Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

Havin heard anything about it to b honest win other than what was said here a while ago...2b honest i am not a big fan of teams enterin second teams...
Nice guys always finish second!

tevez

Does anyone know when the decision will be made about Kileavey and St Pats joing the fourth division? Don't see how they can't join when Cross have a seconds team, and they have the numbers to have both teams.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tevez on January 06, 2010, 12:06:30 AM
Does anyone know when the decision will be made about Kileavey and St Pats joing the fourth division? Don't see how they can't join when Cross have a seconds team, and they have the numbers to have both teams.

I can only assume they'll either let us in or throw Cross IIs. And I think the 2nd option is fairly unlikely!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

I've no problem with that, if teams want to enter a 2nd team then fair enough. It may well be cute enough from Killeavey's point but they must have the numbers to do so or they wouldn't be doing it. A 12 team division will be better too so i'm all for it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

All for the twelve teams myself but don't think it should mean that Killeavy stay in the top flight. But i gather it is just a proposal so we will have to wait till it is decided upon  ;)

but trying to get the extra four games in will be a tougher assignment and will undoubtedly have to involve more friday nights games
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 06, 2010, 10:24:49 AM
All for the twelve teams myself but don't think it should mean that Killeavy stay in the top flight. But i gather it is just a proposal so we will have to wait till it is decided upon  ;)

but trying to get the extra four games in will be a tougher assignment and will undoubtedly have to involve more friday nights games

Correct sir but Friday night games are class (if they're at home and you win :D)

thewanderer

County board meeting next weds when it will be decided. dont see there being a problem with Killeavey and St. Pats entering 2nd teams, i think this will be agreed ok. In relation to the 4 divisions there will then be 12 in each and it is quite possible that killeavey and mullaghbawn will retain their 1st division status, however the teams finishing 3rd and 4th in div2 last year ,Granemore is one will certainly be pushing to get promoted. Should be an interesting meeting. I think it is a good idea to have 12 teams especially in div1 which will give more football up to the start of the championships which will not commence senior anyway until the end of august at the earliest.

illdecide

Maybe the 3rd and 4th teams from Division 2 last year could play Mullaghbawn and Killeavey to see who plays in Div 1 next year???

thewanderer

Cant see that happening but have to say i think that would be the fairest outcome. Il maybe you could suggest that to your county board representative. The championship draws will possible take place that night as well.

Ti Chulainn

Dromintee GAC Fight Night set to be sold out

The organisers of the Dromintee GAC Fight Night are anticipating a sell out crowd for their Fight Night on Saturday 16th January
A lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes to ensure this night will attract a bumper crowd to the Carrickdale Hotel.

The main attraction on the night is the fight card itself, with GAA stars from 7 counties taking part and fighters have been matched up to ensure maximum entertainment.

Top of the bill is Aidan O'Rourke, the current Dromintee Manager and former All-Ireland and All Star winner with Armagh, against sharp shooter Paddy Bradley from Derry, also an All Star. Current and former county players from Armagh, Down, Derry, Antrim, and Meath will go toe to toe. In addition, two former Australia Rules players, Kevin Dyas (Collingwood and Armagh) and Colm Begley (Brisbane Lions, St. Kilda, and Laois) will be showing the crowd what they are made of. For added attraction, Ireland's top referee Pat McEnaney will be donning his gloves to try and put manners on Colm Coyle from Meath, whom he sent off in the 1996 All Ireland Final.

MC on the night will be COOL FM's Connor Phillips. There will be entertainment for the crowd throughout the night, followed by a disco after the final bout.

Peter Fearon, Dromintee Chairman, commented: 'The line up of fighters on the night is a credit to our Senior Team players who have pulled out all the stops to get the big names, the organisation of the night has been very professional. Seamus McCormick of the Sacred Heart Boxing Club, and his team, deserve great credit for the work they have put in to training our lads - this event would not be possible without them.'

The main event sponsors are The Carrickdale Hotel and Dromintee GAC would like to thank the hotel from their continued support.

Peter Fearon continued: 'We have been overwhelmed with requests for tickets and I would encourage everyone to get tickets well before the event to avoid disappointment'
Ringside tickets are now sold out. A number of general admission tickets are still available but are selling fast.
Tickets for the event cost £10 and can be purchased from any Dromintee Senior player or on

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Dromintee-GAC-Fight-Night-tickets/artist/1018037

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on January 06, 2010, 12:06:43 PM
Maybe the 3rd and 4th teams from Division 2 last year could play Mullaghbawn and Killeavey to see who plays in Div 1 next year???

That would be the best option. 

thewanderer

your right El ps think i might have alright ;)

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: illdecide on January 06, 2010, 12:06:43 PM
first i have herd about this lads tbh but i can remember when maghery got relegated for the first time in our history the co board changed the amount of teams in div 1 and we got to stay up after all . wasnt long till we were relegated again anyhow  >:( however there was no playof with any team from div 2. this was maybe 99 r so cant remember

thewanderer

Happy new year Umgola see you hovering in the background. Are you back training yet ;)

the scenic route

See pintsofguinness made the media today.....
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"