Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Far too much uninformed crap is thrown at GAA refs, Fitzmaurice's intervention against the selection of Gough was cheap and undignified, cute hoorism scraping the barrell.

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2019, 09:02:46 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on August 14, 2019, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 04:03:37 PM
I can guarantee he wont be feeling the pressure of the additional scrutiny, he will however have the pressure of refereeing the biggest match of the year anyway. He wont feel under pressure to do anything different from his normal refereeing style.
This is some people, with little else to do, looking for a reason to have an early pop at the ref, looking for excuses dependent on how the ref sees certain incidents. We all see incidents differently dependent on who we are supporting on any particular day.
I can guarantee a plethora of complaints from both sides on Sunday evening, regardless of the result

Agreed. It is actually disgraceful that a man's integrity can be questioned in as blasé a manner as it is on this board. There have been plenty of refereeing decisions I haven't agreed with over the years (and I'm watching the Dubs in person since 83) but I know this - if we lose, it will be because of a better team, or because we haven't performed (knowing Dubs fans the latter is the far more likely view to be taken).

Yeah I and most other teams around the country am envious of your confidence that it wont be because you had a dodgy calls agin ye

Gough loves/fears Dublin. Whether its in the workplace, at the club, walking around, or keeping his pecking order as a ref, making sure that he is keeping the Dubs are happy is key

Absolute rubbish. A pile of shite to be more accurate.

Obiviously Antrim prob not included since they are that pile of shite or absolutely rubbish if you prefer.

Well that makes no sense and is completely irrelevant to the discussion so that's...actually about par for the course for your posts.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2019, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2019, 09:02:46 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on August 14, 2019, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 04:03:37 PM
I can guarantee he wont be feeling the pressure of the additional scrutiny, he will however have the pressure of refereeing the biggest match of the year anyway. He wont feel under pressure to do anything different from his normal refereeing style.
This is some people, with little else to do, looking for a reason to have an early pop at the ref, looking for excuses dependent on how the ref sees certain incidents. We all see incidents differently dependent on who we are supporting on any particular day.
I can guarantee a plethora of complaints from both sides on Sunday evening, regardless of the result

Agreed. It is actually disgraceful that a man's integrity can be questioned in as blasé a manner as it is on this board. There have been plenty of refereeing decisions I haven't agreed with over the years (and I'm watching the Dubs in person since 83) but I know this - if we lose, it will be because of a better team, or because we haven't performed (knowing Dubs fans the latter is the far more likely view to be taken).

Yeah I and most other teams around the country am envious of your confidence that it wont be because you had a dodgy calls agin ye

Gough loves/fears Dublin. Whether its in the workplace, at the club, walking around, or keeping his pecking order as a ref, making sure that he is keeping the Dubs are happy is key

Absolute rubbish. A pile of shite to be more accurate.

Obiviously Antrim prob not included since they are that pile of shite or absolutely rubbish if you prefer.

Well that makes no sense and is completely irrelevant to the discussion so that's...actually about par for the course for your posts.

No its not, Antrim play in the intercounty competition don't they? They just usually get favours to keep things respectable as the refs takes pity.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2019, 10:35:48 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2019, 09:33:27 PM
Is it not a tad peculiar that every single dub is jumping to the defence of choice of ref , everywhere , social media , forums and on the street .Is that just reactionary to kerrys objection ?

Yeah, why should the Dubs feel any allegiance or sympathy to Gough? Strange.

I thought after your St Jude's "revelation" you'd be keeping your head down for a while.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

David McKeown

I feel sorry for Gough in all this because he's a fine referee. As I suggested after the Mayo v Donegal game though why does the GAA put him in this position if anything controversial happens in the game the allegations will flow which will be incredibly unfair. Interestingly the legal test for bias is not was a decision maker biased its could an impartial observer aware of all the facts rule out the possibility for bias. In other words the perception of potential bias is more important than actual bias. So whilst he's the best referee in the country and therefore should get the All Ireland final it may have been fairer for him not to get it and I'm not questioning his integrity there at all.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Keyser soze

Totally disagree that he is a good referee. Like the vast majority of the top referees Gough will believe that the day revolves around him and that the players are bit part players supporting his central role.

TheGreatest

A planned protest in Killarney on Saturday.

This is great   :D ;D

They are rattled down in Kerry and they have become an embarrassment to themselves and to the country. They are terrified that 1. they will get a hiding

People are asking why no objection to the ref from Dublin fans, its quite simple, we are not bothered by who refs it. The football does the talking.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 15, 2019, 08:00:57 AM
Is it not a tad peculiar that every single dub is jumping to the defence of choice of ref , everywhere , social media , forums and on the street .Is that just reactionary to kerrys objection ?

I thought after your St Jude's "revelation" you'd be keeping your head down for a while.

Strange how Dublin supporters have got behind Gough? I mean what do they care?

playwiththewind1st

They probably still have a lot of time for John Gough.

shark

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 15, 2019, 09:35:40 AM
Totally disagree that he is a good referee. Like the vast majority of the top referees Gough will believe that the day revolves around him and that the players are bit part players supporting his central role.

I once played in a game that he reffed. In my opinion he was excellent. He communicated with the players throughout and we knew exactly where we stood with him. He seemed to know every player's first name, even though we were a club team from a different county. We lost the game.

Hound

As I said previously, I don't think Kerry actually want him changed, instead just create enough of a hullabaloo so that he can't avoid it, and they're hoping that it means he'll be  more likely to favour Kerry in 50/50s, so avoid an chance of being regarded as biased.

You still have to trust that he's above it, but at this stage I'd would not be sorry if he stood down. Although the chap's been through quite the journey to get here, so you can only wish him the best and hope he makes all the correct calls.

dublin7

The poor guy is having his reputation and integrity smeared by vicious rumours and outright lies all over social media and messageboards like this.

It's not just dubs defending him by the way.

yellowcard

It was all designed to put maximum pressure on David Gough since they would have known that he was very likely to get the final.

In professional sport such as PL soccer, I think managers are banned from talking about referees critically before and after matches, otherwise they will sanction. Obviously Kerry were cute enough that it was ex players that voiced their concerns so there are ways around this. It was the same when the Dublin media ganged up on Lee Keegan prior to an AI final a few years back. Now Gough goes into the AI final under incredible scrutiny which is very unfair. Why would a referee deliberately want to favour one side over another in a match that the country will be watching at the expense of his own performance. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise, bad decisions can and most likely will be made but I don't believe for one second that his integrity can be called into question.

rrhf

Kerry enjoy cute smear tactics yet again. Pain in the arse winning or losing. The pathetic whispering after the semi final on water bottles, absolute horseshit, the lobby is well and truly up and going. They need weak refs that keep them in the game until they find their feet a la last Sunday. I hope the dubs bate them by 20 to eliminate any doubt about the ref.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 15, 2019, 10:43:36 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 15, 2019, 08:00:57 AM

Strange how Dublin supporters have got behind Gough? I mean what do they care?

We don't care. I don't remember any time when Dublin supporters subjected a referee to sly personal innuendo in advance of a game. We much prefer to let the football do the talking.

What puzzles me is why such frenzied concern from a couple of Mayo supporters on this board as to who will ref the All Ireland final. I would have thought that the state of Mayo football would have been their all-consuming concern.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8