Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: INDIANA on November 15, 2009, 12:13:14 AM
think macklin would knock Lee out. Lee doesn't look as good as he was.

Don't know about Lee being not as good as he was as I wouldn't be the best follower of boxing and Lee's form but one thing is for sure Macklin can fairly throw a haymaker... he threw some real beauties in his European title win
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

screenexile

Without a doubt THE best in the world... Manny was simply awesome tonight and although Cotto battld well and has the heart of a lion Pacquiao is the best boxer I've ever seen and is unlikely to ever get beaten I think.

Him and Mayweather will be amazing and I fancy Manny after his last 2 performances!

Hardy

Very disappointed with Lee. I thought he was the real thing for a while, but he hasn't showed any improvement with experience. In fact he's done the opposite and it's hard now to pinpoint any strength in his make-up. He doesn't seem to be killing himself with gym work either. After a few years as a pro he has no musculature - no chest, no shoulder muscles or biceps. He fought like an amateur last night.  Another Dud(dy), I think.

CiKe

Pac-man was awesome. Shows what I know, though thankfully hedged the bet well - ref did me a favour. Unbelievable heart from Cotto. After this I wouldn't want to bet against Pac-Man but if you were going to then I guess the only one you could possibly back would be Mayweather.

Am a little excited this morning so maybe I'm going over the top but not sure - but after this Manny has to be up there with the very ebst of all time. If he beats Mayweather he may well be the BEST of all time!

Declan

Lee seems short of confidence alright but Manny is one of the all time greats

DirtyDozen12

Pacman is the best ive ever seen.  To do what he is doing is unbelievable.  the way he has moved up the weight and took the power with him is scary.  Its a credit to Freddie roach and his team for getting him in the shape he is in but Pacman is just a talent as well. He went to 1/3 before the fight, couldnt believe it, i thought Cotto would be too big and smart for him but Pacman is just different sauce. 

Hard one to call between him and Mayweather if they get it on and on current form its very hard to see Pacman being beat!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

magpie seanie

Pacman is unreal. Incredible fighter altogether.

Lee I'm afraid is an accident waiting to happen. That French lad was wild limited and nearly took him out at the nd. I think Lee's management will keep him figting pookies for a while and picking up decent cheques for filling halls in Limerick and TV from RTE. Once he steps up in class he'll be nailed.

Archie Mitchell

Just watched the Pacman fight again there. Probably the best fighter I have seen. The way he can move up divisions, and still have the same speed, power, stamina etc and control the fights in the manner he did last night is unbelievable.

Pacman v Mayweather will be an amazing fight. Not sure if Mayweather would fancy it though as Pacman could take his unbeaten record.

tyroneboi

Pacman was in unbelievable form there. Mayweather v Pacman would surely have to be one of the biggest fights ever if it was made?

On a slightly different note check this video out from Friday nights undercard to the Matthew Hatton fight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCU389zi4wc

Medic

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 15, 2009, 12:12:00 AM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 15, 2009, 12:00:21 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 14, 2009, 10:19:35 PM
Anyone know anything about this frenchie that Lee is fighting soon?  Who is favorite for it?

Just watched it - Andy Lee was 30 secs from a ko and that was of himself - another DUD methinks ..

Gonna have to disagree with you... he would have known the bell was less than 30 seconds away, he grabbed his opponent and brought him to the middle of the ring... like Macklin said he didn't do that against Vera and that shows improvement
bit harsh calling him a dud... thought he boxed very clever apart from that bip in the tenth round, kept the other boy out of reach 90% of the time... would love to know what the punch count would be

Mmmmmh! Still think that Lee is lacking something in the chin department and is a sitting duck. No matter how many punches you throw or how 'good' you look in the ring, if you can't mix it big time with the Mexicans etc, well your rounds are numbered. In truth, he has no punch and is wide open to a fighter that will mix it with him. It's Bernard Dunne all over again.... Bet his next fight is against some European hopeful (probably ranked about 10) who will be the 'acid test' for Lee. Load of balls, just an excuse to pack an arena, get RTE with Dave Boy - Jimmy, I didn't see that punch there - McAuley on board, hyping up a somewhat limited boxer who has, as a pro, failed to live up to his amateur reputation.

Declan

Damn sky - I set the ould digital recorder and of course 4 undercard fights later I don't get the whole of the Pacman fight ??? ???

nrico2006

Bit harsh on Lee, the thing that he has got going for him is that he has a big punch.  His chin is questionable at this stage, as is his defence.  Disappointed with his progress myself.  Sooner or later he will have to fight Duddy and/or Macklin, and at present I think he would lose to both.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

INDIANA

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 15, 2009, 10:16:58 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 15, 2009, 12:12:00 AM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 15, 2009, 12:00:21 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 14, 2009, 10:19:35 PM
Anyone know anything about this frenchie that Lee is fighting soon?  Who is favorite for it?

Just watched it - Andy Lee was 30 secs from a ko and that was of himself - another DUD methinks ..

Gonna have to disagree with you... he would have known the bell was less than 30 seconds away, he grabbed his opponent and brought him to the middle of the ring... like Macklin said he didn't do that against Vera and that shows improvement
bit harsh calling him a dud... thought he boxed very clever apart from that bip in the tenth round, kept the other boy out of reach 90% of the time... would love to know what the punch count would be

Mmmmmh! Still think that Lee is lacking something in the chin department and is a sitting duck. No matter how many punches you throw or how 'good' you look in the ring, if you can't mix it big time with the Mexicans etc, well your rounds are numbered. In truth, he has no punch and is wide open to a fighter that will mix it with him. It's Bernard Dunne all over again.... Bet his next fight is against some European hopeful (probably ranked about 10) who will be the 'acid test' for Lee. Load of balls, just an excuse to pack an arena, get RTE with Dave Boy - Jimmy, I didn't see that punch there - McAuley on board, hyping up a somewhat limited boxer who has, as a pro, failed to live up to his amateur reputation.

You're way off saying Lee is another Dunne. He's better than Dunne, much better but he's low on confidence. And it remains to be seen if he gets it back. and by the way Dunne was still a World Champion. Some people here seem to think World Titles are handed out at raffles or something.