Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Gazzler on June 08, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 08, 2012, 03:10:53 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on June 08, 2012, 01:51:56 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 08, 2012, 01:43:19 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 08, 2012, 12:08:33 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 07, 2012, 04:29:13 PM
Watched the end of Alcatraz, got really good the past 3 or 4 episodes therefore annoyed and it's cancellation.

liked alcatraz too.

with the ending that was provided, it seemed like the writers were told at the last minute that it would be cancelled.

why do they keep cancelling decent shows like this after just 1 season?

It seems that shows now cannot have any kind of build up.  Alcatraz started slowly and obviously lost viewers, but as mentioned it picked up towards the end and its a shame it is over.  I liked Flash Forward too.  Your doll Jones in Alcatraz made it easier to watch every week too, Hurley really was wasted in the show though.  I was surprised to see Tommy Madsen stick the knife in her at the end, I thought that the last episode was showing us that everything about him was not what it seemed (the partner being corrupt etc).  They were starting to really link it to the fella who was released early from Alcatraz too which was looking like an interesting turn.  Found it a bit silly that Sam Neill was supposed to be 70+ though.
Good man way to ruin it for anyone still watching the show. ::)

You're welcome.
#idiot

You could have wrote it without feeling the need to stick a hashtag in there like nearly every other tube using an internet based device these days.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 11, 2012, 08:51:32 AM
Watched the end of Alcatraz, got really good the past 3 or 4 episodes therefore annoyed and it's cancellation.

liked alcatraz too.

with the ending that was provided, it seemed like the writers were told at the last minute that it would be cancelled.

It seems that shows now cannot have any kind of build up.  Alcatraz started slowly and obviously lost viewers, but as mentioned it picked up towards the end and its a shame it is over.  I liked Flash Forward too.  Your doll Jones in Alcatraz made it easier to watch every week too, Hurley really was wasted in the show though.  I was surprised to see Tommy Madsen stick the knife in her at the end, I thought that the last episode was showing us that everything about him was not what it seemed (the partner being corrupt etc).  They were starting to really link it to the fella who was released early from Alcatraz too which was looking like an interesting turn.  Found it a bit silly that Sam Neill was supposed to be 70+ though.

You're welcome.
#idiot

You could have wrote it without feeling the need to stick a hashtag in there like nearly every other tube using an internet based device these days.
Top spoiler alert nrico...

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 11, 2012, 07:00:01 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 11, 2012, 08:51:32 AM

liked alcatraz too.

You're welcome.
#idiot

Top spoiler alert nrico...

As if you were watching it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

The last 3 episodes of Touch were very good, it had been pretty average for a few episodes before those 3.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 12, 2012, 09:39:38 AM
The last 3 episodes of Touch were very good, it had been pretty average for a few episodes before those 3.

I found myself getting bored with it.  The last few episodes definitely lifted it up a gear.

The oul series links are running low at the minute.  Game of Thrones over, The walking Dead, The American Office, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire

I have all of this series of Dexter to watch though, so that should keep me busy for a while.

Any new series starting up shortly?  Falling Skies isn't a bad series.  It should be starting soon

Billys Boots

True Blood series-5 started in the US on Sunday night I believe.  I've downloaded the first episode but haven't seen it yet.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Forever Green on June 08, 2012, 01:18:19 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 07, 2012, 02:43:00 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on June 06, 2012, 06:28:25 PM
Friday Night Lights is a show and a half

Later seasons are very poor and cliché-ridden. First two were excellent though.

Hate that. Aye, I`ve really enjoyed the first series so far. Favourite character has to be the Riggins or maybe even Buddy Garritty  ;D

Don't watch much TV but love this. Am watching series 1 on Sky Atlantic.

Funny enough I can't stand the Buddy Garrity character. Hate people like that in real life and God knows you find them everywhere.

Gazzler

Why don't you tell us what happened,save us having to watch it ourselves...

#bellend

nrico2006

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 12, 2012, 11:25:47 AM

I found myself getting bored with it.  The last few episodes definitely lifted it up a gear.

The oul series links are running low at the minute.  Game of Thrones over, The walking Dead, The American Office, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire

I have all of this series of Dexter to watch though, so that should keep me busy for a while.

Any new series starting up shortly?  Falling Skies isn't a bad series.  It should be starting soon

Watched the first season of Falling Skies, looking forward to Season 2.  Boardwalk Empire is the next target.

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 12, 2012, 01:35:09 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 12, 2012, 11:25:47 AM

Watched the first season of Falling Skies, looking forward to Season 2.  Boardwalk Wmpire is the next target.

Just started watching a new series called Continuum,seems good so far.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: Gazzler on June 12, 2012, 12:25:15 PM

Why don't you tell us what happened,save us having to watch it ourselves...

#bellend

Gary, you'd be better hiding your email address instead of wrecking the shit out of that wee hashtag key.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2012, 01:41:35 PM

Just started watching a new series called Continuum,seems good so far.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/

Cheers for that. I must take a look for it later on.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

Quote from: ziggy90 on June 12, 2012, 02:03:14 PM
http://www.cultbox.co.uk/reviews/episodes/2339-braquo-series-1-episode-1-review

This really is excellent and the second series is showing on FX at the moment.

It really is - watched s2e4 last night; will probably watch another tonight. 

And no Laoislad, it's not in English.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggy90

I'm on ep7 series2 now BB, it's better it's getting. By fcuk you don't half have to concentrate though.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered