well but from what I have read the Danish is much superior, think you can get the Danish one from Amazon for about £30.

Half way through season one of the Danish version. Brilliant stuff.

It can be found here, if you're into this kind of thing.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2011, 11:06:24 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 19, 2011, 10:57:39 PM

Been watching The Shadow Line and it's a good show. Rafe Spall's character talks like one of  David Walliams' creations from Little Britain. Hope the missus recorded it tonight!

That's a bit creepy Tony . . . as soon as my Dad heard your man he just said "Computer says nooooooo"

Tony Baloney

When he was chatting to the pregnant woman in her hallway last week you could feel the tension in our living room. He's one creepy character - well played by your man although I had to laugh at him trying to run in those skinny jeans last week!  :D