TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

I see the Danish series Borgen so highly rated by  some posters here is starting again tonight at 11pm on BBC 4.
Will UPC plus it anyway.

laoislad

Only recently starting watching The Walking Dead.
Saw first few episodes of Season 2 last week and liked it so have downloaded season 1 and watched most of it over weekend.
Very good show.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

watching revenge on rte. very good show.

falling skies started off well on fx last week.

screenexile

Sorkin's new show The Newsroom starts on Sky Atlantic on Tuesday night. Have watched the first 2 and it's excellent so far. It has lot's of potential!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on July 09, 2012, 02:13:30 AM
Sorkin's new show The Newsroom starts on Sky Atlantic on Tuesday night. Have watched the first 2 and it's excellent so far. It has lot's of potential!!
Looking forward to this one. Will try to watch on tv rather than downloading the series as end up blasting through a series and then have nothing to watch!

AFS

The Newsroom has potential if it tones things down a bit. There are only so many lectures in morality that you can cram into an episode without starting to piss people off.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on July 09, 2012, 06:24:36 PM
The Newsroom has potential if it tones things down a bit. There are only so many lectures in morality that you can cram into an episode without starting to piss people off.
Hmmm if it is big on liberal brow-beating I might only see one episode!

thewobbler

Just bought the Oz box set.

Love box sets.

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on July 09, 2012, 02:13:30 AM

I've heard a lot of a good reports about it. Must set the Sky+ for it.
Testing Accessibility

DownFanatic

Quote from: thewobbler on July 09, 2012, 08:57:53 PM
Just bought the Oz box set.

Love box sets.

OZ is very underated. I thought it was immense.

Aristo 60

The Wire = Greatest show of all time :)

Newbridge Exile

Line of duty on BBC2 is getting better each week, final scene of last nights episode will make me never look at a bench vice  and bolt cutters in the same light again , great performances from Neil Morrissey and Lennie James

5 Sams

Peter Kay on Ch 4 tonight...top class
The Aristocrat Years

bennydorano

Newsroom has turned out a bit pants.

New series of wilfred started 2nite in bbc3, Top show.

Tony Baloney

Anyone seen Person of Interest? Started the other night on 5.