Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

So if that's our investment and the county board is paying these men to train our team should they not be hauled in Monday morning and asked how r why we performed like that???? Any one in the stand could do that job as far as I cud see

theoldvet

ILikeStrawberryJam

They won every one of their kick outs. We didn't know whether to push up or stand off. Did neither and lost every kick out. They knew how to press our kick outs correctly forcing brody to go long and we lost most of those. That gave them a huge platform. Mgmt faults to get something so fundamental so fooking wrong.
They defended on mass and broke at speed. We had no defensive plan.
Louth are a well drilled average team and annihilated us on our home patch.
There's no point going into specific performances the problem was all over. A tactical mess. Want to give creedon time but Worring times.

Unlaoised

Just thawed out now baltic up there.

God lads that was terrible ..

Fitness levels poor .

Tactics non existent

Heart lacking

Speed of thought zero

I hate criticising county players when they give up so much but today they deserve it along with the manager .

I hope like after Galway we can respond with a positive result.

Ratings for what its worth

BRODY 7 One the better performers one superb save and decent in setting up attacks

FARRELL 5 Not a corner back poor under the high ball and very loose all night

BOOTH 5 Improved slighly in the second half but bad day for the number 3, gave his man too much room

KELLY 6 Probably best of  a bad bunch in the full back line was on a tricky player and done okay I thought

ATTRIDE 7 Laois's best player ,good energy and tried his best all night bar one slip which nearly cost a goal

BUGGIE 5 Like so many we have tried at number 6 was nowhere near solid enough did try hard to be fair

BEGLEY 6 Was okay in the first half but got frustrated and made poor decisions for someone so experienced

MEANEY 7 Thought he was decent and was starting to play well when subbed strange call by Creedon despite on yellow

STRONG 5 Unfamiliar postion for Darren and it showed,gave away far too many frees.Marks for not giving up

LUTTRELL 5 knocked off his first 3 balls failed to hold more.scored a point that should have been a goal#Raw

DORAN 5 Little came off for the Graigue man hard to see what his role was.Did show good energy on the field

DONOHER 5 Not one of his better nights.Picked out few nice passes but weak under the high ball and breaks

LOWRY 6 I thought he looked sharp showed quick hands to create 2 great goal chances.Poor shot selection at times

KINGSTON 6 Tried his best but got little or no service should have had a goal and missed one bad free.

CONWAY 7 Deserved the clap he got when subbed, worked his socks off and showed and won dirty ball.

SUBS
WALSH 6 Was going well until he pulled his hamstring hope he didnt do further damage staying on

O'Reilly 5 Ran with the ball well but down a blind alley too many times did try he best and 1 of the few to track runners

MCMAHON 5 Bringing him into a dodgy full back line with overlaps coming in waves wasn't a great call still great to have him back

MUNNELLY 5 Won a few frees and showed well for the ball might be still an option even at this stage

P.KINGSTON 4 Harsh mark for Paul but honestly don't remember his touching the ball.Still like him as a player

LILLIS 6 Probably best of the subs.Looked bit off the pace but won 3 kickouts and was strong on the ball .

CREEDON 4

Sorry peter but we lacked  a game plan ,We looked so unfit compared to Louth and some of the changes made no sense the same with team selection why Walsh and Lillis didnt start when we were missing so any experienced men i'll never know.

I know we are missing a spine to the team with injuries but Laois need to show much much more against what is an average Louth side.

Its early doors so I won't loose faith in him or my beloved Laois we have a great record in Armagh and I will travel in hope.

Well done to the Laois support up there tonight who stayed till the end it wasn't easy and as i said ealer bitterly  cold .

PS I DONT MEAN TO DISRESPECT ANY PLAYERS WITH MARKS .IM ONLY CALLING IT AS I SEE IT ,I GO TO NEARLY EVERY GAME AND LAOIS AND OUR PLAYERS WILL ALWAYS GET MY SUPPORT
LAOIS ABÚ

on the hop

They are in serious bother unlaoised, a lot of the young players are way off the pace and the senior players are not going to get better. The problems at underage for the past few years have finally come to roost. We are in free all.

