Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco

I don't doubt your figures at all. Wee joke m8.

The numbers don't lie, it's sad to see a club like St Galls going down that route but it is what it is.

Quote from: delgany on September 25, 2020, 09:48:51 PM
Quote from: Bronco on September 25, 2020, 09:43:00 PM
Yeah but you can prove anything with facts 😉

Do you think , I randomly made that up ! THOSE  are directly from the completed official county transfer lists for 2019 and 20

Bronco

Zing!

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 25, 2020, 09:48:02 PM
Quote from: delgany on September 25, 2020, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2020, 08:18:39 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 25, 2020, 07:30:35 PM
I have no idea, he just showed me the list of transfers at the start of the season. My jaw dropped at 9 transfers to St Galls

So you've no idea it was either sanctioned players that would be unable to play as the team may not have had a chance to field. Or direct transfers?

Ok would be a better post if you were able to provide the full story, it may actually be full transfers but I've no idea either.

Transfers  and sanctions are on two separate  lists .
In 2019 , St.Galls received 9 transfers ,5 from Eire Og , 6 transfers were u18s
Sarsfields  had 8 , 5 were u18
Ardoyne  had 11, all over 18

Davitts had 9 , 3 were under 18.
St Galls had 7 , 4 were u18.

Players came from a range of clubs

10 players under the age of 18 transferred to St Galls the past two years. So much for investing in underage coaching. More like investing in underage poaching ffs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on September 25, 2020, 09:57:27 PM
I don't doubt your figures at all. Wee joke m8.

The numbers don't lie, it's sad to see a club like St Galls going down that route but it is what it is.

Quote from: delgany on September 25, 2020, 09:48:51 PM
Quote from: Bronco on September 25, 2020, 09:43:00 PM
Yeah but you can prove anything with facts 😉

Do you think , I randomly made that up ! THOSE  are directly from the completed official county transfer lists for 2019 and 20

Did you actually read his post and just see St Galls?  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Back to the football, last of the senior finals tomorrow; Ardoyne v St Comgalls. Again, being broadcast live on Antrim Facebook page. Ardoyne has a handy win over same opposition in the group stage. Finals can be different.

imtommygunn

Ardoyne seem to yo yo a bit in the football. Would maybe be good to see Antrim win it. Think it will be close and maybe Antrim to sneak it.

Minor b final on too - Creggan Glenravel. Suspect reading previous reports of games it may be tight too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 25, 2020, 10:01:47 PM
Is the consensus here that St. Gall's are actively pursuing players from Éire Óg? 9 of them? And we're believing that? Right...

9 but ended up being something different..

Our scouts are actively hanging around the Derriaghy area
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2020, 10:05:31 PM
Ardoyne seem to yo yo a bit in the football. Would maybe be good to see Antrim win it. Think it will be close and maybe Antrim to sneak it.

Minor b final on too - Creggan Glenravel. Suspect reading previous reports of games it may be tight too.

Depends how the soccer fixs are going ..for ardoyne. So going well at the minute  thanks to Jamie Bryson .. of all people !

Spike

If st galls are back scouting other clubs players, its a bit sick.  We've jested in the past about them hoovering up around Belfast and ulster, sending the bus to Crumlin for u12 players, but to see in in such stark terms is the antithesis of Gaa ethos. No real surprise then how they were the only all ireland champions with condemned changing rooms- blow ins who.dont care about the club in the long term.   

St galls were and are a mainstay of antrim.football - before their blow in success - they need real st galls people to support the club, invest in it and stay with it for the youth and greater good.  Every club has one or two blow in whom are assimilated, but not the numbers we are talking about here

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2020, 11:10:33 PM
If st galls are back scouting other clubs players, its a bit sick.  We've jested in the past about them hoovering up around Belfast and ulster, sending the bus to Crumlin for u12 players, but to see in in such stark terms is the antithesis of Gaa ethos. No real surprise then how they were the only all ireland champions with condemned changing rooms- blow ins who.dont care about the club in the long term.   

St galls were and are a mainstay of antrim.football - before their blow in success - they need real st galls people to support the club, invest in it and stay with it for the youth and greater good.  Every club has one or two blow in whom are assimilated, but not the numbers we are talking about here

My jaw dropped at 9 transfers to St Galls, was a quote on here from someone, but of course it's wrong. But you being daft and all will take that.

We've been winning and competing  Ulster championships since the 80's.  There's Not a club in Antrim that has not got players who have moved from club to club!

Blow in success  ;D I suppose we had it in 82 as well

Spike

16 transfers in last 2 years alone.  Speaks for itself. Plastic titles.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2020, 11:22:02 PM

We've won nowt lol 😂

Any teams that won titles at the weekend with blow ins?

Hmmmmm

Spike

Everyone has one or two, not a sizeable chunk of the team.  Long term its a problem, short term it isnt. Creggan and tir na nog having their own territorial battle over players so its not exclusively a st galls problem but certainly leaves a hollow feeling

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2020, 11:29:01 PM
Everyone has one or two, not a sizeable chunk of the team.  Long term its a problem, short term it isnt. Creggan and tir na nog having their own territorial battle over players so its not exclusively a st galls problem but certainly leaves a hollow feeling

So has there been a senior team at football recently won a title with an outside player in their ranks? Maybe even an ex county player? Not a squad type player

Bronco

Shocking to see the scale of the operation laid out like that. Very disappointing behaviour.

Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2020, 11:22:02 PM

Spike

you never read, just react.    Every team has one or two - not a plethora like at galls had.   The current county champions Cargin had a transfer who came on for the last ten mins, hardly integral but valued  See, it can be done, and I'd say he'll even stay around long enough to buy a raffle ticket at Christmas unlike those fermanagh st galls men 😀