Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinn

I don't think Tom shield Robbie Kehoe Martin Scully Pauric Mcevoy ,Mark O'Halloran Eoin Lowry or Matthew Campion are involved this year.m
No sure if Shane or Nigel Murphy are involved this year.
I would expect Paul Kingston to start if fit.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Is Ambrose Doran available or how many games do you miss after a red card sending off ??
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

The draw has been unkind to us considering the injuries we have.

We will need lads back as soon as possible because after Louth it's the division favourites Armagh and Tipp in quick succession. If these games go against us we can forget about any chance of going up.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Giovanni

I know it's hard to judge but based on what we saw in the O Byrne Cup, I wouldn't be too pessimistic!

ILikeStrawberryJam

Its hard to see us going up with an injury toll like that.
Hopefully we can blood some young lads and get some back after the tipp match
But by then the chance of promotion might be gone.
I was gonna back them at 11/4 to go up but youd have to fancy tipp and armagh now.
Regardless ill be there on saturday to shout them on

Laoiseabu

I taught I was seeing things when I saw that team that was announced this evening . I predict a Louth win sorry .

redsetanta

Interesting selection. Strong centrefield with Meaney. Donie at full forward, Lowry Starting.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Meant to say fair play to Courtwood, 2 starters from an intermediate club. Doesn't happen too often.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: redsetanta on February 02, 2017, 09:39:27 PM
Meant to say fair play to Courtwood, 2 starters from an intermediate club. Doesn't happen too often.
We've had two starters before! As have Timahoe in recent years. Actually I'd say it's possible three timahoe intermediates started for Laois in recent years. Culliton, Clancy and Quigley.
Delighted for Danny Luttrell. A reward for hard work.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

Remind me who they were Hesh. I assume it was when George Doyle was togging out.  Fair enough Timahoe have had the reps on the team but they were yoyoing berween senior and inter.

on the hop

Don Draper

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on February 02, 2017, 10:08:23 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on February 02, 2017, 09:39:27 PM
We've had two starters before! As have Timahoe in recent years. Actually I'd say it's possible three timahoe intermediates started for Laois in recent years. Culliton, Clancy and Quigley.
Delighted for Danny Luttrell. A reward for hard work.
Those 3 and O'Connor started v Monaghan in 2012. Well done to Courtwood.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: redsetanta on February 02, 2017, 10:13:13 PM
Remind me who they were Hesh. I assume it was when George Doyle was togging out.  Fair enough Timahoe have had the reps on the team but they were yoyoing berween senior and inter.
John O'Connell and George Doyle started the 1990(?) Leinster final.
George then would have played numerous times with Fergal Byron who I think would still have been playing when Niall Donoher broke onto the team.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I'm happy enough with that team given the position we find ourselves in regarding injuries etc.
Slight lack of experience maybe but most of these lads will be bustin' a gut to prove themselves on the inter county scene.
Surprising that Gary Walsh is not starting, hope he hasn't fallen out with them again....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

OTF

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on February 03, 2017, 01:01:15 AM

I'm happy enough with that team given the position we find ourselves in regarding injuries etc.
Slight lack of experience maybe but most of these lads will be bustin' a gut to prove themselves on the inter county scene.
Surprising that Gary Walsh is not starting, hope he hasn't fallen out with them again....

Would anyone here have come up with that team, are there 5 debutants  ?  looks a very interesting team to say the least.

The very best of luck tomorrow night.