The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2022, 12:30:59 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1562037383431847938

So much time and space allowed.  Sancho had all the time in the world to take as many touches as he wanted to set himself up to shoot.
That's just, like your opinion man.

johnnycool

supersub

Lots of doom and gloom and gross exaggeration/panic going on here. You do realise that this team that all of a sudden is so 'old and tired' hasn't lost a PL game in 9 months? Did the players only get old and tired in the last week?

It's a blip, a big one given last nights performance. But far from a crisis. A few bodies back gives a little more depth and things will turn. You don't turn into a bad team overnight. Periods of poor form happen. It's natural. Having said that I do agree a midfielder is needed more so due to injury proneness rather than lack of quality or age.

johnnycool

Quote from: supersub on August 23, 2022, 07:38:02 PM
Lots of doom and gloom and gross exaggeration/panic going on here. You do realise that this team that all of a sudden is so 'old and tired' hasn't lost a PL game in 9 months? Did the players only get old and tired in the last week?

It's a blip, a big one given last nights performance. But far from a crisis. A few bodies back gives a little more depth and things will turn. You don't turn into a bad team overnight. Periods of poor form happen. It's natural. Having said that I do agree a midfielder is needed more so due to injury proneness rather than lack of quality or age.

The high press Liverpool thrive on needs fresh legs, Hendo, Milner, Fabinho, Ox just won't cut that anymore, well not two of them together.

Once the high press fails then the high line held by the centre backs and attacking full backs are exposed.

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2022, 01:49:29 PM
Quote from: Armamike on August 23, 2022, 01:35:32 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2022, 12:30:59 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1562037383431847938

So much time and space allowed.  Sancho had all the time in the world to take as many touches as he wanted to set himself up to shoot.

It was exactly how Maguire "defends" But Maguire is on the Bench, VVD is starting. Worrying.

blewuporstuffed

Agree with all that.
Its mad how quickly the nartaive turns after one bad defeat, 3 games into the season.
This city team leaves very little room for error, but there has been a massive overreaction to the start to the season.
United looked a busted flush up until monday night, now all of a sudden they are on the way back  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thewobbler

Yep there's no middle with most people anymore.

That said the way Liverpool are going reminds me of Spurs 2019 to 2020. In 2019, injuries and wages made them visibly on the decline as a unit, but kept it together enough to reach a CL final, which should have been the squad's denouement. A few games into the following season it was clear that team wasn't for coming back without some form of rejuvenation. Too many players lost interest or their edge within a few months of each other. Levy went for the replacing-the-manager option, which wasn't the issue, and some 3 years and 3 managers later, things have improved with a complete squad turnover bar 5 players.

Scouse had a better and younger team competing in last year's CL final and had already started the rebuild, which should cushion the fall a lot. But as I say, it does feel similar.

trueblue1234

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 24, 2022, 11:17:49 AM

Agree with all that.
Its mad how quickly the nartaive turns after one bad defeat, 3 games into the season.
This city team leaves very little room for error, but there has been a massive overreaction to the start to the season.
United looked a busted flush up until monday night, now all of a sudden they are on the way back  :-\

It's the way of the world now. People are like goldfish these days. Knee jerk reactions is the name of the game. Comparing VVD with Maguire ffs 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

From the Bunker

Champions League Draw....

Best draw we could get:

Eintracht Frankfurt
Sporting CP
Copenhagen

Worst draw we could get:

Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Maccabi Haifa (because of the distance to travel)

David McKeown

I've been to Anfield before but I've never driven where is the best place to park. Likely will have to leave early but have to back at Manchester airport by 7 after a 3pm ko
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 24, 2022, 11:51:12 PM
Champions League Draw....

Best draw we could get:

Eintracht Frankfurt
Sporting CP
Copenhagen

Worst draw we could get:

Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Maccabi Haifa (because of the distance to travel)
I'd be happy enough getting Real Madrid. Chance for revenge maybe
Someone like Celtic then be good, no distance involved and a handy enough 6 points, be a chance for Celtic fans to hear a proper rendition of YNWA also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

Ajax is the first team for Liverpool. It could have been a lot worse.