Tonight to many round pegs in square holes even allowing for the injuries. So slow in everything we did, just going lateral. No pace in the team. No doubt Louth targetted us and we're just far sharper. Very disappointed with the senior players.

Ballyroan Abbey

Its the first round of the league lads with what was basically half a B team with all the injuries, in the space of one week opinion has went from promotion and all ireland quarter final to relegation to Division 4, once again laois supporters show themselves up to be one of the most fickle and demanding crowds in the land

Keyser Söze

I wasn't there and didn't see it, but don't panic.
Can't write Creedon or the players off after one game.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

on the hop

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 04, 2017, 11:47:28 PM
Its the first round of the league lads with what was basically half a B team with all the injuries, in the space of one week opinion has went from promotion and all ireland quarter final to relegation to Division 4, once again laois supporters show themselves up to be one of the most fickle and demanding crowds in the land

I am not fickle or demanding, I would like the team to be competitive, fit and have a game plan. i don't think that's much to ask for. This was worst than Clare in Ennis last year.2-16 at home to Louth, who got well beaten by dublins third string last week to me is not acceptable. They could and should have scored more.

Don Draper

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 04, 2017, 11:47:28 PM
Agreed. There's also a few pro Mick Lillis axes bring ground here tonight. The problems we have aren't of Creedons making. He deserves more hop than this, regardless of how pathetic our half a team played tonight.

BallyroanAbu

Sorry I am neither Mick Lillis or Peter Creedon, however the buck most definitely stops with Creedon.   All is not lost however getting off to a good start would have helped, personally I have always been an advocate for our own mangers good or bad.   We got beaten 12 points by Louth in division 3 I think we are pretty low as it goes.

T Fearon

never mind the result,Laois are progressing.They did not exceed the substitute quota last night.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: T Fearon on February 05, 2017, 08:18:56 AM
never mind the result,Laois are progressing.They did not exceed the substitute quota last night.
True. We can still only count to three. As in, how many times did we beat Armagh last year?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Butch Cassidy

Last night was very bad and although we were missing the spine of the team a few things were just not good enough

1) Tackling - How many times did Louth take a short kick out, handpass it down to the Laois 40m line without a Laois player tackling? Even with so many key men missing , Laois should be making it hard for teams. Creedon should have went full course press on the kick outs. Conceeding 2-16 at home is shocking. Do Laois have a defence coach?

2) Fitness - Again I know it's early days but Louth should not have a superior fitness level than Laois. You can bet Armagh will be another level up which is a big worry

3) Attack - no pace in our attacks let Louth double up on Donie and resulted in Laois having to take lot shots from out the field. Must have had 15 wides. We need to get Donie on the ball in good positions which I think happened twice. Creedon needs to sort out an attacking plan quickly.

No point slating lads after one game but having the right structures in place so we're competitive is what we want especially missing so many key men

town1980

We have every right to criticise that's a paying job is it not?? We all invest money into this set up whether it's going to the games or sponsorship etc so balleyroan abbey we can be as fickle as we like,,,, as stated I heard all this tripe about this great set up compared to Lilis and what a load of shite it actually was,,ceedon and selectors were clue less to Louth game plan there fitness levels were an absolute joke the players intensity was non existent add in no game plan it's a joke really ,,,that team was no where near motivated to compete so on last nights audition mr creedon failed

Tony

Terrible performance, but let's give them the league before we make too many assumptions shall we not. The short term memories on this sometimes are goldfish standard. That was a very very inexperienced team last night, lots of square pegs too etc. It was horrendous but calm down and Give it a chance. If we're still like this at end of league, bring on the criticism then. It's simply premature to write off the whole set up and a lot of the newer players based on one poor game in winter conditions.