TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

anybody watching the good place with Ted Danson, only like 23 minutes an episode but just very funny and easy to watch, from the same guy involved in the office (USA) and created parks and recreation which I Loved.

Milltown Row2

Tin Star has been a slow burner but stuck with it as I really like Roth....

Love the fact that he wakes up clueless about the night before and he's hookers lying around his room!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2017, 09:07:28 AM

Love the fact that he wakes up clueless about the night before and he's hookers lying around his room!!

I think i've about 5 of these watched. Slow burner alright but def very good.  There is a lot about the Roth character still to be revealed i expect.

JimStynes

I gave up on Tin Star. Watching Stranger Things 2 here and it's a load of shite. I thought the first one was a load of shite too so it's probably just not my type of series.

nrico2006

Have Mindhunter and Stranger Things 2 to watch.  Stranger Things wasn't anything special to be honest, nowhere near as good as some make it out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Mindhunter was slow at times but I found it fascinating, especially as it is based on real people.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on October 30, 2017, 09:14:13 AM
I gave up on Tin Star. Watching Stranger Things 2 here and it's a load of shite. I thought the first one was a load of shite too so it's probably just not my type of series.

I'd given up on it but i just recorded it anyways, the wife was away on a school trip so i ran through about 5 in a row and its cooking up rightly..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Finished Season 2 of Stranger Things. Enjoyed it.

JimStynes

It's too weird for me. Paranormal worlds or whatever is going on in it just seems too silly for me. Finished Deuce there this morning though. More my type of thing  ;)

ned

Quote from: lurganblue on October 30, 2017, 09:12:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2017, 09:07:28 AM

I think i've about 5 of these watched. Slow burner alright but def very good.  There is a lot about the Roth character still to be revealed i expect.

Have watched the full series. Good but kind of left you wanting it to be more i.e. it wasn't as good as it should have been. Roth is good. Truly unlikeable character played very well.

gallsman

No loss. Been shite since the scene of him pissing on the da's grave to open S3

JimStynes

It's been crap and I didn't even finish the latest season. I can't stand Kevin Spacey so I won't miss him either.

laoislad

All Ireland Day on RTE 1 at the moment is good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Targetman