Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wats that 4 ref

2nights game depends on which team plays to their potential. if the clans team that played the last 10/15 mins show up fom the start they not be far away, if the harps play the way they can, then they be hard to stop. i think be between the two forward lines myself because both are their strongest lines so i going to stick with the north and go for clans ...just.

torres

HARPS LEAD 3-6 - 0-5 at half time

Harpo

Harps won 3-11 to 1-12.  Well done to the Harps.  Thought they were going to let Clans back into it at the start of the second half letting them score five unanswered points!!!

lurganblue

Harps win easy. Fair play to them. The three goals killed the clans. We only managed to play for about ten mins in the second half and in truth I think the harps could have went up a gear but didn't need to.

Didn't see what happened for Nash to be sent off but obviously quigley did. Anyone see it?

Harpo

Yeah he was punching Harps No. 10 Ultan Lennon in the stomach right in front of lines man.........silly!!!  thought it would only have been a yellow though.

judas1

well done dynesy & marty and all the lads, great win!!!

rolloutking

First half goals from the Harps killed the game. Some strange refereeing decisions though. He gave a wide from a Clans free which looked over and that would have brought the game to within four points. Was also no need to send off the Clans man at the end for the second yellow.

Heard some Clans people saying that the referee or linesman had said he was going to get the Clans number 7, Nash sent off, which dully happened?

Candyman

In fairness I know linesman Quigley can be a moron but Clans half back was cuttin the fcuk outta Ulty Lennon right in front of him!!!

On a lighter note, scream of the nite was harps half forward HARPO for the national anthem... Facing the wrong way with the chest out and the whole place in tears at him!!!! :D :D :D

rootthemout

good win tonight,thought we were going to blow it again at one stage,wewere slow to get going at start of each half and fair play to clans really came at us in 2nd half,thought if they got a goal we would be in trouble,have to say a good clans midfield,we couldnt get our hands on ball for ten minutes in second half but goals win games and we got them early and gave us a good half time lead,will have to improve to beat granemore,they have already turned us over twice this year but with boys getting fitter and wee joe to come back in think we can take them.

illdecide

Well done Harps and good luck in the semi's. The best team won on the night and we can't have any complaints, as someone stated the goals killed us off especially as the first two were really bad errors from the Clans defence but thats the way it goes as I'm sure the Harps forwards putting pressure on them contributed to the errors. The Clans have a very young team with the exception of one or two and they will (hopefully) learn from this for the coming years...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

congrats to the harps. obviously gutted but they deserved it, better team on the night, hope u's go on and win it now.
Two of the goals i thought were gifted to the harps, and we just made it hard for ourselves. We showed some character in the 2nd half but it just wasn't to be. as illdecide says we have youth on our side and this team will be back!

torres

the harps would be big favourites to progress to meet the ogs in the final

Muhammed McCarthy

Firstly well done to Harps, deserved win on the night, but have to perform for full hour to have any chance against Granemore.
Felt sending off of Clans No7 was harsh, Harps cleaned at midfield and with former Harps manager at Granemore I feel Harps are there for the taking.
Harps management lacking in experience through no fault of their own....yet years of experience at clubs disposal if only they would ask.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: torres on September 18, 2009, 11:16:18 PM
the harps would be big favourites to progress to meet the ogs in the final

:D

emainmacha

Some Pics from Harps V Clans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157622281906591/detail/

Didn't catch the sending off as was following the ball at the time, was told by a neutral that there was a punch thrown straight in front of linesman.

Thought there was no need for the abuse the linesman got from fans, from the sending off till the end of game, with some coming down to the fence to shout abuse with only minutes to go and this from people with enough years on them to know better.