Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

Yes i do agree there is much more flexibility since Peter & Co took charge . Suppose in a way you could point the finger at the county board. Maybe yesterdays games should have been fixed for sat night. I know the Harps asked Mullabawn to switch and they refused obviously they new swift and veron would  have had a roll to play in yesterdays friendly. I dont blame mullabawn for not switching, all clubs like to get as many points on the board as possible to ensure premier football the following year. 

Next week we will be short again with Armagh away to their training camp.     
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Legs11

POG....ne word on the young silverbridge lad who was near beat the death by 15 cullyhanna scum sun nite.. i hear hes a blood clot in his brain am i rite...hope he recovers

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Legs11 on May 05, 2008, 09:30:58 PM
POG....ne word on the young silverbridge lad who was near beat the death by 15 cullyhanna scum sun nite.. i hear hes a blood clot in his brain am i rite...hope he recovers
I've heard the same and that he's been moved to Belfast. 
I don't think it needs to be said that everyone's thoughts will be with him, I believe his crime was just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghtrue

great game in portadown yesterday, end to end stuff and high scoring.  some excellent scores with paul carville on form for tirnanog. game should have been over with 5 mins left but ref tried his best to even the game up. div 2 looking interesting now with a few teams on a run of good results.

Goats Do Shave

QuoteBallyhegan 1-15; Tullysaran 1-10

Both teams were under strength, but produced a fairly entertaining affair in perfect conditions in Ballyhegan on Sunday evening!

The star of the game was Ballyhegan's Paul Courtney, who scored 1.5 from midfield - all his points coming from outside 50 meters!!

Hank Everlast

Courtney was lethal on sunday i have to agree, scored 1.05 and he only takes the long distant frees!!  Give away a foul anywhere in your own half and 9 times outta 10 its over the bar!

el_cuervo_fc

That must have been a quare row at the Harps game.  were you invovled Candyman??? ;)

Goats Do Shave

Was chatting to Paddy Grimes, he was thumped from spectators who'd jumped the fence!!!  :-\

Real1995

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 06, 2008, 09:20:25 AM
Was chatting to Paddy Grimes, he was thumped from spectators who'd jumped the fence!!!  :-\

Well that is absol B.S, the row happened at the away end, so he must hav been hit by his own supporters then...such rubbish
Nice guys always finish second!

illdecide

A good brawl once or twice a year does no harm, as long as no-one gets hurt it keeps a bit of rivalry and intensity to the game. Them bawn men are no strangers to the odd fight, i can remember in a free for all with them in Keady (championship match) and being surrounded by 4 or 5 of them thinking i'm f***ed here but it worked out ok :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Real1995 on May 06, 2008, 09:39:48 AM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 06, 2008, 09:20:25 AM

Well that is absol B.S, the row happened at the away end, so he must hav been hit by his own supporters then...such rubbish

I don't see why he would lie?  ???

Real1995

Well i dont see why i should lie either?? ??? I saw no Mullaghbawn supporters on the pitch! At the end of the day i was at the game and i witnessed it with my own two eyes and i aint depending on a second rate story from someone else... Anyway the two teams had a bit of a fight...if u were at the game you would have seen that there was no bad blood at final whistle..  we are big boys here goats...what happens on the field stays on the field and thats the way it dis
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

The little guy that got the hiding from the cullyhanna lads, was this as a result of the bad blood spilling over from the games the teams have played?? If this is the case then this is an absolute disgrace. Once issues like this start coming off the field then we should seriously ask ourselves what are we involved in. I wouldn't know the circumstances of the row but 15 lads beating one lad is nothing but vicious and barbaric. This happened a few years back with my club and Tir Na Nog both teams played at Portadown in the minor championship and there was trouble at the game. A couple of weeks later it escalated at a bar in lurgan but thankfully no one was hurt to the extent of this lad by the looks of things. If this has happened as a result of the football match a while back then these Cullyhanna guys need to take a look at themselves for they have brought nothing but shame to their club and families. Hope that lad recovers our prayers are with him.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 04, 2008, 12:22:48 PM
Fair enough corn lad the better team won. But you have to question that decision against marsden  ??? Things are not going very well this year to date. we would need to be getting our act together

What way were the clans for numbers win? obviously bumpy was missing and i think someone said oldham has packed it in?

pintsofguinness

Winsam there's nothing to suggest it had anything to do with football. Just general scum looking for a row. something we've become use to in the area.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?