Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on January 04, 2017, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: El Jefe on January 04, 2017, 09:15:24 AM
Heard The Heath voted through the amalgamation with Timahoe last night but afterwards got word that there's now some problem with it from the Timahoe end?

Heard there was an issue with lads who prefer hurling looking to leave, weather thats the issue with timahoe i dont know, but i couldnt imagine them being happy about the footballers being granted a gales team and the hurlers not

Correct , unlikely now the amalgamation will happen before the deadline date for clubs  to register .

border

Did anybody else hear about clonad looking to join with colt at adult level now as well as juvenile.I hear there is a lot of discontent with the idea in colt.has shanahoe and ballypickas definitely joined up or is it only pub talk.

Downtheroad

Quote from: les Antiques on January 04, 2017, 01:01:42 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on January 04, 2017, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: El Jefe on January 04, 2017, 09:15:24 AM
Heard The Heath voted through the amalgamation with Timahoe last night but afterwards got word that there's now some problem with it from the Timahoe end?

Heard there was an issue with lads who prefer hurling looking to leave, weather thats the issue with timahoe i dont know, but i couldnt imagine them being happy about the footballers being granted a gales team and the hurlers not

Correct , unlikely now the amalgamation will happen before the deadline date for clubs  to register .
Surely they can sort it over the next 2 weeks.

Ballyroan Abbey

Heard that clonad put in the application alright, could be a way of pleasing young bergin maybe, genuinely cant see colt allowing it happen, shanahoe and ballypickas is a done deal, they are going with one trainer for both clubs and training together by all accounts

hurlingmad

Quote from: Don Draper on January 04, 2017, 12:51:27 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 04, 2017, 12:28:50 PM

Johnny should have got regular games from 6/7 years old. Did he?
If he didn't, he's long gone by now.
lol poor little johnny

hurlingmad

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on January 04, 2017, 06:41:57 PM
Heard that clonad put in the application alright, could be a way of pleasing young bergin maybe, genuinely cant see colt allowing it happen, shanahoe and ballypickas is a done deal, they are going with one trainer for both clubs and training together by all accounts

Is this for the Senior A championship or will they field teams at junior a or b level also? Anybody hear anything on the castletown gaels or castletown/slieve bloom merger that was in talks?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: hurlingmad on January 04, 2017, 07:44:50 PM

Is this for the Senior A championship or will they field teams at junior a or b level also? Anybody hear anything on the castletown gaels or castletown/slieve bloom merger that was in talks?

Welcome back T. Crilly!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 04, 2017, 08:26:35 PM

Welcome back T. Crilly!
Cup of tea father? I dont get you sorry?

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 04, 2017, 08:26:35 PM

Welcome back T. Crilly!
i see now, dont worry im not T crilly

burdizzo

Anybody hear anything on the castletown gaels or castletown/slieve bloom merger that was in talks?
[/quote]

Heard about it, all right, but I heard it's not happening now.

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 05, 2017, 09:03:26 PM
Quote from: hurlingmad on January 05, 2017, 06:31:57 PM
thank you for the reply, probably no point as ben conroy is the only one they would most likely benefit from and he wouldnt he able to get it all his own way at senior level just yet

Oh now, I'm not sure T Crilly would agree with this!
Didn't you , I mean he, have him in the Top 3 players in the county?
Where did that thread ever go to?!
What on earth is your problem? 2 replys now where i wasnt interacting with you and you saying im t crilly, please stop so i can enjoy the thread like everyone else

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 05, 2017, 09:26:59 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on January 05, 2017, 09:07:20 PM

I though that alright, just from what i heard from the shanahoe/ballypickas thing they were going with the first option which wouldnt have been done before, also heard abbeyleix still havnt found a trainer yet

It's a novel way of doing it, but it makes sense if true.
I'd imagine both teams would have small numbers. It would share the burden of paying for a trainer and training costs, would increase camaraderie and it would give those from the smaller club an excellent chance at making the Gaels team.

What happened with the Tyrell fella from last year?

Left of his own accord, believe there was a money issue

Helix

Quote from: Uisce on January 06, 2017, 10:09:32 AM
Clonaslee and Annanough was in the pipeline but has fallen through and The Heath and Timahoe has gone too at the last minute! Is there any Gaels teams actually going ahead??

There's talk Colt and clonad at senior b hurling as a gaels possibly. Would be a good one considering they're in same parish. Did barrowhouse and Kileen talk mount to anything about a gaels team?

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

clonadmad

Heath/Timahoe death in the water

Despite both sets of players and Heath committee on board

El Jefe