Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

corn02

actually now that I think about it , it is his brother there is just a big age gap.

nutsy--1

Division 2 team plays Division 3 team in under 21 champ final, it shows how much the big clubs care bot dis tournament. with a bit of effort a team like crossmaglen should walk this every year.
Good result for madden last nite, wouldn mind seeing them win it.

corn02

Will you og away and wise up. The two teams are in the final because they deserve to be. What impact would a senior team have on an u21 team? Every team takes it serious.

AFS

Cross took it pretty serious after the final whistle when they were beat by Cruppen last week  :-\

nutsy--1

they do deserve to be in the final, i just think the bigger teams should be winning this tournament. Looking back at the minor final in previous years the winners being cross and cullyhana should these not be the big teams in this??

corn02

Did Madden not win the minor championship or something a few years ago, I could be wrong. But Cruppen are defending champions of course and have much of the same team. Bigger teams are not always the best at underage. Dromintee would never have set the world alight at underage. Cullyhanna are probably on the same scale as Cruppen so I don't see why they shouldbe there instead.

nutsy--1

Cruppin beat us last year in the first round by a point r two they didn't seem very special as our team was no more than average with one main player. they went on to win the champ deservedly.
im tryn to say that a team with a few goods players and trains reguraly have a good chance of going very far.
Don't think madden have won very much at minor in a long while

corn02

I get where you are coming from and usually the bigger clubs do dominate from minor up as many players feature on the senior players.

What club are you btw? Both teams are there on merit and it should be a good game.

bubbles

it is in the rules that county players should be playing this sunday as it is within the 13 day rule. the county management have however said that they do not want the county players playing. so with the dromintee and killeavy game i think that any of the clubs who have county players can call the game off as technically the county players should be playing with their club. this is a relegation battle and would not be fair on either team to play without their county players when it is in the rules that they should be playing. think thats right

Goats Do Shave

The county board should have moved the matches till the Friday or Saturday night. This allows the county men to play & also allows the remaining club players to enjoy their week end!

The Tyrone County Board aren't afraid to make these changes... whay is ours!???  >:(

doire na raithe

The so-called 'big teams' all take this competition very seriously. Thats rubbish to say that they don't. Sure the u21 championship can breed later success at senior level if harnessed correctly. Who do you consider big teams? Cross and Dromintee were both in the semis? Cruppen are a senior championship side, the reigning u21 champions and they are in the final? The only team you are really questioning here is Madden and I've heard reports that this particular group were good at underage level.

Quote from: Candyman on May 29, 2008, 09:15:28 AM
Quote from: corn02 on May 29, 2008, 09:01:33 AM
Madden 0-18 Dromintee 1-7

No complaints, the better team won. Can not fault the Dromintee lads for effort but Madden's shooting was simply superb. 18 points over the hour, the majority from play, and I can only remember about three wides.

Their number seven was brilliant and looks a real talent, does anyone know who he is?

Dromintee had a couple of good performers, including DnR's brother who was very good.

He says he's 58??? There's defo something not right there......  ;D

He's my half-brother. Our da is a bit of a ladies man, got his Ma pregnant when she was 19 and he was 68. Some of you silverbridge or Cross ones are bound to be familiar with these sort of seedy rural goings-on.

bubbles

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 29, 2008, 12:03:56 PM
The county board should have moved the matches till the Friday or Saturday night. This allows the county men to play & also allows the remaining club players to enjoy their week end!

The Tyrone County Board aren't afraid to make these changes... whay is ours!???  >:(

think even if the games were switched the county management would still not allow the county players to play which is a joke

Goats Do Shave

He's my half-brother. Our da is a bit of a ladies man, got his Ma pregnant when she was 19 and he was 68. Some of you silverbridge or Cross ones are bound to be familiar with these sort of seedy rural goings-on.

LEGEND!  :D

winsamsoon

I would agree to a certain extent bubbles, However the whole idea of this new league system was to ensure that fixtures were not going to pile up at the end of the year. If for example the relegation in the league came down to the final day. Dromintee and Killeavy both needed only a point from their last game and it just so happens to be against each other. If this game were to finish level and both teams stayed up, couldn't you imagine the uproar.

I acknowledge that county committments are a lot of hassle for clubs. We had the same problem with Marsden and O Hagan but we always played our league fixtures and were indeed relegated one year(though this wasn't the only cause) .

It seems to be the same teams each season postponing games willy nilly and this only leads to mounting tensions at the end of the season. The only way to stop this is to play the games when they are supposed to be played, unless a valid reason occurs which has not been made clear on here at any time. There was supposed to be some two week rule implemented aswell if i am not mistaken and this will have to be abandoned in the killeavy case as Armagh will again be playing.

Oh and crossfire i never said i had a degree in English but once again well done for pointing out a spelling mistake. I am glad you read my posts with such scrutiny and enthusiasm.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.