AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

No better minor about! Class act and the team is something else! And they are ruthless too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

FT Kerry 6-17 Derry 1-8. Easy decision on MOTM today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Clifford in his interview looked shocked derry were not more defensive.

One of the best ever i saw too. Wins high ball, wins low ball, two footed, full of trickery - has everything.

A lot of other handy footballers in the team too.

Brown caused problems when he came on. Showed the contrast in setups as after catching the ball he was swarmed whereas clifford tended to be one on one.

Wildweasel74

Just what other deadly minors are u thinking about saying this lad scored 8-41 in the championship; all but 10 pts from play; saying u seen some deadly minors;

Estimator

Double marking Clifford might have curbed his influence, but it wouldn't have changed the result. Kerry's speed, support play and off the ball running was something else! The first goal set the tone, it was all uphill for Derry after that.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 17, 2017, 02:45:35 PM
Just what other deadly minors are u thinking about saying this lad scored 8-41 in the championship; all but 10 pts from play; saying u seen some deadly minors;

He was on a side where just about every member of the team had multiple AIs, be it at minor or schools level. Very good player but what you're trying to hype is at the end of the day is a teenager.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on September 17, 2017, 02:33:00 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 17, 2017, 02:25:55 PM
I've never seen a better minor than Clifford. An incredible combination of skill, pace, athleticism, strength and intelligence. If he doesn't fall by the wayside as so many minors do, he'll be an unbelievable player.

Eh. I've seen plenty of great minors just as deadly.
What sets him apart is his team is so dominant, and, today, Derry's utterly pathetic attempts at defending.

He could be very good, but let's get a bit of perspective.

Plenty? name one or two.. go ahead i'll wait. Kerry and Clifford were simply brilliant today.

Estimator

Just seen on twitter that Clifford has played 12 minor C'ship matches over the last two years.  He's scored 10-68 in total over the two years. 10-50 from play!!
Ulster League Champions 2009

Orchard park

Coming from someone who thought Galway had the best minor footballer in the country

T Fearon

Why didn't Derry start Callum Brown? He created havoc in Kerry defence in second half

magpie seanie

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2017, 02:57:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 17, 2017, 02:33:00 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 17, 2017, 02:25:55 PM
I've never seen a better minor than Clifford. An incredible combination of skill, pace, athleticism, strength and intelligence. If he doesn't fall by the wayside as so many minors do, he'll be an unbelievable player.

Eh. I've seen plenty of great minors just as deadly.
What sets him apart is his team is so dominant, and, today, Derry's utterly pathetic attempts at defending.

He could be very good, but let's get a bit of perspective.

Plenty? name one or two.. go ahead i'll wait. Kerry and Clifford were simply brilliant today.

Why do ye bother lads. That's what the ignore function is for.

Cunny Funt

http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/electric-ireland-minor-star-football-team/

Electric Ireland GAA Minor Star Football Team of the Year

1. Deividas Uosis (Kerry, Dingle)

2. Peadar Ó Cofaigh Byrne (Dublin, Cuala)

3. Conor McCluskey (Derry, Magherafelt)

4. Cian Gammell (Kerry, Killarney Legion)

5. Michael Potts (Kerry, Dr Crokes)

6. Padraig McGrogan (Derry, Newbridge)

7. Niall Donohue (Kerry, Firies)

8. Barry Mahony (Kerry, St.Senan's)

9. Oisin McWilliams (Derry, Swatragh)

10. Ross McGarry (Dublin, Ballyboden St Enda's)

11. David Clifford (Kerry, Fossa)

12. Donal O'Sullivan (Kerry, Kilgarvan)

13. Oisin Pierson (Cavan, Gowna)

14. Lorcan McWilliams (Derry, Swatragh)

15. Fiachra Clifford (Kerry, Laune Rangers)   

Rossfan

No good minors in Connacht it seems! !
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on September 25, 2017, 03:25:13 PM
No good minors in Connacht it seems! !
a
Semi finalists only it appears, I'm sure Sean Mulkerrin wouldn't have been far away if Galway had beaten Cavan, he was an outstanding minor unfortunately his more talked about mate in the forward line had an appalling game and which was one of the reasons Galway threw it away.

Orchard park

an outstanding footballer young Mulkerrin.