TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on January 02, 2018, 10:22:14 AM
McMafia anybody? Not too impressed so far. Boilerplate plot, unsympathetic characters, the lead character has the personality of a suck calf and the actor has the range of expression of a bench. We'll give it another episode, maybe.
Didn't see it but someone I know said it was generic oul shite.

Minder

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Gomorrah lads! Amazing show. On episode 6 of Season 3 and it's excellent once again.

What are you watching it on Jim?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bennydorano

Watched a show called Search Party, a US indie comedy with up their own ass Girls type humour and traits, found it very very funny at times.

JimStynes

Quote from: lurganblue on January 02, 2018, 10:17:22 AM
Gomorrah lads! Amazing show. On episode 6 of Season 3 and it's excellent once again.

I tried watching this about a year ago and always struggled to find the right streams. wish it was on netflix.

I think the first season is on Amazon Prime for anyone that has that. And the rest of it I am watching on Terrarium TV app on my fire stick. It is honestly the best show I have watched.

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2018, 01:07:57 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 02, 2018, 10:17:22 AM

I tried watching this about a year ago and always struggled to find the right streams. wish it was on netflix.

I think the first season is on Amazon Prime for anyone that has that. And the rest of it I am watching on Terrarium TV app on my fire stick. It is honestly the best show I have watched.

First 2 seasons on Sky Box Sets and the 3rd is due on Sky Atlantic soon I think.

bennydorano

See Will & Grace back on Channel 5. Always loved it.

An Watcher

Love Gomorrah too but didn't think season 3 was out for a while.  Any idea when it is on Netflix or sky Atlantic or anywhere else for that matter

JimStynes

End of the month on Sky Atlantic I heard. Season 3 is available online and the reddit Gomorrah page is quite good. I have just finished season 3! Serious tension in the last few episodes and gutted with the ending! Can't wait for season 4 already. I think I am going to have watch it from the start again.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2018, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 13, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Dexter any good ?
Brilliant

Is there a storyline or is it one of those shows that you can turn on at any stage and watch away at it?

Newbridge Exile

Anyone watching McMafia ?  three episodes in and its very enjoyable , the guy from the Bourne films is really good in it .

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 13, 2018, 08:54:43 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2018, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 13, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Dexter any good ?
Brilliant

Is there a storyline or is it one of those shows that you can turn on at any stage and watch away at it?

Its a great show. Each season has a story running through it. You'd needy start from the start

JoG2

Dark: German TV show. Have watched ep1, very good with bucket loads of potential

nrico2006

Dexter builds from the start. As good a show as i have watched. Dexter is my favourite character from any show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'