Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILikeStrawberryJam

"There is nothing wrong with the talent level in Laois" .. jaysus ballyroanabu .. the underage results from the last decade would suggest otherwise .. if we had everyone fit wed be a good division3 team or a bad division2 team .. I'm with Tony and don ..talent is no there .. sack creedon if u want but it might or mightnt make a small difference .. but we do not have the players anymore .. your living in the past .. we have no real defenders .. without donie we are dreadfully limited up front .. and we arecommend an aging team .. I think division 3 is our level for the foreseeable.. I'll continue to support the team no matter what division they are in but I'm realistic about where laois football is now

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 17, 2017, 11:37:48 AM
At this stage I would go for a complete miracle shot, in an ideal world Clancy and McNulty but they are not coming out of their club jobs.   If money was not an object Jim McGuinness if we go outside we need to think big.   If cheap and doable, I like Higgins but I would think a bit of experience longside like Jason Ryan would not be an issue.  But if gun to my head Clancy and McNulty.   I really think Clancy has something special and we would be stupid not to give him the job at some point.
[/quote

That's what I said if money was no object, it is a problem I am well aware of it. 

Creedon should get the chop now , he won't but I think the selection policy should really look at inside the county and the coaches that are getting results.

BallyroanAbu

Talent is there,  peanuts been spent on bringing them on.  I easily think we could be comfortable in Div 2 with what's available.  Tony spent the last 6 months telling me I was a fool and a clown at various points.  Now he resorted to the talent is not there well I am telling you we could operate easily in Div 2 with what's available.  We do need a over arching development manager to see what we are doing and where we are going so that we are developing players to fit our needs.  But first our senior team needs to get results.  If all you can aspire to is been sh..t then that's what you will be.

I said this in September rings a little more true today, Tony called me an idiot then also.
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 27, 2016, 09:00:19 AM
How can saying this appointment is a waste of time be stupid, at worst it's a different opinion.  Peter Creedon is  a low profile appointment who will at best keep us in Division 3 at worst relegate us to Division 4.   The County Board by going this way is continually showing short-term behavior when have they stopped and asked what is going wrong with Laois Football ? They have continually kept their heads down and avoided criticism they are volunteers and maybe that is not in their remit.  But under their stewardship Laois Football is now at it's lowest point in over 30 years.  So if you think Peter Creedon is going to sort all this by being a good manager well good for him.  I just think Laois Football is in bigger trouble than just needing a new manager.  I think at this stage we are very much like Offaly which is quite amazing considering where we were over 4 years ago.  It wont be too long before people on here are dancing

Ballyroan Abbey

That's what I said if money was no object, it is a problem I am well aware of it. 

Creedon should get the chop now , he won't but I think the selection policy should really look at inside the county and the coaches that are getting results.
[/quote]

I dont know if this is your agenda or not but a new trainer wont lead to more ballyroan abbey lads playing county lads your aware of that

High Fielder

It's a waste of money however much it costs. Lads come and go and the ones that are there are trying to do the right thing. Fair play to them, but the majority of them are ordinary enough footballers. None of our players would get into the top sides because none of them are the complete package. I'd be happier if we folded up the tent at this moment in time and didn't play in the Championship. We haven't the first idea what we're doing and it's pitiful watching what little talent we have being pissed down the drain. Offaly are in the same boat, Carlow Westmeath and Longford similarly. Between the whole lot of us we wouldn't have a decent team so f**k knows exactly why we are bothering. I'm not even bothered any more if it's Division 4 or 2 that we play in. Either way, we are wasting money and going nowhere.

Oh and by the way, today was maddening. Antrim were sitting ducks even with an extra man.

BallyroanAbu

Who from Ballyroan get on it bar McMahon or Tynan at a push?

Now I have an agenda?, I don't care who get Laois Job as long as if your a young man from Laois with a bit of ambition that you are given a more that fair shake.  Which if you knew anything about the appointments is far from what is happening.  Tell me who appointed Creedon,  & TOF and on what  basis and targets,  then tell me I am wrong.

High Fielder

You're peddling false hope Ballyroan. The players are not there and neither are the coaches to coach them. You're one of many who rate Laois football and it's footballers too highly

Tony

You're talking nonsense Ballyroan. You don't even realise you're contradicting yourself. You said "I just think Laois Football is in bigger trouble than just needing a new manager" but yet, given the amount of trouble we're in, you still want a man gone after a few months for not working a miracle?

I thought we'd be doing better at this stage as well, to be fair. But at full strength we have an average team so what are we when we miss 6-8 of our top performers. I'm not delighted with Creedon's performance but you have to be objective sometimes and realise the talent aint there. We're struggling like over 20 other counties. It's the norm. The gap is getting bigger between the likes of Laois, Offaly and Longford vs the elite.

