Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welcomehome

was so disappointed leaving omoores park last night...Thought after beating armagh last,that we were going somewhere...too many passengers in my opinion,not up to senior standard.I no donie is talented,i thought some of his finishing was poor for such a talented footballer.We will be lucky to stay in division 3,if last night is anything to go by.....

town1980

We gave out about Lilia but this is worse,,,, go to the posts at xmas people saying set up is great all this crap in my mind..... the team has no plan look at tip pushed up on some kick outs didn't on others,,, a plan our team is a shambles full stop

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on February 26, 2017, 10:50:56 AM
We gave out about Lilia but this is worse,,,, go to the posts at xmas people saying set up is great all this crap in my mind..... the team has no plan look at tip pushed up on some kick outs didn't on others,,, a plan our team is a shambles full stop
Lillis was an abomination. Stop talking out your hole.

Don Draper

Quote from: Target Man on February 26, 2017, 10:03:27 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on February 26, 2017, 09:43:36 AM
Quote from: town1980 on February 25, 2017, 09:37:07 PM
And we're paying an outside manager for this??
Still better value for money than Lillis

On what basis? I wouldn't rule out Creedon being a success yet, but at the moment we are at least as bad as last year

I thought Donie Kingston and Kelly were good, not much to pick out other than that. Sideline slow to make changes, four if not five of our forwards struggled badly. Some of our younger players do not look ready. Buggie and O'Reilly I think have great potential but not performing at the moment. I find the selection of lutrell at midfield very strange, JOL actually played as a corner forward for a portion of second half.

Defensively we made silly errors, a couple of scores came from lads being drawn to ball rather than tracking own man

Surely Sean Moore worth giving a chance up front?

We have players to come back, but still these performances are worrying. Not showing enough quality up front to break down defences
Creedon has half a team. I'll judge him when he has the players available that the other lad had.

town1980

Players your talking about.. quigley 31 injured.. Timmons 31 injured.. meaney in and out of the team 31,,, Garry Walsh attitude is terrible was dropped last year for abusing management and has done the same this year... o Carroll yes good player but no where near fit...Meredith in America and o Connor in and out of the side,,,,. so wat else is there left ???? You work with wat you have and lads there is no plan in place

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on February 26, 2017, 11:06:36 AM
Players your talking about.. quigley 31 injured.. Timmons 31 injured.. meaney in and out of the team 31,,, Garry Walsh attitude is terrible was dropped last year for abusing management and has done the same this year... o Carroll yes good player but no where near fit...Meredith in America and o Connor in and out of the side,,,,. so wat else is there left ???? You work with wat you have and lads there is no plan in place
Your man had all those players last season and couldn't even find a pitch to train them on.

County Man

First of all we are missing a lot of big guns. Damien O'Connor, Brendan Quigley, Mark Timmons, Gary Walsh, Kevin Meaney, Evan O'Carroll. 

Second of all Tipperary were in an All Ireland semi final 6 months ago. They are a good team.

Good to see John O'Loughlin back though I doubt he is back at full fitness yet. Good to see Garett Dillion get a run out. Thought Davy Conway took his goal well.

While Tipperary were in control and fully deserved their win, we at least fought back form 6-1 down to level at 7 each early in 2nd half and again got back to one with ten minutes left 0-13 to 1-9.

Tipperarys goal was a lucky one just at the end.

We will have to improve on our shooting though and there were some sloppy passes at times.

Results should improve in March with our big guns starting to return.

BallyroanAbu

I have held fire on this year so far, last year I spent my time giving out about Lillis.
So this is where I am at
Plays Meath (lot of hope)
Plays Louth (hope lost, guy has obviously not watched Laois Football before looking at team he named)
Play Armagh (same as louth but Armagh have their own problems we fluke a win)
Play Tipperary (same again but this time its more torture as Creedon obviously hasn't a clue)
So here is where I am at anyone who sends out a team so unorganized and without any idea of balance clearly has no clue. 
There is very little defensive understanding, over reliant on inexperienced players and some big names being picked when they are under performing.
I am sure he possibly can turn things around but honestly he has Laois so naively set up I doubt it.
verdict a more organized version of Mick Lillis

town1980

Lilis  did it for nothing what are we paying this man for with same results?? That's my point,, how many of the current group would stay in last night I bet you over half were out boozing management issue again I think,, ,look we are in the doldrums odds on to go down my point is we're paying for a set up that act creedon  on can't back up tactically that's all

BallyroanAbu

Town to be honest I have thought about this a good bit over the last year,  Lillis regardless of payment was dreadful and the fact he was free does not take away from it.  Creedon looks equally dreadful and his been paid I suppose that means we are now into fool me once, fool me twice territory we are actually on the third time.  Blame clearly lies with county board. Or whoever is picking these managers and developing our overall football strategy from U14 up.

honest hurler

what i saw last night was no forward wanted to kick from 30 metres out what does this say lack of belief or what

ollie12

Some good news today. Conor meredith is back from new York for good.

Tony

Give the man a chance, couple of league games and u want him sacked. Roman abromovich would be better. We have to be realistic. We're missing a lot of players and even when we have them were only average. We just don't have the ability. How is this a surprise? I'm just content they're trying hard and lots more players back shortly. Cool the beans

BallyroanAbu

Tony always the same with you, ever the optimist.   

blueandwhite1

There is a clear difference between Lillis and Creedon. Lillis sounded like he just didn't know what was going on and how to address it. In fairness, Creedon does sound like he knows what he is about and his track record in Tipp stands for itself. He is credited with much of the underage and senior transformation down there. I think he will do a good a job as any manager could with these players and I would imagine he is hugely frustrated. The plan is clearly to defend in numbers, which we did well from time to time last night and turned over plenty of ball, and then to break at speed which we didn't have they players to do. We have developed a habit of running laterally and then stopping and hand passing around the fringes and don't have players other than maybe Evan O'Carroll that will take on a defence. I thought Tipp were average last night but at least when they had the ball they ran at pace and didn't pull up when they reached the 45.

The elephant in the room is how poor the quality of player at our disposal. We are now a division 3/4 team. Until there is an influx of new blood it is hard to see things improving. We must be one of the slowest paced teams in Ireland. The forwards movement last night was embarrassing as was the shot selection and execution.