Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quotesomeone needs to take him down off it very soon and what ever way that needs to be done well fair be it
What's that suppose to mean?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

By the sounds of it he should have sent the physio off. Too abandon a game with thye two teams in the changing room is unbelivable.

Benny, not being cheeky but any chance of a report, missed the game.

winsamsoon

Can a physio be sent off?If so what happens if someone on that team gets a serious injury??? Then if a ref sends a physio off and a serious injury is incurred then the ref would be responsible. Perhaps this is why the game was abandoned for fear of another injury????

I wish that clown would have abandoned our game last night because at one stage it was like rugby. something will have to be done about this thrid man tackling. We would be a flowing football side but last night killeavy totally shut us down with persistent fouling the whole game. I don't think the ref booked three players. I don't know who the ref was either that was the first time we have got him.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteCan a physio be sent off?If so what happens if someone on that team gets a serious injury??? Then if a ref sends a physio off and a serious injury is incurred then the ref would be responsible.

Do teams have to have a physio though Win? Not sure evry club would, particularly down the divisions. If something serious happened, I'm sure the medical people from the Ogs would have helped out. Don't really think there is a logical explanation to this one. It was poor behaviour from our physio obviously but Paudie's lost the run of himself entirely.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rubberneck

If you were at a game and the ref sent off the physio and a serious incident happened, the physio couldn't enter the field to help  his own player would you as a ref feel happy to continue this game. i think this would pose serious health and safety issues and with that in mind i would have to agree RELUCTANTLY with Paudie on this count.

Lucky today to get the chance at the Ulster again. Peter made bad mistake using subs when the boys were leading upset to whole continuity of the team, played rite into Fermanagh's hands, why bring on McConville ??? bad move have we not got younger fresher legs on the bench not carring injuries that might have improved the game not weakened it, taking O'Rourke off  :o when he was playing well and then putting him on again when all was turning sour all too late didn't workout  ::)
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

Yes I Would

8 pts up of course Mc Donnell would have felt they would push on and win.
Kernans time was up. He didnt get himself into the game as he had done previously.
I only hope he put Mc Conville on as he was 100% fit  and had been training flat out and not for any notion of sentiment to have him playing in another winning Ulster final side.

Marty O Rou, seemd to take a heavy enough knock, and can only think it was for this reason that he was replaced, cos when he left the team looked flat!!

Rubberneck

Championship games for this sunday coming will have to be moved now cuz of the replay, chance's are they'll be this friday or sat that'll play havock with the leagues too
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

bennydorano

Quote from: corn02 on July 19, 2008, 08:51:22 PM
By the sounds of it he should have sent the physio off. Too abandon a game with thye two teams in the changing room is unbelivable.

Corn, you may wait for Rufus's report.  I thought the Fella Peadar in MF was excellent for Dromintee, what is the story with Vincey Martin - only fit for the last 15?  A few years ago while an U21 county player I thought he was destined for very big things.  Yer man Ronan(dont know his surname) was good until going off injured.  COR's goal was the difference, knocked the stuffing out of us. 

The league table never lies, but if we got a full team out for the championship (with Peadar Toal, Jungle McKee, Simon Lennon, Liam McAuley-all injured at the minute) we should fear nobody - Cross probably a step too far but.

Uladh

topical enough - two men straight red carded in the donegal roscommon game today. everyone mystified as noone saw anything, including players apparently. referee admitted afterwards that he saw neither but that he acted on the instruction of his linesman in both cases. you guessed it.... step forward paudie hughes!

Onion Bag

Anyone got full club results for the weekend, and updated tables
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2008, 12:51:58 AM
Quote from: corn02 on July 19, 2008, 08:51:22 PM

Corn, you may wait for Rufus's report.  I thought the Fella Peadar in MF was excellent for Dromintee, what is the story with Vincey Martin - only fit for the last 15?  A few years ago while an U21 county player I thought he was destined for very big things.  Yer man Ronan(dont know his surname) was good until going off injured.  COR's goal was the difference, knocked the stuffing out of us. 

The league table never lies, but if we got a full team out for the championship (with Peadar Toal, Jungle McKee, Simon Lennon, Liam McAuley-all injured at the minute) we should fear nobody - Cross probably a step too far but.

I really can't work out who Peader is Benny, wasn't a boy called Wavin by any chance?  Vincey had flu' and probably shouldn't have played at all, I heard he done well though. Ronan is Ronan McCoy and he is playing well this year. Secod time in two yeears COR has saved us at Abbey Park.

On paper, Harps have probably the second best team in Armagh.

holylandsniper

O'Hare corn???

If it is a 16/17 year old lad who is showing great signs of becoming an outrstanding player for the future any time i seen him play at underage/U21 level in recent years, cant believe though he's made it to seniors ias that would have been his senior debut Friday night. From all accounts he'd a great game as did another minor player F Murphy at wing half back

Aghdavoyle

Yeah Paedar O'Hare Corn. still minor next year and was making his senior debut at midfield friday night.

nashville

I would like to see how a full strength harps team (something along the lines below) would do if Armagh were out in first round of Championship with no back-door i.e. May. A whole season together. Obviously this is fantasy stuff as injuries and suspensions or county duty will always happen, but its nice to dream, rather than face the harsh reality of Division 2...

W. McSorley
M. McConville. M. Gill. L. McAuley
Chucky. Vernon. Jungle.

McKinney. Holmes.

Mini. Nippy. Peadar.
Joe. Kelly. S. Lennon (3rd midfielder)

Then you are looking at a bench consisting of Kevin Daly (possibly a starter), Paddy Grimes, Marty McCoy, G. McDonagh, Ebby Toal, Ultan Lennon, Sean Morrison (probably a starter ahead of S. Lennon), Gareth Richards.. thats only the start of the subs... of course nearly every other team in Division 1 can boast a similarly/more impressive line-up/bench with every single player available, but still its nice to dream..

Would certainly put that team as favourites in a match against any other team in the county outside of Cross, Ogs and Dromintee.

nashville

Sorry just realised, I thought I was in the Harps thread, before someone tells me off.. :P