AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Banty will have his revenge, in this life or the next.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Quote from: tippabu on July 25, 2018, 11:32:50 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2018, 11:08:20 AM
Ros v Kerry in feckin Limerick Saturday.
Galway v Clare in Tullamore Sunday I think.

Where would have been a better venue? Ennis or thurles the only other two which might have similar travelling distances? I've not looked this up and maybe am showing off terrible geography!!

Ennis I'd have thought, smaller venue as well would make for a better atmosphere

galwayman

Galway should handle Clare. Meath would be tough in a semi final.

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 25, 2018, 02:18:17 PM
Quote from: tippabu on July 25, 2018, 11:32:50 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2018, 11:08:20 AM
Ros v Kerry in feckin Limerick Saturday.
Galway v Clare in Tullamore Sunday I think.

Where would have been a better venue? Ennis or thurles the only other two which might have similar travelling distances? I've not looked this up and maybe am showing off terrible geography!!

Ennis I'd have thought, smaller venue as well would make for a better atmosphere

We usually play Kerry in Ennis but I assume the fact we keep beating them there spooked the hype merchants. Why the CCCC would agree to put it in Limerick suggests there's a ridiculous and unfair level of sway that Kerry have in these decisions.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 25, 2018, 01:27:33 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 25, 2018, 12:11:18 PM
Leinster had one very dominant team this year, Meath. Kildare were fortunate to find themselves in the weak group in Leinster.

Meath are a big side but not overly physical, they're not the most impressive minor side that I have seen such as Dublin 2012, Mayo/Ros in 2013, Kerry 2014 -16,  although a year behind those teams in their development. Still will be a good side to beat them.

Kildare are very sharp at the break and when they ran at Meath caused lots of problems and fouls, just couldn't get ball against Meath's dominate midfield. It was also their 3rd week in a row out including an extra 20 mins and looked flat. I suspect they will be fresher this week and will give Monaghan a rattle. A semi-final would be great achievement for that group.

No talk on burn out there or did i miss it? that's too much for group of U17s best to judge this Kildare team when they have a break between games i.e this weekend and aren't Monaghan managed by Banty?

There was talk on the Leinster thread. Initially Kildare or Wicklow were expected to play Sat(Draw+ET), Wed(Replay), Sat(Final) - this was changed to Sat(Draw+ET), Fri(Replay), Following Sat(Final).

The Kildare v Wicklow games were two epics, the 2nd game was delayed because of the massive crowd at it 3k est.

So yes the Kildare minors are now on their 4th week in a row!! Physically and mentally that's hard for 16/17 year olds.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Three 1/4 games on today at 3pm.
Kildare (almost with home advantage) play Monaghan in Mullingar, nevertheless it will take a very strong Kildare team to put a stop to Banty on his road to redemption.

Is there only radio coverage?

other games
Kerry v Roscommon, Gaelic Grounds, 3pm
Derry v Meath, Athletic Grounds, 3pm

Rossfan

Kerry and Kildare must have some pull with the 4Cs!!
Best of luck to our ladeens today , give it ye're best shot and see how it goes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Sure Derry practically have home advantage against us as well.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2018, 01:11:24 PM
Sure Derry practically have home advantage against us as well.

Your partitionism is showing again!  :P

Very little difference in it between Derry City to Armagh, and Navan to Armagh, as it happens.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jinxy

Unless I'm mistaken, Derry have played a load of games there already this year.
We won our province, why are we going up there?

Rossfan

Provincial winners should get home advantage as a prize. It would also help the oul gate €€.

Main Street

Going by the impartial assessment of the Northern Sound crew it sounds like Kildare have massed their ranks with (genetically modified) huge feckers, tried to muscle the Monaghan boys about, are playing with 2 sweepers and lumping the ball in high. However Monaghan's midgets are well coached and crafty.
Monaghan a goal ahead and now firmly at the vanguard of the Ulster challenge in this championship.

Rossfan

We won't be going any further :-\
Behind 1-5 to 4 on 26 minutes,  then a quick 1-5 without reply by Kerry so  we're 12 behind.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Main Street on July 28, 2018, 03:29:11 PM
Going by the impartial assessment of the Northern Sound crew it sounds like Kildare have massed their ranks with (genetically modified) huge feckers, tried to muscle the Monaghan boys about, are playing with 2 sweepers and lumping the ball in high. However Monaghan's midgets are well coached and crafty.
Monaghan a goal ahead and now firmly at the vanguard of the Ulster challenge in this championship.

From what I've seen of them it is not an overly big or physically developed Kildare team this year. We have the wind in the second half but it sounds like Monaghan are the better team from KFM.

Jinxy