TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 19, 2012, 02:32:01 PM
Ah here, I thought Killing II was excellent, every bit as good as the first series, and probably better.  I do think the third series is better again, but don't be dissing the second series.
Not dissing as such, 3rd place is respectable considering the standard.
I'm not into these 'sporting' dead heats  :)

'IMO',  goes without saying. 

screenexile

Quote from: Canalman on November 19, 2012, 02:41:08 PM
Caught up with an excellent documentary last night from BBC4 about the rivalry between Harold Wilson and Ted Heath in the 1960s/1970s. Knew very little about them which made it even better, the Canadians on the board here could do worse than watch it on BBCplayer.

Started Lillehammer last night. Lighthearted  (though not a comedy as such )enough show from what I saw............ enjoyable enough also. Elements of Killinaskully, Heartbeat, My Blue Heaven and that tv show from the 90s where the Jewish doctor goes to live in Alaska  all mixed in.

Northern Exposure . . .great show!

Kilnascully & Heartbeat not so much.

Tony Baloney

Bradley Wiggins - A Year in Yellow is good.

Shane Sutton is a laugh. Tough fcuker to have on your case.

Celt_Man

Loving the new season of shows...

Watching Chicago Fire and Elementary - great shows... Saw the first two episodes of Last Resort too, have to watch the other ones this weekend - liked it and will be interesting to see where it goes

Have Season 2 of The Borgias, Season 2 & 3 of the Boardwalk Empire and new seasons of Fringe and S7 of Supernatural all to nail...  Happy days
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Canalman

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 23, 2012, 12:04:48 AM

Watching Chicago Fire and Elementary - great shows... Saw the first two episodes of Last Resort too, have to watch the other ones this weekend - liked it and will be interesting to see where it goes

Have Season 2 of The Borgias, Season 2 & 3 of the Boardwalk Empire and new seasons of Fringe and S7 of Supernatural all to nail...  Happy days

Let us know how you got on with Borgias S2. Saw the 1st series and was a cracking show.

Main Street

There have some characters acting the part of the Pope in films,  Jeremy Irons, Anthony Quinn, Robbie Coltrane and Mickey Rourke amongst others.

Hound

Quote from: Canalman on November 23, 2012, 09:17:37 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 23, 2012, 12:04:48 AM

Let us know how you got on with Borgias S2. Saw the 1st series and was a cracking show.

I liked Season 1, but could understand if some didn't. I thought Season 2 was excellent.

Denn Forever

I see Dexter being recommended here.  If you have CBS Action, it starting from Episode 1 from December 5th at 9 or 10pm.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggy90

Is that channel part of the Sky package?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

I'd imagine it is.  Says its Sky Channel 148, Freesat 137 and Virgin 192.

http://www.cbsaction.co.uk/

Good if you like Star Trek in all its reincarnations.

CBS Action is the home of U.S. action-packed dramas, tense thrillers, sci-fi favourites and fast paced movies that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Popular shows include NCIS, Walker, Texas Ranger, Mission: Impossible, Kung Fu and The District, along with the digitally re-mastered Star Trek: The Original Series and The Next Generation.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

Finished Breaking Bad before next year's finale series - starting to get slightly bored of it now. The choices are either die from cancer of be caught and shot. He's going to die either way.

Homeland - no - lost my attention about 3 episodes in again. Don't really care.

Modern Family - still coming up smelling of lovely Eskra manure. Brilliant show.

Parks and Recreation - best out there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 25, 2012, 09:17:19 PM
I see Dexter being recommended here.  If you have CBS Action, it starting from Episode 1 from December 5th at 9 or 10pm.

Thanks for the heads up, never check out what's on the CBS channels are their usual stuff wouldn't interest me.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2012, 11:41:23 PM
Finished Breaking Bad before next year's finale series - starting to get slightly bored of it now. The choices are either die from cancer of be caught and shot. He's going to die either way.

Homeland - no - lost my attention about 3 episodes in again. Don't really care.

Modern Family - still coming up smelling of lovely Eskra manure. Brilliant show.

Parks and Recreation - best out there.

Heard good things about it I must check it out!

Can't understand why nobody else is talking about the League. I think it's class, an older version of the Inbetweeners.

LeoMc

Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

When did Peter Quinn come under suspicion so that they discovered his links to shady illegal operations?

MasterShake

Quote from: LeoMc on November 28, 2012, 08:52:45 AM
Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

When did Peter Quinn come under suspicion so that they discovered his links to shady illegal operations?

***SPOILER ALERT***

Early in Season 2 when we were first introduced to "Peter Quinn", Saul asked Virgil and Max (a great and understated duo) to do some digging on Quinn.
Saul, who has been with the CIA for 30 years, and knows everybody in the intelligence analysis field, had never heard of him. Neither had Carrie. Both knew it was weird that Quinn was unknown to them, and yet he's assigned to head a team to track and trap Brody - an agent of Abu Nazir.
The break-in at Quinn's place was the culmination of Virgil and Max's digging, as they could find nothing else on him. Tho it is weird that the show should only loop back round to that sub-plot seven odd episodes after first mentioning it.
"Calmer than you are".