BallyroanAbu

If you remember Tony it was the nature of the appointment, back then I said we should be appointing internal candidates to reignite the passion in Laois Football.  I suppose you are clutching at straws.   To be honest I like the banter with you all but I do wonder why your stuck on Creedon?

Secondly why appointing young fellas with a bit of passion within the county is such a bad thing I know they are high risk but honestly where is the downside.  if we are successful I could get your view but where we are at this moment I don't. 

TP Ashe

Has the talent pool at underage completely dried up?
Or, as I personally suspect, have we for the best part of the last decade employed two full-time football GDAs who have summarily failed to bring through well-rounded footballers on a consistent basis? I do not understand how our GDAs get their yearly contracts renewed every year with no questions asked. Their role seems vague and incompatible with the needs of our adult teams.

Footballers with natural ability like the Kingstons, Moores, O' Carrolls etc will always come through but even despite their own fine talents, they each have deficits in certain areas. Have they and their likes gotten the coaching they would have received in say Tipperary?

It's perplexing looking at our underage development panels and the lack of consistency and cohesive planning. No defensive blueprint, no basic starting blocks in terms of work rate or graft and then history repeating itself every couple of years with promising teams getting turned over in the hot heat of Championship battle at minor or u21 level.

I know it's easy beat on County Boards and Officials who at the end of the day are volunteers but there's something rotten within Laois GAA. At best it's basic ineptitude; at worst it's wilful negligence.

bannside

Where's County Man? Quite a descending post you put up towards us on 17th Feb. Especially since we must have showed you something in the qualifiers in Portlaoise in July 15. Anyway all still to play for in this very competitive division where ALL teams are capable of beating each other!

Tony

It is a bit of craic at the end of the day BallyRoanAbu, but yes we do all want the best for Laois football. Nobody died but we're in a poor state in football and hurling and that's been the case for a while. I was one of Mick Lillis' biggest critics last year as I genuinely thought he was a nice man but totally not up to the job. I'm not going to run Creedon as, you have to admit, we've been woefully unlucky with injuries. He's been dealt a very very poor hand, I can't remember a year we had it so bad with injuries. But most importantly, I know he's a smart with good experience and wants what's best for Laois (I dont care what he's paid). Fair enough, if Jim McG was waiting in the wings to come in, I'd say do it, but when you name Clancy, Higgins etc as replacements, it's clear that's not going to solve anything. The players really like the setup, that's a fact. They're trying hard, that's also a fact. But the most important fact is that without our 4-6 top performers (and likely more now with Donie and Stephen out for the next game) we're going to struggle in any division. I don't see how you can just ignore that.

Peter Creedon post Antrim: https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/peter-creedon-post-antrim

town1980

Tony draper ballyroan abbey to me yee are absolute clowns on here,,, yere level of no how and maybe here insight of competitiveness is just a joke we av fu--ing  won one game yes persist with the notion of managers who av experience,, wat did creedon win abs nothing wat has Higgins won nothing mcnulty a championship winner with  portlaoise Clancy nothing ide rather give the Laois lads who won nothing chaps who won a final who competed at a high level who are young enough to no the game and relate to players than some old man  who Wundt enspire a fern mouse,,, yes knock ballyroan Abu but he makes more passionate sense than any of yee remits who for me haven't a clue,, waiting for a manager to win something heel be waiting yee g--shites

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on March 19, 2017, 10:57:08 PM
Tony draper ballyroan abbey to me yee are absolute clowns on here,,, yere level of no how and maybe here insight of competitiveness is just a joke we av fu--ing  won one game yes persist with the notion of managers who av experience,, wat did creedon win abs nothing wat has Higgins won nothing mcnulty a championship winner with  portlaoise Clancy nothing ide rather give the Laois lads who won nothing chaps who won a final who competed at a high level who are young enough to no the game and relate to players than some old man  who Wundt enspire a fern mouse,,, yes knock ballyroan Abu but he makes more passionate sense than any of yee remits who for me haven't a clue,, waiting for a manager to win something heel be waiting yee g--shites
Enjoy the hangover in the morning old friend.

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: town1980 on March 19, 2017, 10:57:08 PM
[/quote

have you ever considered the possibility that laois football isnt that good? o'flatherta, dempsey, micko, kearns, mcnulty, lillis and now creedon not good enough in the eyes of the supporters. Lets be honest the ratio of supporter demands/whinging to players ability is probably the worst in the country. I actually have the feeling that lads like yourself prefer the team loses so it gives you something to complain about. Relax a bit, it a game at the end of the day, just because someone have a different opinion to you doesnt make them a clown, the same way a person who has a simular opinion to you doesnt make them a genius. I suggest you may need more hobbies that dont upset you