Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Quote from: screenexile on August 17, 2021, 10:01:01 AM
I've been charged with the COVID tests for a trip to Portugal in September.

Haven't been able to find an Antigen test available in the North that is on the EU approved list and isn't extortionate so looks like we'll be going with the Randox PCR test pre departure and day 2 which means having to travel and drop off the tests which hopefully won't be a major hassle I suppose.

Has anyone used the QURED test while away? One of the lads being very cautious and wants to head into town to get a PCR test to be sure to be sure but I don't think it's necessary and it would be much easier if we could all do our test in where we're at.
I went to Greece a few weeks ago and used the Randox Antigen pre departure test. Think it was £45 and you go to the city airport to get it, results back in an hour.

5times5times

Anyone travelled from UK(Belfast or London) to Spain/Portugal or Greece? Looking to go end of Sept/early Oct and want to get the ball rolling early on any tests needed etc. Both of us are double vac'd.

Mario

Quote from: 5times5times on August 17, 2021, 10:38:35 AM
Anyone travelled from UK(Belfast or London) to Spain/Portugal or Greece? Looking to go end of Sept/early Oct and want to get the ball rolling early on any tests needed etc. Both of us are double vac'd.
As mentioned above i went to Greece for honeymoon at start of August. To fly out you just need your vaccine certificate. The day before I flew home from Greece i got an antigen test in a local clinic for €20. Day after I got home I did the Randox day 2 test kit and dropped it in their drop box in Antrim town, cost of that was about £45 i think. You don't need the day 8 test as you are double vaxxed.

The biggest pain was getting the vaccine passport as NI Direct wouldn't verify my account, i didn't get it until the first day of my holiday so i also needed a pre departure test, my wife got her vaccine cert so she didn't need it and just did the tests above.

general

Quote from: bennydorano on August 17, 2021, 10:05:03 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 17, 2021, 10:01:01 AM
I've been charged with the COVID tests for a trip to Portugal in September.

Haven't been able to find an Antigen test available in the North that is on the EU approved list and isn't extortionate so looks like we'll be going with the Randox PCR test pre departure and day 2 which means having to travel and drop off the tests which hopefully won't be a major hassle I suppose.

Has anyone used the QURED test while away? One of the lads being very cautious and wants to head into town to get a PCR test to be sure to be sure but I don't think it's necessary and it would be much easier if we could all do our test in where we're at.
I'm heading away in October and I've been planning a sneaky NHS test for the outward leg, maybe my plan is rubbish

I had thought of something similar Benny - according to the below link PCR test is not required IF you are fully vaccinated and have a Cert. (From the 6 counties)

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

Testing and vaccination requirements for arrivals from the UK
The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) to present on entry one of the following:

documentation certifying that you have undertaken a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT - e.g. PCR, TMA, LAMP or NEAR) within 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain and tested negative. Antigen tests can only be used in certain limited circumstances (as outlined in section 'k' of the 'Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries' on the Spanish Ministry of Health 'Travel and COVID-19' page) and are not accepted if you are travelling from the UK to Spain for tourism purposes (see Reason for travel to Spain below for further information).

proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified), with a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation.

Mikhail Prokhorov

surely the EU Digital COVID Certificate negates the need for any tests

for EU travel anyway

screenexile

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on August 17, 2021, 03:02:54 PM
surely the EU Digital COVID Certificate negates the need for any tests

for EU travel anyway

Us poor Nordies aren't able to get one though!

Rois

Has anyone from the north flown into Dublin recently? Just wondering who checks if you have a negative antigen test that you should have for going into the north but don't need to fly into Dublin.

CitySlicker11

Flew Dublin to England with zero checks either way. Is it correct that flying to Portugal no negative test results are required with proof of double vaccination? If so, are there any other European destinations that are the same?

screenexile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 19, 2021, 08:38:07 AM
Flew Dublin to England with zero checks either way. Is it correct that flying to Portugal no negative test results are required with proof of double vaccination? If so, are there any other European destinations that are the same?

If you're flying from Europe and are double vaccinated Portugal don't require a test... flying from Belfast they do.

dublin7

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 19, 2021, 08:38:07 AM

I flew in/out of Greece last week. They will accept the EU covid vaccination cert and no need for covid tests. They do carry out covid tests on a few passengers from each flight that lands based on random selection

Dubh driocht

This is useful advice.  I have my NI certificate but my partner hasn't been able to get nidirect to sort out hers.  We hope to fly from Dublin to Spain.  Based on the debate here, is it right that I should be OK but partner will have to get pcr tests before she leaves and before she come home?

CitySlicker11

Been looking at this today and it appears you can fly Dublin to Spain for example with northern covid cert without the requirement for testing.

Mikhail Prokhorov

it's whether the rest of the eu recognize the northern cert the same as eu cert that you would need to check

Rois

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 19, 2021, 07:27:55 PM
Been looking at this today and it appears you can fly Dublin to Spain for example with northern covid cert without the requirement for testing.
Yes but officially you need an antigen test to come back north again. That's what I want to find out - who actually checks this. You have to fill in a passenger locator form before you come back into Dublin, and I'm assuming that when you put in a northern address, it'll tell you you need this, plus you will have to have booked a Day 2 test. But who checks?

Milltown Row2

I love my holidays, try and do something decent every year, I've absolutely no buzz to go anywhere soon, this current set up is and sounds like a melt.

I've two holidays that I'd planned for our big birthdays, New York with our kids and Vegas with just us. On hold until I can plan it without the shit!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea