Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the scenic route

Quote from: back off the net on October 18, 2009, 12:15:25 PM
I want to welcome cullyhanna back into the c ship.lol. f**k THE COUNTYBOARD AND ALL BELONGING TO THEM...

What is meant here BOTN are they lifting the ban on them..
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Goats Do Shave

paul mcgrane made his comeback, scoring the opening point of the game today in Newtown for Ballyhegan. Unfortunately Davitt's still lost 10 - 7 to the intermediate champions. Kevin O'Rourke score taking the difference. Need to beat the Bridge next week to stay up!

reload

Quote from: ogshead on October 14, 2009, 10:58:14 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on October 14, 2009, 10:30:32 PM
Quote from: ogshead on October 14, 2009, 09:44:03 PM
Just read in the Gazzette today that Beefer thinks thinks that the Ogs had the easier route to the final. What does everyone else think of that. I never get bogged down over how teams get to finals but thinking about the Ogs played Carrickcruppin (finished 3rd in the league behind Ogs and Cross), then Cross themselves (nothing needed to be said there) and then Clann Eireann (about the only perceived weak game). Obviously, the Ogs fancied their chances big time against Clann Eireann it was still a tough campaign so far (and will be tougher by Sunday). Harps played 2 div 2 teams on the way and a Clan na Gael team that's rebuiling. So... what's the verdict??

Off the top of my head, there were four Division One teams in our half of the draw, i.e. St Pats, Clans, Dromintee and Mullabawn. I think there were five Division One sides in the Ogs side of the draw, including themselves of course.

In my humble opinion, and looking at our opponents, Granemore would be a better side than Carrickcruppen and Clann Eireann, whilst Ballymacnab, again in my opinion, would be better than Clann Eireann and at least on a par with Carrickcruppen.  Rangers of course would be superior to any of these sides by a distance.

If each opponent was to be given a difficulty rating out of ten, then I don't think there would be a lot of difference when the totals of each Championship run are added up. However that does not reflect on the achievement of the Ogs overcoming Rangers.

To be honest, both sides are there on merit, and the respective difficulties of their Championship runs is not really relevant to Sunday anyway.

I realise that, just thought I'd raise the point to see what other people thought. He mentioned it in the context that the Ogs would be complacent due to their easier run to the final. Think he was talking a load of cack anyway

reload

bennydorano

Congrats to Ogs, cant have any complaints.  After playing very well in the first half we just failed to appear for the second. 

Well done to minors, who won while giving their poorest performance of the year, a good sign I suppose that you can still win doing that.  Our 4th title of the decade, if we can harness the talent we have we shouldn't be long till we're back at senior level.

Good luck to the Ogs in the Ulster, they'll have to step it up bit time for that.

Harpo

Quote from: bennydorano on October 18, 2009, 06:06:37 PM
Congrats to Ogs, cant have any complaints.  After playing very well in the first half we just failed to appear for the second. 

Well done to minors, who won while giving their poorest performance of the year, a good sign I suppose that you can still win doing that.  Our 4th title of the decade, if we can harness the talent we have we shouldn't be long till we're back at senior level.

Good luck to the Ogs in the Ulster, they'll have to step it up bit time for that.

Have to agree with everything Benny said.  The better team won, Harps unfortunately didn't perform on the day.  Congratulations to the Ogs!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Congratulations to Pearse Ógs. Poor quality game but they were much the better side. Harps' only decent spell came towards the end of the first half when a couple of late points sent them in level at 0-4 each but Harps didn't even get a score in the second half.

Thought Pearse Ógs were just the all round stronger side and produced just enough quality to see them over the line. Marc Cullen and Anto Duffy produced two fine second half scores and but for some wayward shooting they'd have won by far more. Harps will be kicking themselves - didn't do themselves justice at all today and poorly as they played, had they converted a couple of great point chances within a minute of each other in the second half at 0-7 to 0-4, it could have been a different result.

Thought Paudie Hughes had a good game as ref but contributed significantly to the late row which resulted in boths ides being reduced to 14 by not blowing for a clear free to Harps early enough.

Fair play to Ógs anyway - very much the deserving champions and despite today not being a great game, they might do well enough in Ulster.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

torres

WELL DONE TO PEARSE OGS , COUNTY CHAMPIONS OF ARMAGH .

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 18, 2009, 02:30:24 PM
paul mcgrane made his comeback, scoring the opening point of the game today in Newtown for Ballyhegan. Unfortunately Davitt's still lost 10 - 7 to the intermediate champions. Kevin O'Rourke score taking the difference. Need to beat the Bridge next week to stay up!

be some escape 4 newtown to stay up now.  would feel sorry for ballythegan to go down, think newtown have got alot of their points when teams have been going through the motions at end of season.  thought if balyhegan cant beat an already relegated bridge they have no one else to blame

charlie stubbs

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 18, 2009, 06:11:37 PM
Congratulations to Pearse Ógs. Poor quality game but they were much the better side. Harps' only decent spell came towards the end of the first half when a couple of late points sent them in level at 0-4 each but Harps didn't even get a score in the second half.

Thought Pearse Ógs were just the all round stronger side and produced just enough quality to see them over the line. Marc Cullen and Anto Duffy produced two fine second half scores and but for some wayward shooting they'd have won by far more. Harps will be kicking themselves - didn't do themselves justice at all today and poorly as they played, had they converted a couple of great point chances within a minute of each other in the second half at 0-7 to 0-4, it could have been a different result.

Thought Paudie Hughes had a good game as ref but contributed significantly to the late row which resulted in boths ides being reduced to 14 but not blowing for a clear free to Harps early enough.

Fair play to Ógs anyway - very much the deserving champions and despite today not being a great game, they might do well enough in Ulster.

congrats to the ogs big test for them against the favourites for ulster st galls.  all the best to them

AFS

Pretty poor match, even given the weather. Ogs definitely worthy winners but to be honest, I don't they had to stretch themselves all that much. Harps were extremely disappointing, particularly up front. Four points, none from play and none in the second half, tells its own story.

With the way Ogs play they could give Ulster a good rattle. They're similar to Cross - very tight defensively with one or two marquee forwards. A good defence is a lot more useful than free scoring attack in winter football.

stew

This is eaactly what i thought would happen, the Harps and the Ogs play in a tight affair that was poor in quality and the ogs would win by a few points.  :'(

fair play to the Ogs, to beat Cross in the champioship is some feat and I hope they go on now and give Ulster a ratle.

The toby jug will be flat out the night and me aul mate paul Houlie is probably quaffing pints  there as we speak.

Well done the Ogs and I am very disappointed for the harps lads, our day will come.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 18, 2009, 07:43:53 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 18, 2009, 02:30:24 PM

be some escape 4 newtown to stay up now.  would feel sorry for ballythegan to go down, think newtown have got alot of their points when teams have been going through the motions at end of season.  thought if balyhegan cant beat an already relegated bridge they have no one else to blame
any result from tones and maghery charlie

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on October 13, 2009, 10:12:43 PM
think the game on sunday will be nip and tuck for most of the game with plenty of fouling with paudie making plenty of stoppages and bookings. ;) >:( when the game settles down with 10mis to go ::) i think ogs will have to much in the tank and maybe tag 3/4 scores in a row dont think harps have enough in forward line to do the same especially the way ogs defence have been playing this year.. any betting on a red card for sunday would put the morgage on jp donnelly ;D
game went exactly as i thought with ogs just that bit better on the day at taking their chances harps had plenty of the ball but had little up front to put scores on the board with p.toal having a stinker and when they took off their best forward in lennon (who had scored 2 frees and a 45) the game was over ??? jp didnt let the crowd down lived up to his reputation ;D :D ;)