Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 369425 times)

tonto1888

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #5880 on: January 16, 2018, 02:50:44 PM »
retiring in his 30s to live another 40/50 years on what he has?
What's enough? I'm interested to know what you think a family could manage on per year for the next 40-50 years and be comfortable like they might be now?
I'd say he would want to be on 300K a year for the rest of his life to make sure he continues his current lifestyle, enjoys a nice house, car, holidays and all the trimmings, takes care of his kids financial future and looks after extended family. Thats 15 million in the bank before he retires..I don't think he has that?

I have no idea but Im sure I read the Santa Cruz fights "set him up for life"?

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: January 16, 2018, 03:11:41 PM »
a quick google search shows that boxers don't get paid as much as I thought. I guess when you see the money the like of Mayweather/Joshua got/get it skews things

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: January 16, 2018, 03:27:26 PM »
100 grand a year would just about set me up for life if i stopped working, as i'd stil have my bills holidays puting kids through school and arranging trust funds for my kids. my needs are modest  :P

..$1.5 million purse for for the fights with Cruz, equates to a million sterling possibly... now out of that million he's to pay the McGuigans, all of the McGuigans.. the mum daughter and 2 sons all had an intrest in the Cyclone promotions... percentages as trainers, PR, management, accommadation, flights, gym fees, food

Those costs add up and don't exactly leave you with much to yourself.. getting established takes time and that window of making big money is a small one
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: January 16, 2018, 05:23:04 PM »
I don't think he has as much in the bank as people would think. He has been getting cleaned for years. Boxers in general don't get paid that much apart for the top 10 or so fellas. If he got the Selby and Santa Cruz fights then he will probably be happy enough. Nice wee gig working at Sky Sports or something like that and that'll keep him ticking over.  As much as McGregor is a d**khead you have to give it to him - he's fooled so many people into getting him over 100m for a single fight. Amazing.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: January 16, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »
Generally not the big money at lighter weights. Expenses is some chunk out of their purse.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: Today at 09:40:10 AM »
Being hung up on fighting at home surely has had a negative impact on his career.  He had his foot in the door in America and already headlined in Vegas.  Fighters from here or even in Britain rarely get a chance to do that.  If it wasn't for wanting the 3rd Santa Cruz fight to be in Belfast then it would already have happened.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: Today at 10:06:53 AM »
I agree! Fight in Vegas or fight in Windsor? Ffs.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: Today at 10:36:26 AM »
Being hung up on fighting at home surely has had a negative impact on his career.  He had his foot in the door in America and already headlined in Vegas.  Fighters from here or even in Britain rarely get a chance to do that.  If it wasn't for wanting the 3rd Santa Cruz fight to be in Belfast then it would already have happened.

He has fought him twice in the states, he's had 3 fights over there and won twice lost one, Cruz wont come back to Belfast, his father wont let that happen, and why should he!

Windsor park fight would generate a lot of money for all involved those are the pay days he needs to retire comfortably enough, he needs Selby fight or another big hitter to generate enough interest to fill the likes of Windsor and get a big TV company to show it, where there will be more money...

So much on at stake with this fight, a good peformance needed, he hasnt picked a muppet either so regardless of the bookies thoughts he'll have to come through it with the chance of getting an eliminator as the other lads wont be too fussed to fight Carl unless they have to
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)